What Do You Have On Your Desk?

Discussion in 'Games and Contests' started by Aerianne, Nov 10, 2015.

1. themnax

themnax Senior Member

a digital camera, a spool of brown thread, and note pads from the transit system of the town i used to live in three or four years ago.

2. Spectacles

Spectacles My life is a tapestry Lifetime Supporter

large container of iced coffee

3. themnax

themnax Senior Member

well my desk is my only real table, because my other table is the support for a miniature world in which little furry sonas ride trains of an odd scale and gauge combination, and live in odd little tiny houses.
    my desk is the center (conceptually, physically its against one wall, sort of in a corner next to the window) of my house, where i live, when i'm not laying down in bed or making something to eat, or required by nature or inclination to be elsewhere. soo, as you might well expect then, this is why such a great and wonderful veriety of stuff, makes its home there. it is both computer workstation, and art and model building work bench, and kitchen table too. the rest of the room is for shelving, and a little 'kitchen' nook, in another corner. so one my desk, at any given time, it is home to, among these many other things, my glasses, without which, i can still read fine print just fine, but not the street sign at the end of the block.

recent immigrants from the shelves, include a tiny book, about 3 inches on a side and a quarter inch think, of what i consider not the best translation i've ever had, of omar khyyam's rubaiyat.
    along with fawcett book #169 prize model railroad layouts, edited by a.c.kalmbach, and published in 1952. (both of which i have recently had occasion to look things up in)

4. La Ya Ya

La Ya Ya Fueled by Espresso Lifetime Supporter

Purchase Orders and Bills

5. GLENGLEN

GLENGLEN Banned

A Great Big Creme/Tabby Cat Called Arnold, Trying To Type And View The Screen Is Nigh Impossible..... :D

Cheers Glen.

2 people like this.
  6. La Ya Ya

La Ya Ya Fueled by Espresso Lifetime Supporter

My cats are always trying to use the computer!

So what is on my desk? Cat Hairs!!!

7. Aerianne

Aerianne Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

A tube of hairball remedy for cats.

8. themnax

themnax Senior Member

my own fur i'm sorry to say. i'm always shedding. gets into my keyboard and the little hole for the lazer in the bottom of my mouse and everything.
    there's also a short pile of index cards to write down my inspirations on. and a dust mask.

9. Aerianne

Transdermal Tramadol to be administered to the cat - in her ear.

10. GLENGLEN

GLENGLEN Banned

Tuesdays Breakfast...... :sunny:

Cheers Glen.

11. Aerianne

12. themnax

themnax Senior Member

another spare set of earbuds for when the current one fails, as the all eventually do from sleeping on them. they're cheap enough and have good enough sound for this to not be a problem.
    also a new packet of emory boards. not just to knock sharp corners off my claws to keep them from tearing things, but likewise the trimming and fitting of small plastic parts.
    and one of microfiber dust masks, in the hope that the air, and things other people smoke outside, won't trash my lungs quite as quickly as otherwise.

13. NoxiousGas

NoxiousGas Old Fart

hmmm,
    a computer, monitor, keyboard, mouse, scanner, BOSE Wavemachine radio, a ten gallon freshwater aquarium with 10 cardinal tetras, 10 amber tetras, 5 rummynose tetras, a pair of albino cory catfish , two gold rams, 3 frogs and an albino bristle-nose plecostomus;
    [​IMG]
    above that is a saltwater ten gallon aquarium with my undulated trigger, snowflake moray eel and chainlink moray eel;

[​IMG]

various tools and junk, a bong,
    and my latest addition to the clutter, a 3/4 gallon "pico reef";

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  14. Aerianne

A stash of trinkets to use in making jewelry.

1 person likes this.
  15. themnax

themnax Senior Member

pretty much the same things as last time and the time before the time before. there's bound to be something i've put somewhere else since them, though i'm not sure what, there is a plastic bag from a rock show with three pieces of different kinds of petrified wood. some of the model building tools that had strayed elsewhere have found their way back. building more rolling stock for then On18 again. oh there's a new renewal notice for asamov's sf in what serves as my 'in box'. the cup with the picture of a cat sitting in a window on it is back, as is the bowl cup. the one i bought since i moved here. the old one with the broken handle i left behind when i moved, which will be a year ago in another couple of months.

16. GLENGLEN

GLENGLEN Banned

A Sad Looking Empty Champagne Glass...........Excuse Me For A Minute Whilst I Rectify The Problem......[​IMG]

Cheers Glen.

17. themnax

themnax Senior Member

two empty ceramic cups (mugs some people call them, but they're the only kind of cups i'm interested in having. i doubt very much any bone ash was mixed with their caolinite, but they do have a nice white glaze, with random odd wordless things printed on the out side of them. one has a cat in a window, and the other a bunch of pinapples and palm trees. i'm guessing the latter is from my dead wife's brother who lives in hawaii. the one with the cat i'm not sure where it came from. i probably found it in some thrift shope, or maybe one of her former housemates did)

18. GLENGLEN

GLENGLEN Banned

A Tissue I Have Blown My Nose On 4 Times Today........[​IMG]

Cheers Glen.

19. Aerianne

Olive oil for the cat's hair mats.

20. Moonglow181

Moonglow181 Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

jelly beans