love that idea

#92 Irminsul

Irminsul

Valkyrie

• PipPipPip
  • 15,870 posts
  • LocationBavaria, Deutschland

Posted March 26 2016 - 06:35 PM

Crawling in Mein skin, this wounds they will not heil!

emo_hitler.jpg

Edited by Irminsul, March 26 2016 - 06:35 PM.

Red, white, black are our true colours
For these colours we will fight!
Red, white, black will crush the enemy
And will bring back what is right!

#93 fourth wise man

fourth wise man

•  Supporters
  • PipPip
  • 647 posts
  • LocationEarth

Posted August 25 2016 - 10:45 PM

I've always thought New Age grunge would be cool. Probably ever since Bad Brains went more Metal sounding than their Punk roots (their cd "Quickness" in '89 for example). Their occasional bits of Rasta music that was thrown into the mix was cool too.

#94 fourth wise man

fourth wise man

•  Supporters
  • PipPip
  • 647 posts
  • LocationEarth

Posted December 13 2016 - 04:20 PM

Well....I watched that whole video and I certainly wouldn't call it grunge. Maybe New Age and even jammy in it's own way. I think it's ok for what it is, cool to hear and may even be fun to jam on. But two things I noticed.....first....there is almost zero reaction from the crowd except for the few super heady bros up front who probably can lecture everyone else on what it means to really "get it". Second...they cut the jams from one song to the next or the beginnings and endings of songs for this video. If this is the reaction from the crowd on what they thought was good enough to keep....either the rest of the music was really a drag or the drugs in the crowd were incredible...which is a realistic possibility. 

"Gatha" the only thing I heard that had a chance, but needs more of another element. vocals, low voiced singing, something. Didn't do much for me.

#95 Peaceful_LotusFlower

Peaceful_LotusFlower

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 117 posts
  • LocationFlorida USA

Posted December 13 2016 - 05:54 PM

I'm not sure I've heard about it, though I wouldn't mind listening to some of it if I knew of any good bands. Grew up in the 90's and I always loved Alice in chains, The Smashing Pumpkins, Nirvana, Mud Honey, Stone Temple Pilots, etc. Still remember watching it on MTV when MTV was actually good and played really good music videos. So if anyone has anything they'd like to share with me, just pm me and share new stuff with me. I don't care if it's grunge or not. I'd like listening to new albums. :)

Posted Image

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Grunge Rock, Grunge, Music

Click to shop at Royal Queen Seeds