Sadness Is......

Discussion in 'Games and Contests' started by Moonglow181, Nov 5, 2015.

1. Moonglow181

Moonglow181 Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

Sadness is the golden retriever, Sullivan, who lives with me.....He is 130 pounds of sadness dead weight, and exercising him is a really a chore...and always puts my entire body out of whack....sore lower back all of the time...where I have to really fight through the pain to finish almost every day.,....arm is killing me all day.......He is dead weight, i have to pull along all of the time.....as he always just wants to get back to Stan and lay there......He has always been this way from the first day he came here, though...poor dog and....I don't know why.

2. Moonglow181

He does come alive when my brother visits though ....and gets excited...My brother takes him outside off of the leash...just free and throws the ball so Sully can run and get it....which he will do many times......I tell Stan to do that...but he doesn't...and I can't throw that far.....and Stan won't let me let him be free outside on our property....as when I used to, Sully would find some pile of shit to roll in........but for some reason, my brother gets him to have bounce in his step. :)

3. Moonglow181

4. storch

storch banned

Sadness, you say?

Deep in the woods I stood that night, with the light of the moon casting her living, moving shadows upon the ground while the treetops swayed to the leadings of the warm wind, together playing their mesmerizing song of the sound of whispered secrets, like the secret magic and the secret wonder of the mystery of her and me when we were not so old, when so much was said with not a spoken word.

And there I stood in my mind, young again, wondering what had drawn me out to that woods that night. It was desire; the desire for her presence. Sadly now, a desire for the memory of her presence; a desire for a memory; a figment of my imagination; a fragment of my fragmented mind. But this figment had grown to greater than ghostly proportions; a tangible essence; an irresistible force of compelling nature, silently calling me, pulling me from the grasp of the reality of my fleeting existence; some offer of hope in this terminal course. But I knew the truth. Winter would come--was already here. No more spring magic. No more wonder. All is known and past. She is gone.

Disillusioned, I no longer cared to stand. So I laid myself down among the trunks of the faithful trees, and there I slept. And in my sleep I dreamed of dreaming a dream from which I awoke. And when I awoke, the sun was screaming about reality, and the reality refused to be denied. The moon was gone. The treetops were still. The figment had died. And I could hear my lonely self calling me back home. And so I left the woods, filled with the suspicion that my yearning self was also a figment. And this saddened me to no end because I could not remember where or when I had last seen myself truly.

1 person likes this.
  5. Moonglow181

How beautifully written, Storch....:) WOW!

6. xXKittyxCrusaderXx

xXKittyxCrusaderXx Member

Sadness is the memories that fade. While scars left laid bare.
    Worn and torn hearts that fare. The constant tides of sweeping emotion, slain in warfare.

7. Moonglow181

Sadness is disappointment and being jerked around....

Scratcho. this sentence of yours on the other thread just now,"If this kid IS jerkin' our chains---he has been suck--sessfull."

made me think of what i was going to post earlier here......When I first joined, I took every thread seriously...and offered support and comfort to those that seemed to need it....and now I don't take anything too seriously anymore or believe anything....which is sad...it is like the boy who cried wolf..........I walked into too many booby traps...of just lol threads or great fiction writers.....so not taking anything at face value or believing anything, and watching too many episodes of catfish...makes me not trust or believe in much of anyone in the internet, anymore....

That is sad. I like genuine and real people.....but it is hard to know who is that anymore here.

8. JustDenise

JustDenise Supporter HipForums Supporter

... is watching your mom die.

Attached Files:

9. Moonglow181

That is sad and i am very sorry you are going through this,. It is one of the hardest losses in life. I lost my mom in 2013........and it was way before her time.......so again, I understand how your sadness is.....Loss is very hard...and again, I am sorry for you and your mom.

1 person likes this.
  10. JustDenise

JustDenise Supporter HipForums Supporter

Thank you. Truly the hardest thing ever. She is in hospice and I just die a little inside every day watching it happen.

11. puggybear

puggybear stars may twinkle-but I shine!

REAL sadness is discovering the only chocolates left in the box are the coffee-flavoured ones.......sigh......

1 person likes this.
  12. Aerianne

Aerianne Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c3nScN89Klo

1 person likes this.
  13. Moonglow181

that was a sad song, Ari, but this one came next, after your video, so i listened to it again, too...... i think this was the first favorite song I ever had...and i would sit on my roof and listen to it over and over again and look out at the stars....
    I think if you look up the word sad in the dictionary, you will find my photo there..... :D

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mBCVEcjScTQ

1 person likes this.
  14. Aerianne

Last year, I found out that my high school sweetheart/former fiance had passed away in 2005.

We were young and had five different adults pushing their agendas on us. Finally, they cracked us and we cancelled our wedding.

A few months later he asked me to get back together with him but my pride was too wounded after returning shower gifts, wedding dress, etc. I told him that he'd blown it when he didn't marry me the first time.

We stayed friendly for several years and I saw him often because he was friends with my brother.

The last time I saw him was in 1982 - 4 years after our break up - when he came to visit with my brother. I was married and they came to see my new born son.

I thought about him throughout the years but did not know he had passed away.

I finally wrote to his brother and asked about the circumstances of his death.

As it turns out, he never married anyone after that. He died alone just before his 47th birthday. His body was discovered by police after he missed work for several days.

It makes me sad.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZvazuyF6eXw

15. Moonglow181

That is sad, Aeri. I was sad and sorry to read that. :(

i don't know it I cry to these 10 songs, but interesting selection....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wESuMyTv8sQ

16. Aerianne

I'm not listening!

In fact I'm doing some affirmations about my happiness.

17. Moonglow181

The songs are poignant, yes.....but they did not make me cry...I think the saddest was Eric Clapton's, as it was so personal to him and his tragedy....

I was going to play World Without Love last night by Peter and Gordon but decided against it....
    The song was was going though my head while jogging the dogs last night.
    Today and tonight no songs are really in my head....

18. Moonglow181

Mankind's arrogance and insatiable appetite to think he is entitled to rape the land of flora and fauna.
    When does it stop?

19. Aerianne

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OlAOujOu6y0

20. Aerianne

More Moody Blues for you Moonie.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N_J-hmyAS6c