My Dreams Don't Obey Me

Discussion in 'Dreams' started by gintare, Nov 23, 2015.

1. gintare

gintare Members

Hi people!
    I've been practicing lucid dreams for over a year. Sometimes it works wonder but in most cases I forget the rule of watching hands and dreams go chaotic. Who knows how can I set myself into a proper mood for achieving the state of awareness of what's goin on in a dream? I've noticed that taking meds and drinking alcohol prevents from LD. But are there any means to intensify them? Dear friends would you be so kind to share your tricks? Thanks!

2. themnax

themnax Senior Member

influence isn't control. trying to force anything is like beating your head against a wall. you just have to not think in terms of controlling the way you would a car, and more like how the rudder on a boat interacts with physical forces in a less absolute manor.

the only "tricks" i know are to fall asleep staring at your hands or simply in a process of meditation. crushing some mint leaves under your pillow seems to help too.

well i lost the final round in a dream shaping contest in one of my dreams too. so i may not be the best source on this.

3. gintare

gintare Members

But you are, thanks
    I know just one extremal way to command dreams. All you have to do is keep awake through three nights running. A month ago I tried this. On the forth night I saw at least dozen different dreams. Every time after I shut my eyes I would be carried away into a new LD. Half of them were connected with soaring over different cities and landscapes. If I landed and walked my feet ached as if I stepped on crushed glass. it is worth mentioning that those dreams were shockingly vivid and detailed. For instance I remember that in one dream I wasn't soaring but rather gliding on transparent sheet of plexiglas. In one dream I was browsing through the books of my school mate's home library. It was reminiscence from my early childhood, but I've never recalled this for at least 20 years! I experienced similar things every night of the folloving week. Then LD had stopped. :tumbleweed:

4. tikoo

tikoo Senior Member

Relaxed and quiet , I close these eyes to see what I can see . May I see the color red , please ?
    It comes as a shape , perhaps square-ish sometimes . And this is quite like an abstact painting .
    The hue of the red is always a surprise , and it is set against a subdued and contrasting back-
    ground - in the case of a brilliant crimson it could be a gentle , shadowy green .

There are paintings like this in galleries of modern art .

I find yellow the most difficult to command .

It's fun . And it's the stuff dreams are made of . Dreams of shape and color and motion freely emerge ,
    and of these my favorite has been a crystalline mandala . I hold it soulfully for what it continues to be ,
    which is free . I do not command the meaningfulness of a relationship . By this I live .

5. gintare

gintare Members

Oh, Thanks
    I've just recalled one man - Aleksandras, my aquaintance, 61 years old. 40 years ago he was an apprentice of some intelligence servis school - KGB or something (not kidding, I'm from Lithuania, former USSR). Once he was chosen for a special group to develop extra sensual perception. The first task to enter this group was to close the eyes and try to bring about a particular colour and keep it as long as it was possible. Then the tasks would became more complicated but the principal was the same. He succeed in all those tests but the most of his mates failed at the first step. It's weird but people often fail to build a colour just with the power of imagination

6. tikoo

tikoo Senior Member

Like a color , a circle could be asked to appear in one's mind-scape . Reasonably
    that circle will be perfect , an absolute truth , the only perfect circle that is . It is
    beautiful , of the beautiful light . Or could one hear a circle that is music ? Or
    perceive an odor of sanctity that is Krisna in his forest of peace ...

Some people think imagination is threatening to the discovery of fact . It is
    a reasoned belief . A staunch rationalist will imagine reason to be ultimate ,
    that is - anything unreasonable is also impure , not trustworthy , untrue .
    They might not see because they will not see , and they fear to dream . In
    dreams their horrors dwell .

Last night I dreamed of warm wool blankets . And my dream thoughts were ko ,
    respectful of a feeling that I could hold for as long as I could dream .

7. Moonglow181

Moonglow181 Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

Are your dreams an ampitheater?

"To be or not to be....that is the question."

8. Blu3sLady

Blu3sLady Members

I know of one muscle memory type trick that I learned from the Silva method long ago... back when dirt was young. This is more a trick to have a problem solving dream but it can be modified for a lucid/alpha state dream. It helps generate alpha brain waves which are the brain patterns discernible during REM sleep and/or meditation:

Have a glass of water bedside and a tablet and pen. Before you go to sleep, drink half the glass of water while staring at the ceiling. Rotating your eyes towards the ceiling at a ninety degree angle like sometimes happens in prayer is a physical signal to your brain that you wish to enter a meditative state. Your brain will begin to move in that direction. While you are drinking this water, think the words.."This is all I need to do to have a problem solving dream that I will remember in the morning."

In the morning, before you do anything else.. drink the second half of the glass of water... once again while staring at the ceiling and think these words: "This is all I need to do to remember my dreams with clarity and detail." And then immediately write down the dreams that you remember from the night before.

You will want to write them down before you do anything else and before your beta brain gets fully engaged.

This is a matter of practice, really, for those people who already meditate and know what an alpha brain wave feels like. You should be prolific at it with two or three practice sessions.
    Hope this helps and this physical trigger trick is easily modified for lucid dream sessions.

9. Blu3sLady

Blu3sLady Members

I know of one trick for seeing colors and shapes, too... if that is your goal... to increase your visual perception, while in alpha. It's a little more involved so I won't type it all out unless you're really interested. I'm only on my first cup of coffee this morning and the 'lazies' are holding court at the moment.

10. gintare

gintare Members

Thanks.
    I think this method will fit every purpose not only bringing about lucid dreams. I'll try this tonight. Shall wtite of it tomorrow

1 person likes this.
  11. tikoo

tikoo Senior Member

Directing a dream is to make a movie . And then to be living the dream ? Oh ,
    the theatrics of it !

12. Blu3sLady

Blu3sLady Members

Gintare.. I told you the method exactly as it was taught to me. Over the years, I have modified the wording because what we tell ourselves while generating alpha brain wave patterns is handled differently than what we tell ourselves while in beta. Alpha thought gets stored in a more permanent way in that part of the brain that makes up who we 'are' and what our current reality is... and the alpha brain is often quite literal.

So.. I've modified this.. when I still use it... to be: "This is ritual that I do to create a problem solving dream." I don't need the ritual any longer and the word 'need' in the original programming statement always bothered me, anyway.

As you modify this method keep a few things in mind: Because the alpha brain is often quite literal, always program it with a positive statement. For instance, thinking 'I'm wonderful!' while meditating/alpha gets stored literally. Thinking 'I'm not so bad.".. is a bit of humor and the alpha brain doesn't differentiate humor well... and may, in fact, ignore the 'not' part of that statement. So... keep it simple. Keep it positive.

Why this happens is pretty involved and I'd have to be long-winded and very boring to explain it well. Part of it is a survival of the species sort of thing, in terms of how this pertains to brain wave patterns. Whatever... have a lovely day, Sugar.

13. Sleeping Caterpillar

Sleeping Caterpillar Members

all the tricks i know to increase dreams are eating bananas, and drinking green tea. i made that a regular part of my diet, had a inked circle on my left hand at all times to use as a totem

and with a dream jorunal i waas having lucid dreams every 2 weeks and vivid dreams every night

14. themnax

themnax Senior Member

do you expect the universe you're awake in to "obey" you?
    does not being able to expect it to prevent you from doing things?

no single one of us, "controls" everything,
    all of us, and a great deal more, participate in shaping it.

dreams are the same way. its just another parallel universe.

15. gintare

gintare Members

Oh, it's just a terminological issue - "obey" , "shaping it" - this doesn't matter for me

16. gintare

gintare Members

I'm not quite sure if I got your point. The grammar of this phrase is difficult for me to understand. I'm just a dumb girl from Lithuania sorry :tumbleweed:

17. tikoo

tikoo Senior Member

Sometimes I'll get a realization or an instruction from a dream and then act on it . I think
    that is an ultimate lucid dream . I'm also able to focus on what's most important about a
    dream with my oracle device .

I remember a lot of dreams . The most memorable read like a folk-tale , like of the number 3 ...
    such as a dream of 3 churches , finding two doors locked , and then the 3rd is the littlest one
    and freely open . I enter , and there and then within , a fantastical puppet show begins .

An oracle device is very helpful on some mornings . Only once have I felt like consulting an
    experienced dream interpreter . We met walking on a dusty road through the forest . There
    were 3 characters in the dream I related to him : myself , a goat , and the magical horse .

18. themnax

themnax Senior Member

you seem to be saying you feel that you can't control yourself within your dreams because you can't control everything else in them. my point is that even though we don't control very much beyond our selves in the world we live in when awake, we can still choose our movements, we can explore and we can make things. the way in dreams is perhaps a bit sliprier, less linear, less direct. i'm just saying its not an either or matter, of control or helplessness. and though it operates differently in each, still the same applies to both.

the dream world is a separate world where some things work differently, but its still just another world(parallel universe).

some people believe that there is only the chemistry and electrical charges in our physical brains, and some believe it is things as they are taught by some religion.
    my own experience is that these are both wrong. that what lies beyond what we are familiar with is both stranger, and at the same time less threatening, then what we are.

it is a different ocean, but we can still swim in it. it is a different forest, but we can still walk its paths.
    and i do mean, (granted, to unpredictably varying degrees), largely by our own volition.

19. gintare

gintare Members

The first trick I've ever learned about LD was as follows. My friend Antoine told me to take up watching palms as many times a day as possible: When somebody calls you on the phone (in reality) you shouldn't rush to answer you need to look at your palms at first. You must say:
    "It's a dream. Isn't it?"
    When you get used to this, sure - in yor dreams you'll act the same

Don Juan Matus said about the rear sides of hands rather then palms but it doesn't change the whole matter

20. tikoo

tikoo Senior Member

[sharedmedia=gallery:images:39741]

A hand to the sky . It wonders of what you dream that is beyond even
    as you quest within . Moon music ? Lately before sleep I've been making
    a music of deep resonance from head to toe ... it is the woo , a song
    of the earth . Don't know what else to do at the moment ... it's going to
    be a very odd winter .

Music is not a trick . Can you hear music in a dream ?

1 person likes this.
Tags: