Parody Review Thread

Discussion in 'Writers Forum' started by Mountain Valley Wolf, Nov 3, 2015.

1. Mountain Valley Wolf

Mountain Valley Wolf Senior Member

One thing I occaisionally have a lot of fun writing is parody. And who doesn't like reading the Onion? Not to mention that a fair amount of truth gets shared through parody (For example, the fact that Donny and Marie Osmond, despite being brother and sister, insisted on having a shared dressing room, could not keep their hands off of each other, and more than once tapings of their show had to be stopped while Marie was secretly whisked off to have her brother's baby aborted. ...What, that's not factual? ...Your saying I just now made that up??? Ok, well, never mind that example then).

I started this thread so everyone who enjoys writing satire, or reviews, or wants to get that lucrative 6-digit income writing reviews for the New York Times (I mean, surely they pay a 6-digit income right?) has a place to share their reviews. So here it is, you can parody whatever you want in a review: movies, music, restaurants, art, society, your mother's sexual techniques.

Now, I can see what you are thinking, your wanting to say, 'MVW, that sounds great, anybody can start a parody review, but the problem is, how can I stop it? Let's say I start parodying the Mona Lisa, and three days later, with no sleep and not a bite to eat, I am still writing?

Well let me share some advice I found many years ago in a National Lampoon article on how to be an author. The writer said that if you don't know how to end your story, then just have everyone get run over by a truck.

To begin this thread, I will share a post I did at 3:00 am this morning, when I should have actually been working on my book. I parodied the Disney Movie, Frozen. And while it wasn't a review per se' it was written in a review style.

So there you have it----let's have fun. Then everyone got runover by a truck!

2. outhaboxx

outhaboxx Members

well you just ruined it for me, if i should ever see it i will undoubtedly be thinking "whips and chains".

1 person likes this.