Psychedelic Survival Guide

Discussion in 'Psychedelics' started by krieggott, Nov 27, 2015.

1. krieggott

krieggott Vendor

Hello fellow humans and future AI Overlords.

I run a shop called SalviaExtract.com, we sell Salvia obviously tincture and extract, but we also specialize in other goods like Kratom, Kava Kava and CBD plus and some Vaporizers. Feel free to check out our store. Free Shipping in the US, we also take the plastic which is a rarity in this industry and we treat everyone like a human being:)

[SIZE=14pt]No fly by operation been running this shop for about 10 years. Check out our reviews on TrustPilot[/SIZE][SIZE=14pt] they are from verified buyers no made up stuff. Yes I did set it up recently but the reviews are still legit. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=14pt]Coupon Code: PYSCHOFALL[/SIZE][SIZE=14pt] gives you 20% Off all item won't expire. Feel free to PM message here or e-mail us contact@salviaextract.com[/SIZE]

[SIZE=14pt]The purpose of this thread is to provide detailed information and tips on the use of Psychedelics and to engage others in asking questions. If you want to see some more legal psychedelics added to our repertoire let us know. Some of this info is from Erowid.org.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=18pt]General FAQ[/SIZE]

[SIZE=14pt]What is psychedelic?[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=14pt]Psychedelics usually fall into two chemical compound categories: tryptamines or phenethylamines. The most common phenethylamines (excluding mescaline) are research chemicals like DO* and 2c-*. There is a great research chemical thread but those can be discussed here too if need be. The other class of psychedelics, tryptamines include LSD, psilocin (metabolized from psilocybin, the psychoactive ingredient in mushrooms), and DMT. Many neurotransmitters like serotonin are also tryptamines and they work by binding to the 5-HT2A receptor site in the brain. There is a lot of speculation from what happens from there to actually produce a psychedelic experience.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=14pt]Should I take a psychedelic?[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=14pt]I hate this question. Fuck this question. It depends, it depends on everything. It depends on where you are in your life and if you think tripping would be beneficial and/or fun. These are very powerful things that in my opinion are best for personal development, if you want to have fun that's fine and you probably will but there are plenty of other ways to have fun that don't involve altering your neurochemistry. It's probably not the best idea to take a psychedelic if you're depressed or unhappy with your current situation in life, but on the other hand I've seen people including myself completely turn around parts of their life around after a trip. This is a decision you'll have to make on your own, talk and listen to people who've tried it. And remember there is no hurry. I know the mentality of wanting to do it because you think the acid man will never come around again, but he will so don’t rush yourself.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=14pt]How much should I take?[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=14pt]I would say start small. Like a haircut you can always take more off later but if you take more than you're comfortable with, well, things can get pretty hairy. Others would say that to truly have a psychedelic experience you need to take enough to be overwhelmed. I don’t agree with this at all, but I respect the position and I can see how some people may feel that way. You may end up like one of those people and that’s fine but I think even those people would suggest to start small and work up from there.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=14pt]Is there a tolerance?[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=14pt]Yes. It's much more negligible than say opiates or alcohol or weed, but it's there. There is a cross tolerance with chemicals from the same class. For instance because MDMA and 2c-i are both phenethylamines, you may experience diminished effects if taken the same or next day. The same goes for LSD and mushrooms, but mixing MDMA and LSD won't have any diminished effects. The way I see it, lots of stuff is going on your head. Neurons are getting fired, neurotransmitters are shifting around a lot, it's a good idea after you do any drug to wait a while and let your brain get back to baseline. Remember, be patient. There is no hurry.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=14pt]Can I take psychedelics while on anti-depressants?[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=14pt]You'll have a weak trip or none at all. A few ADs will increase the strength of the trip - and you'll need to consult erowid for the full text - but here is a contraindication chart. http://i.imgur.com/uMw70.png Please consider your situation before you take psychedelics while on ADs. Some can exacerbate psychological problems so if you’re on ADs it’s probably for a reason and you don’t want to make things worse. Really though you should ask your doctor/psychiatrist. They'll be more understanding than you think.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=14pt]How do I store these drugs?[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=14pt]In a cool, dark, dry place.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=14pt]Should I take mushrooms before acid?[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=14pt]Possibly the most infuriating question I get asked. They are 2 different drugs, with 2 different effects. Just because one is used more flippantly than the other and is harder to find doesn't make it any less powerful. I did acid first, and wouldn't have it any other way. Comments suggesting a drug hierarchy are a step in the wrong direction. With a high enough dose a drug commonly considered good for a first timer will induce a trip the likes of any other drug. With that being said, salvia, DMT, and other fast acting ego-loss-inducing drugs are not a good idea for a first timer. The reason isn't because there is some existential check-list one has to fulfill before moving onto “harder drugs”, but because the experience is so....”big”... it may turn the person off from using other drugs more responsibly and at a lesser dose that can actually help them grow as a person instead of just seeing bizarre shit.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=14pt]I want to take a psychedelic, but I'm afraid of freaking out and having a bad trip. How can I avoid one?[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=14pt]I'm not sure how to answer that, and I'm not sure it can be answered. Not that a bad trip is unavoidable, but the question just seems irrelevant or inapplicable. What I do know is that if one wanted to induce a bad trip all they'd have to do is take psychedelics frequently and carelessly.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=14pt]I have a family history of mental health problems but I really want to try psychedelics, advice?[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=14pt]Talk to a psychologist. If you don't have one, get one. If you are too young to get one, or can't speak to your parents rationally and ask to see a psychologist (which you should be seeing already if your family has a mental health history) then you are probably not in the best position to do psychedelics anyway.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=14pt]What is “Set and Setting”[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=14pt]Setting refers to your physical environment during a trip. What kind of people are you around? Are they your close friends? Do you trust them? Do you feel safe there? Are you sick or tired? Are you inside, out, or both? Set refers to your mentality at the time. Have you been going through a wide range of emotions recently? Are you anxious about something? Are you doing it because everyone else is doing it, or do you genuinely want to? A billion things play a part in set and setting but the important thing is to make sure you definitely want to do this. It's best to trip when you have nothing to do the next day, or the next half hour like go to school or work. Put forth effort, and plan things.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=18pt]LSD[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=14pt]“LSD is the best known and most researched psychedelic. It is the standard against which all other psychedelics are compared. It is active at extremely low doses and is most commonly available on blotter or in liquid form.” Easy to transport, easy to ingest, easy to lose and get lost, a lot of people in the thread are probably more familiar with LSD than anything else. Nowadays it mostly comes in blotter, liquid, or candies. Batches vary A LOT (black market and all) so I think it’s best to test out a new batch with 2 hits (on blotter) as a way to gauge the potency for the batch. Only a few times I wished I’d only taken 1 but it wasn’t a big deal. More often than not it was a little weak. Erowid really has it all, so here’s a link to the LSD page. Click the “Effects” (square with the brain/rainbow on it) button to see a graph of the trip timeline from dosing to coming down: http://www.erowid.org/chemicals/lsd/lsd.shtml[/SIZE]

[SIZE=14pt]Here’s a great little FAQ from Gobbeldygook about RC’s/Analogues in regards to LSD:[/SIZE]

[SIZE=14pt]Are there LSD analogues?[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=14pt]Yes. There are absolutely LSD analogues. You can go read about a few of them in TIHKAL - AL-LAD and ETH-LAD - although Shulgin's approaches start with LSD.[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=14pt]Have LSD analogues ever made it into the wild?[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=14pt]Yes. William Pickard, the chemist who set up shop in a missile silo in Kansas, made and distributed a batch of ALD-52. Nicholas Sand, a chemist in Canada that had manufactured almost a kilo of LSD per year, manufactured two LSD analogues that he was planning to distribute but he was busted before he could do so. There's a GC/MS floating around of something that was recently sold as LSD, but was definitely not LSD, a DO*, or any other chemical they could identify, but seemed fairly close to LSD.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=14pt]Why would someone make and distribute analogues?[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=14pt]1. Because they're better. There's no way to know for sure, but maybe one or more of the analogues is considered 'better' by most of those who take it. If someone made an analogue of LSD that didn't last as long, had more dramatic visuals, and less mindfuck, a lot of people would say that it's better than LSD. I say fuck those people.[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=14pt]2. Because the chemist is bored. They don't want to sit around making LSD all day, they want to make something new for a change. They already have most of the materials lying around, so they make an LSD analogue and put some onto the market to see how people like it. [/SIZE]
    [SIZE=14pt]3. Because it's easier. Maybe some chemist found a close-enough analogue that skips LSD's closely-watched precursors. Maybe the chemistry is easier or less dangerous to scale up. My money is on #2.[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=14pt]Is MY acid a fake acid analogue?[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=14pt]Almost certainly not. If a batch of acid 'seems different' from normal acid to you, it's far more likely to be a change in potency or set and setting. A study done by Erowid noted that when people sent in samples of LSD back in the 70s complaining that they were 'cut' or 'fake acid', those samples were actually on average purer and more potent. The proof is in the pudding: Where are the busts? If these analogues were widespread to the point of having 'replaced acid' as so many paranoid acidheads will say, then we should be finding court cases where people were busted for having this 'not acid', but we're not.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=14pt]Just another note about LSD. You cannot determine anything with a blacklight. Please don't be those dudes walking around with a blacklight, it's really fucking insulting too.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=18pt]Mushrooms[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=14pt]“There are more than 180 species of mushrooms which contain the psychedelics psilocybin or psilocin. They have a long history of use in Mexico and are currently one of the most popular and commonly available natural psychedelics.” - http://www.erowid.org/plants/mushrooms/mushrooms.shtml[/SIZE]

[SIZE=14pt]OK, so I've acquired some mushrooms and want to watch the Justice League battle Darkseid behind closed eyelids, how much should I take? [/SIZE]
    [SIZE=14pt]An 8th is a pretty standard trip, but will give you a very “full” experience. Also understand there are two main methods of ingestion, both require eating. But one generally produces a lot stronger trip than the other. One is just to eat the mushrooms not ground up. Most people including myself can't do this anymore after developing an aversion. Sometimes people cut them mushrooms up into small chunks and then make tea from it, maybe effective but that's a lot of shroom water. Or you can just flat out eat them. Then there is putting your mushies into a coffee grinder, after this you have a variety of methods that result in you being on mushrooms. When you grind mushrooms and then eat them there is more surface area and your body can digest/metabolize the organic matter/psilocybin almost all at once instead of over a period of time. The trip will be like a bolus, stronger, but a lot shorter. Depending on how much you take, maybe 1-2.5 hours shorter, and that much stronger.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=14pt]Methods of Injestion: (coffee grinder works the best)[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=14pt]-Mushroom Slurpee: Grind mushrooms. Get a coke slurpee (the size about twice as big as the smallest) and put the mushrooms in there. Mix. Mix some more. Drink. It's interesting on how you can alter the strength of your trip just by changing the speed you drink the slurpee. Also slurpees are awesome.[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=14pt]-Chocolates!: Ice cube size chocolates hold about 1-1.7 grams of mushroom powder. If your dealer says otherwise, he is lying and/or uninformed. There are good recipes for this on the shroomery or elsewhere online. Other than the next method, it's my favorite way to eat mushrooms.[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=14pt]-00-Capsules: Go to your local vitamin whatever place and get 1000 of these for 5 bucks. Grind mushrooms, put them in the 00-capsules. I'm pretty sure you can put exactly 1 gram per capsule. If you can't find the capsules, buy some milk thistle which comes in 00-capsules, empty them out, and replace with mushroom powder. I must stress this again, grinding mushrooms will produce a much stronger trip. There is no harm in starting small.[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=14pt]-Citric Acid: Another method is to grind them up and let them sit in some kind of lemon juice or black currant juice. The acid breaks down the mushroom plant matter even before you ingest it. There is a noticeable increase in potency, along the same lines as going from eating them whole to eating them ground. But it tastes fucking horrible. Horrible.[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=14pt]Also, don’t go mushroom hunting unless you’re really experienced or with someone who is. Same goes for self-identifying mushrooms. It can end badly.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=14pt]The following sections on mescaline, DMT and salvia have been written by 271XxXHondaRiderXxX271.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=18pt]Mescaline[/SIZE]

[SIZE=14pt]In what forms might mescaline be?[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=14pt]Mescaline can be extracted from the various cacti species that produce the chemical. It is a very simple process to create a usable mescaline dose from a cactus, but the more refined your product is the more palatable it will be.[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=14pt]- First, you can just eat the cactus. However, you'll need to eat a hell of a lot, and it tastes absolutely vile. Somewhere on the order of 150 grams of cactus will need to be ingested if you take it raw.[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=14pt]- Cactus drink is the easiest and most common extraction process. It simply involves boiling cactus to remove the mescaline from the plant, straining out the mostly inert plant matter and drinking the resulting liquid. This liquid will taste horrific as well, but you'll only be drinking a small cup.[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=14pt]- Cactus powder is a convenient method if your cactus happened to come dried. You just need to powder it. Very simple. It will be a minimum of 4-5 times as potent as fresh cactus, since it won't have all that[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=14pt]useless water weight.[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=14pt]- Mescaline HCl is the most pure product, and is much more difficult to produce, compared to boiling. As such, it is rare and usually expensive. But this will provide the truest mescaline experience available. Of course, part of the intrigue of mescaline is getting in touch with your Native American side, so perhaps purity shouldn't be a concern...[/SIZE]

[SIZE=14pt]The cacti[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=14pt]- Peyote is the most well-known and popular mescaline-containing cactus. However, this notoriety has also provided peyote with an illicit status in America. Unless you live in a desert in the Southwest United States, there's very little chance of obtaining one. Even then, you will be spending many hours scouring the arid landscapes.[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=14pt]- Both the Peruvian Torch and San Pedro species belong to the genus Echinopsis, and are the two most common species that the average tripper will come across. They are legal to grow and buy in America, but obviously not to ingest.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=14pt]Dosing with mescaline[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=14pt]As mentioned before, fresh cactus will generally require a minimum of 100 grams to have a trip. The cactus powder will only need about 20-25 grams for an average trip. Still quite a bit, but made easier due to the possibility of capping your product in pills. The liquid will be variable depending on how much water you use in your process. Basically, whatever amount of fresh cactus you have, figure out your dose beforehand and boil that up. So if you want a strong trip, take about 200 grams of fresh cactus, boil it down, and drink all of the resulting solution. Mescaline HCl only requires about 200 mg per trip.[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=14pt]
What's gonna happen to me?[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=14pt]In my experience with anything except HCl, mescaline takes forever and a day to kick in. I've seen friends stay sober for literally 5 hours before they finally started tripping. Average response time is generally more like 2-3 hours, but sometimes subtle effects can be had as early as 30 minutes or so. The peak can last up to 10 hours, and usually not less than about 6. Whatever the case, you're tripping for a long ass time. You'll finally slowly descend from the trip over the course of an hour or two. Then there's usually a long after-glow period that can last hours or days. With HCl the come up will be very quick (more along the lines of an LSD come up), and the every step of the experience will be a bit shorter.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=14pt]Tripping on mescaline is generally regarded as less stressful and more positive than LSD or shrooms, but equally as intense. Many people feel very spiritual and connected to the world, and most users prefer to be with nature during their experience. The visuals are usually a bit more "pastel" based than LSD (which in my experience is very vivid and sharp colors, like an LED screen or a laser light show), and more subdued than shrooms. The mindfuck is very introspective and many times trippers will be content sitting on the ground admiring the world.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=18pt]DMT[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=14pt]DMT is such a ridiculous drug, I honestly believe it defies all description. But here are the very basics...[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=14pt]The most common DMT experience involves smoking the powder. It's an instant peak that lasts about 15 minutes long, and - if you do it right - will likely be the single most intense psychedelic experience you will ever have.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=14pt]How do I take it?[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=14pt]As I mentioned, smoking it is the most common way. I would also like to mention that smoking it is the easiest way to waste most of this incredibly valuable substance. Hitting it on top of weed is an absolute waste. You want vapors, not combustion. Therefore, any open flame touching the chemical will ruin it. You'll probably get some residual vapors, but it is extremely inefficient. My favorite method is to get a crack pipe (or "eucalyptus inhaler" as you'll call it in the head shop) and vaporize it that way. You can also use a normal vape (the vaporization point is 155˚ F or 68˚ C), but I don't recommend that as DMT resin smells horrible, and it will taint your piece until you thoroughly clean it. http://stonerculture.com/2011/12/howdoyousmokedmt/ That's a post I made going into greater detail about my experiences trying to smoke/vape DMT.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=14pt]The most potent method of ingestion is orally with an MAOI, and Ayahuasca brews are the traditional way to do this. Columbian natives discovered long ago that you can combine a specific Amazonian vine (containing MAOI) with another Amazonian tree (containing DMT) and have the most intense spiritual experience known to man. Whereas smoking provides a relatively harmless 15 minute trip, an Ayahuasca brew will produce an 8 hour spiritual experience involving intense bouts of "purging" - basically just grueling bouts of nausea and vomiting - that most users describe as intense, cleansing, terrifying, enlightening, and everything in between.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=14pt]As a note, DMT is inactive orally without an MAOI. Taking an MAOI and then smoking DMT will also produce different effects, and supposedly can extend the trip to over 3 hours. Take that with a grain of salt though. Keep in mind, MAOIs can be very dangerous if you don't know what you're doing. Simply eating the wrong food can cause life-threatening complications. Heavily research the dietary and other requirements before combining MAOIs with DMT.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=14pt]Other comments[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=14pt]DMT is very intense. If you breakthrough you likely won't be capable of doing anything at all until you're down. So you'll probably want to be in a safe, comfortable environment. Depending on who you talk to, music is the best or the worst thing to have while on the spice. Some people like dark rooms, some like bright, it's all very personal. You won't know until you do it. I've always found DMT to be a very kind psychedelic. It is intense and overpowering, but in a gentle manner. If you treat DMT with respect, it will provide you with one of the most positive and beautiful experiences imaginable.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=18pt]Salvia[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=14pt]Salvia is another insane drug that eludes explanation. I always think of salvia as "poor man's DMT." Not that the effects resemble DMT in any way, but it's another chemical that blasts you off into completely foreign fantasy lands, and can completely transform your perception into a previously unimaginable realm. It's very much the yin to DMT's yang.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=14pt]Availability[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=14pt]We obviously sell it as per the top of the page, feel free to check out our store at www.salviaextract.com . Mom and Pops against everything fun have gone on a rampage discrediting Salvia and out of nowhere the Drug War Machine selected salvia as its next target, and next thing we knew there were news reports exaggerating the popularity and use of the drug. Nowadays there are quite a few states that salvia has been classified in, and many others that are likely to criminalize it in the future. http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikiped..._status_USA.svg This graph shows the states that have already criminalized it, are trying to do so, and haven't yet. Red means criminalized, dark red means attempting to, yellow means prohibited to minors, and grey means currently unclassified.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=14pt]Use[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=14pt]Stick it in a pipe and smoke it. Use a torch lighter to combust the shit out of the substance, and blast yourself deeply into space. Smoking fresh plant will do absolutely nothing for you. You want extract, and 20x+ is recommended. You'll be tripping for only a few minutes, though time dilation can make it seem like hours. I am probably the only one in my circle who considers salvia a "fun" drug. And even I don't seek it out any more.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=14pt]The trips always sort of feel dirty, dark and raw, compared to DMT which is clean, bright and refined. It is worth a try, but be warned that many people do not really like it. If you do salvia before any other psychedelic there is a fair chance it will scare you away from the rest of them. Keep in mind salvia is absolutely nothing like any other drug I've ever tried. Complete fabrications, alternations on reality, and anything in between can happen on salvia. So be somewhere safe and comfortable.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=14pt]Helpful links:[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=14pt]http://stonerculture.com/category/psychedelic-drugs/[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=14pt]http://www.psychedelic-library.org/[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=14pt]http://www.tripzine.com/listing.php?id=pit_toc[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=14pt]http://tripzine.com/pit/signal_theory_poster.pdf[/SIZE]

[SIZE=14pt]oh ya: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AsTZ...feature=related[/SIZE]

1 person likes this.
  2. skip

skip Founder Administrator

Thanks for being a sponsor and supporting Hip Forums with your banner ad! :)

Good luck with your ad campaign.

Anyone interested in his products should check out his website.

3. MeAgain

MeAgain Dazed & Confused Lifetime Supporter Super Moderator

Taking two hits of LSD at once to test it out?

We used to divide it four ways.

4. unfocusedanakin

unfocusedanakin The Archaic Revival Lifetime Supporter

Taking 2 hits of NBOME when you want LSD could be lethal. I don't know about that advice unless you trust your source and know what to look for.