18 replies to this topic

#1 JamesMorbid

JamesMorbid

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 43 posts
  • LocationPenSUCKola Fl

Posted November 05 2015 - 10:00 PM

Im tired of this modern world man.. I HATE cars, I HATE roads, I HATE the excess of houses and people EVERYWHERE clogging up nature and the world with their ignorance, indifference, and pollution. Im sick of doctors ESPECIALLY the mental ones telling people that everything is "a condition". Im sick of being policed and having to watch what i do so i dont get arrested. Im sick of being controlled. I HATE how they are basically forcing everyone to get a regular set hours job and consume their crap. ESPECIALLY WHEN THOSE "JOBS" WONT HIRE PEOPLE BASED ON THEIR APPEARANCE and for some goddamn reason noone accepts induviduality or spirituality as a reason to look unusual. I dont know how anyone else feels, but i would rather starve and die than change how i look. I do it for myself as part of my identity and i dont see a damn reason why i should have to change or justify my ways to ANYONE. I mean for fuck's sake there isnt even a piece of free land left i can go move to without having to pay taxes AND ALL OF THE WILD GAME HAS BEEN HUNTED TO NEAR EXTINCTION MAKING SURVIVAL DISMAL ANYWAY. WHERE IS THE FREEDOM?!? I want out of this bullshit...

Edited by JamesMorbid, November 05 2015 - 10:06 PM.

• Dude111 likes this

#2 I'minmyunderwear

I'minmyunderwear

voice of sexy

• PipPipPip
  • 38,950 posts

Posted November 06 2015 - 06:17 PM

I dont know how anyone else feels, but i would rather starve and die than change how i look.

nah, i'm really not that vain. 

• TheQuestNeverEnds likes this

#3 Cannabliss88

Cannabliss88

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 363 posts

Posted November 06 2015 - 06:28 PM

I agree with you.  These things frustrate me too.  You should google "hippie havens" to find places, usually college towns but not necessarily, where there still is a large presence of freespirited people.

Burlington Vt. is awesome for example and I'm sure lots of the west.

Also look into ecovillages.  I've been researching this and these people are living together for the common purpose of breaking free from this bullshit you describe.

Or save up and buy a camper van and travel the country.

Right now I just smoke weed to deal with it though ;)

Peace, Love and Light

Become the best version of yourself!

#4 JamesMorbid

JamesMorbid

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 43 posts
  • LocationPenSUCKola Fl

Posted November 06 2015 - 07:12 PM

nah, i'm really not that vain. 

Its not vanity. Im a-sexual so i dont care about what others think. I do it to identify with myself and my spirit. even if i cant see me, i feel its necessary for my wellbeing. If i cant explain why, then you dont need an explanation either

#5 JamesMorbid

JamesMorbid

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 43 posts
  • LocationPenSUCKola Fl

Posted November 06 2015 - 07:13 PM

I agree with you.  These things frustrate me too.  You should google "hippie havens" to find places, usually college towns but not necessarily, where there still is a large presence of freespirited people.

Burlington Vt. is awesome for example and I'm sure lots of the west.

Also look into ecovillages.  I've been researching this and these people are living together for the common purpose of breaking free from this bullshit you describe.

Or save up and buy a camper van and travel the country.

Right now I just smoke weed to deal with it though ;)

I have considered this... at the moment im writing novels from my home in hopes of gaining enough money to buy a self-sustaining ship or something where im not restricted by countries laws

#6 newbie-one

newbie-one

one with the newbiverse

• PipPipPip
  • 8,181 posts

Posted November 06 2015 - 07:19 PM

You might want to check out the rainbow family gatherings.  It won't have everything you are looking for, but probably at least some.

#7 Vanilla Gorilla

Vanilla Gorilla

Go Ape

• PipPipPip
  • 12,592 posts
  • LocationDown Under

Posted November 06 2015 - 11:52 PM

Yeah I hate cars nowadays

They all look the same, can't get excited about any new ones

Ones in the not too expensive to be ridiculous range anyway

#8 MeAgain

MeAgain

Dazed and Confused

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,234 posts
  • LocationDobbstown, Malaysia

Posted November 07 2015 - 04:24 AM

Buy a backpack and start hiking around the mountains. The Appalachian Trail in the east is over 2,000 miles long and you can restock at towns you'll pass by along the way. It'll take you about 6 months to complete. You'll meet lots of interesting people and it's an excellent way to get your head together.

For example, I once meet a troop of Austrian Aboriginals who only hiked the trail at night.

There's also the Pacific Crest Trail, Long Trail, Colorado Trail, and hundreds of others of various lengths and difficulties.

A panacea for the body and mind.

"Acclinis Falsis Animus Meliora Recusat"

(A mind that is charmed by false appearances refuses better things.)

~ Horace

#9 Meliai

Meliai

• PipPipPip
  • 11,998 posts

Posted November 07 2015 - 06:28 AM

I hear you. There are some good suggestions here. Backpacking and camping along the way is a pretty cheap way to exist , you just need money for supplies and food.

Cars really piss me off too, think of how advanced our public transportation system would be if they were never invented.

Faithless is he that says farewell when the road darkens ~Tolkien

#10 newbie-one

newbie-one

one with the newbiverse

• PipPipPip
  • 8,181 posts

Posted November 07 2015 - 11:12 AM

Buy a backpack and start hiking around the mountains. The Appalachian Trail in the east is over 2,000 miles long and you can restock at towns you'll pass by along the way. It'll take you about 6 months to complete. You'll meet lots of interesting people and it's an excellent way to get your head together.

For example, I once meet a troop of Austrian Aboriginals who only hiked the trail at night.

There's also the Pacific Crest Trail, Long Trail, Colorado Trail, and hundreds of others of various lengths and difficulties.

Spam for the national park service

Click to shop at Zamnesia