So Much Rubbish Spoken About Being Bf...

Discussion in 'Barefoot' started by charlie35, Nov 24, 2015.

1. charlie35

charlie35 Member

Well it's been the usual tedious day at work today, not helped by the office heating system blowing out stuffy air and I swear also a fair quantity of dust. This brings on my asthma and causes me to constantly sneeze and sniff. Over the last few days I've also caved in to the idea that I must wear shoes (shame on me). Don't know why, but I suddenly felt self-conscious and a bit daft as everyone else has gone into boots etc as the weather has got colder.

However this evening I thought sod it, and went out for a 3 mile bf walk, despite the cold. I have returned feeling totally invigorated and the sneezes and sniffs have gone, despite walking over damp grass and leaves for much of the way. I'm now wondering even more why being bf is such a no no..."Aren't your feet cold??"..."You'll catch your death".. etc etc...Quite the opposite, people....it's by far the healthiest way to be, whatever the weather :)

Am now looking fwd to some snow-footing!

2 people like this.
  2. Indeed. A barefoot walk on cold pavement can invigorate you like a Popsicle in summer! Snow-footing in light snow in brief bits is fun, too! Everything in moderation (except, of course excess)!

1 person likes this.
  3. hotasphaltblisteredsoles

hotasphaltblisteredsoles  

Well, it certainly feels prickly enough on pavement close enough to the 32 degrees F freezing temperature, but I wouldn't call it invigorating. The soles also remain chilled for several minutes and I actually found that my soles were sweating to try to keep warm by removing the cold from the pores. Frost on the ground cold and extended walking? Flip flops. Rainy weather? Closed shoes with socks. Snow footing? Maybe just for show, but my soles might start sticking to the snow like a tongue does when licking a popsicle.

Heat has a wider range from warm to hot to increasing levels of burning hot... all before even worrying about blisters and then 3rd degree burns aren't even a concern before blisters (no matter how gradually or quickly the blisters occur). Cold has too narrow of a range before frostbite sets in.