Should I Take Lsd To Help With Depression?

Discussion in 'LSD - Acid Trips' started by dimkanumbawan, Nov 2, 2015.

1. dimkanumbawan

dimkanumbawan Members

Hi guys . so the story is this. Ive been coming into a pretty tough depression for the past 3 weeks. some days im ok and others i cant slow my mind up for the life of me. I am 27 years old, I have done lsd more than 10 times and i never had a bad trip . done mushrooms once. ketamine, mdma both a couple times as well. safe to say im well experienced. and al were positive experiences. not one complaint. currently i am licensed as a radiation therapist in the state of new york and im actively looking for work. This is my main goal for right now. My anxieties came from my gf breaking up with me and me blaming myself for it, feeling that my job search efforts arnt doing anything for me, and the lack of money in my pocket due to no job, and the fact that i gotta stop smoking weed because i have to remain clean because i will be drug tested. meanwhile all my friends around me smoke and it sucks to see and know that i cant smoke with them .

at the end of the day i know my anxieties arnt even remotely serious but they are getting to me and affecting my life now... like on a scale off 1-10. 1 being no depression and ten being max? id say im like at a 6.5 or something. still managable.

Thats the gist of my main issues. nothing too serious i guess but its getting to me. To the point that ive developed social anxiety and and cant function normally as i did before. meaning im wayy less social, dont know what to do or say, i feel like im making every mistake all the time, cant sleep well most nights, cant turn my brain off and cant relax, and lost motivation to do shit. yes it sounds serious and it is but i have not reached a full on depression. honestly It comes and goes throughout the day. and theres time when im more than less ok and times where its real tough. and i start thinking about everything at once, get very overwhelmed and dont know what to do. sometime feel like im standing still while people around me are making money, having girlfriends and relationships, are just plain having fun and i cannot.

my question goes like this. considering im an experienced tripper. would it or would it not be a good idea to take an acid trip?? i have a chance to go upstate with a wonderful group of friends this weekend and trip with them one of the days. Im confident i can make it through the trip and have a good time but i dont know what it will do to me in the long run. 2-3 weeks after and so on. my thinking is id trip to get out of this world and my mild depression face it, and get rid of it and come back to reality with a fresh start. thats my plan. spend time tripping with friends, as well as spend time alone and deal with my bullshit. so i would have both ends of the spectrum. My main worry is the fact that my brain has a lack of certain chemicals and that may change my trip in a way. and thats what i DO NOT KNOW. if im mildly depressed than that means my brain doesnt produce some chemicals ( seratonine, dopomine, among others) as it normally would right or wrong?? and how would the trip turn out to be because of it?? ( or is that bs) and given my mildly depressed state, what would do you guys think my result will be after the trip is over??

Im trying to use lsd to help me face my bullshit, UNDERSTAND it is bullshit and come back fresh into a new life and a new me. can it work? will it work? what do you think??

THANKS IN ADVANCE GUYS!!

id be tripping this saturday...

2. Aerianne

Aerianne Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

This isn't an answer to whether you should trip of not, but an observation.

You sound really self-focused right now.

Go volunteer somewhere and get your mind off yourself.

1 person likes this.
  3. dimkanumbawan

dimkanumbawan Members

Thank you and I agree with you. Its hard to get off of that at the moment. and idk how to do it. I need a job :) Ive been looking for work for so long and still nothing. idk what to do some days. any input in tripping or not? to get myself back on track?

4. Asmodean

Asmodean Slo motion rider

I would say no. Taking an lsd trip will most likely not help you to get rid of any depression. Also, there's a chance that these depressed feelings could give you a hell of a bad trip. Not necessarily though. If you are still tempted to do it (best reason imo would be for fun or the the trip itself, not to solve any depression) I would recommend a trip sitter and not do it completely on your own.

1 person likes this.
  5. BlackBillBlake

BlackBillBlake resigned HipForums Supporter

I'd say be careful. It may be better to do it only when you are in a more positive state. Your depression sounds to me like a reactive thing, not clinical depression.

edit:hit post button accidentally.

6. Mattekat

Mattekat Ice Queen of The North

I wouldn't say 10 good trips and no bad trips is an experienced tripper really. I don't think your first bad trip should be in the middle of a depression. There's a chance that won't happen but it could, and could make you spiral out more. Work on yourself first, then you will be mentally prepared if a bad trip does come.

7. guerillabedlam

guerillabedlam _|=|-|=|_

Given the particular setting you have mentioned, I wouldn't attempt to force the trip into a self-analytic excursion. I'd recommend if you do trip, which I see no reason why you shouldn't barring feeling uncomfortable/depressed when you get up there, that you attempt to just enjoy your time with your friends. Group dynamics can often change trips in ways you cannot really plot out before hand, so I wouldn't set out with particular intentions of overcoming your depression on such a trip. if you do happen to glean some insight into the situation, then consider that a bonus.

If you want to trip on LSD and work on the depression, probably a more intimate setting would be appropriate, in a comfortable environment, probably with a trip sitter.

8. dimkanumbawan

dimkanumbawan Members

hmm Thank you guys, Yes, i am a bit nervous about possibly tripping but im willing to accept that. i dont think i can be completely not nervous. there would be up to 5 trippers with me and some sober friends as well. It seems like the consensus is Dont do it in a setting and place like that. still thinking about it but looks like i shouldnt do it anymore. maybe in a more comfortable "easy going setting " would be a better and more revealing and valuable experience, with a trip sitter sitting right next to me. but the only trip sitter i can find to agree to this would be my cousins who have never tripped themselves. or id have to look harder and find someone else. dahm this kinda sucks. I still believe it can do some good for me, but now i dont know.

im 99.9% sure that i can drop acid and at that moment completely let go of everything and realize that Im "taken" for the next 6-7 hours. I always do. and my friends would be there to keep me n check all the way through. Thats the reason why im willing to drop. I just dont want something to go wrong AFTERi come down like weeks after or w.e.
    im also not sure if my current chemical imbalance will have an effect on the trip itself. ( although i can fully let go of everything soon as i drop a tab, and enjoy)

please give me more angles of approach and opinions. still trying to figure this shit out. is it even worth doing to try and get through this "reactive" depression?

9. dimkanumbawan

dimkanumbawan Members

@Blackbillblake your right it is more reactive than clinical. like I know when I land a full time job in my career it will be over lol. thats for sure. so nogo on the trip? even if i know i can completely "let go" soon as i drop?? and ill be around good people?

10. NoxiousGas

NoxiousGas Old Fart

Doesn't really sound that much like clinical depression, more like episodic anxiety coupled with bouts of depression. all perfectly normal for anyone going through the things you are.
    Personally I see no issue with it, assuming what you have reported concerning your prior experience is valid.
    depression in and of itself is no reason to NOT take LSD, remember it was used for over 25 years in therapy. The main consideration is to not do it alone if you are not 1000% certain of your own mental stability.
    I pretty much agree with GB, if going on a social outing, do it with that and fun in mind. If you want a more personal and introspective experience, than a quite setting with a trusted friend as a sitter is better.

If you are expertly versed in navigating your inner space, a dark quite room, headphones with appropriate music and solitude are the best therapeutically, IMHO.

and no, highly doubtful you have developed "social anxiety", more that you are merely per-occupied with your personal issues and that takes precedence over other more trivial shit.
    as someone who grew up with a mother clinically diagnosed as moderately to severely bi-polar, (6 suicide attempts) trust me, all you got going on are a few bumps in the road, and nothing to fret too much over.
    Your young, have skills and will find employment.

go with your friends, enjoy the psychedelics and company, your life is far from a tragedy.
    again, you sound perfectly normal to me.

11. BlackBillBlake

BlackBillBlake resigned HipForums Supporter

My guess is you'd probably be fine. If you find that issues come up, then you'll have to deal with them. But actually, that might be helpful for you.

It can happen that psychedelics can bring stuff out of the unconscious - buried traumas from childhood, or even birth. In facing this stuff, one can become clear of it, healing is a possibility.

But probably you'll rapidly move beyond day to day worries. Most likely, you have only a low level of un resolved issues or you'd have had worse problems than you report - and everyone has some issues.

I would agree with Noxious and GB that if you want a therapeutic type of trip where you try to focus on problems, it might be better to do it in a quiet setting with an experienced sitter.

If you decide to go ahead, do come back and let us all know how it goes.

12. Marshall Kohl

Marshall Kohl Members

I lost 3 friends of mine because of drugs ( they died ), and I am emotionally and mentally losing my SO because of drugs, too (amphetamins). Think.

13. Piney

Piney Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

do not............. it will magnify anxieties.

14. Asmodean

Asmodean Slo motion rider

Uhm, this thread is not about amphetamines. It's like posting about chocolate in a thread about vegetables. I'm sorry you lost people to drugs but was it really lsd or a similar kind of psychedelic? If not, there's probably a better thread to talk about it.

15. Mattekat

Some tips if you decide to do it, not near water and not above the first floor. If you aren't in the same mental state as usual, it will make it easier for your friends to watch you if the dangers are minimized. It is really up to you if you want to do it. If you feel 100% comfortable with the decision and your friends aren't pressuring you to join them at all then I think it's ok.

16. Meliai

Meliai Banned

I really don't see why not. Tripping is very cleansing and will help you refocus.

17. NoxiousGas

NoxiousGas Old Fart

c'mon, seriously????????

unless a person is taking a large dose, 300ugs or greater, there is little concern about heights or water.
    I've gone swimming in the ocean on a few occasions tripping and there is an entire mythos built around the California surf culture of the '70's, lot's of folks surfing while tripping on Orange Sunshine and Windowpane back then.
    Please stop feeding into hyperbole and exaggeration.
    most likely if taking 1-2 doses of what is commonly available, 99.99% of folks will have no problem figuring out heights or what water is.

maybe it's just me, but I've done lots of psychs including up to ~900ugs of LSD in one dose and never, ever lost my shit.

18. Mattekat

One of my friends broke his back falling 7 stories on a small dose of lsd and anot her friend of mine drowned so I'm always go to tell people that. If you have a problem with that you can go fuck yourself.

19. NoxiousGas

NoxiousGas Old Fart

I'm sorry to hear about such accidents, but are sure that it isn't coincidence and not causation?
    Was your friend who fell so high he was delusional and thought he could fly or was he acting out and doing something stupid like walking along a balcony railing or similar?

Falling while high on a substance does not automatically mean the substance was the cause.

I'm not trying to be an asshole, but 99% of the time LSD was not the causative agent in such accidents.

Did your friend who drown hit their head and get knocked out? That is understandable as depth perception can be effected and it may make it more difficult for someone to judge the depth of the water, especially if a dark bottom.

I know I sound like an insensitive ass, but the way you present it would be like me saying that because my friend smoked a cigarette before having an accident with a power saw that cost him half his hand, that smoking tobacco before using power tools is fraught with danger and should be avoided and further anyone who disagrees with me can go fuck themselves with 1/2" variable speed drill.

20. Mattekat

Yes he hit his head when jumping in and drowned, but it was a place he swam at regularly. A place we all knew not to dive into because it was too shallow. If he had been sober, it wouldn't have happened. And as for my friend who jumped from the balcony, I was with him. He was a very experienced tripper and is one of the most mentally stable confident people I know, but he was having a bad day that day. I saw something happen in his eyes, and it was definitely the drugs. He started babbling nonsense and then ran out onto the balcony and jumped off.

And I still maintain that if you have a problem with me warning of things I think are dangerous, then you can still go fuck yourself. I understand that most of the time these things don't happen, but why not minimize the risk in case you do end up being that 1%? Do all the drugs you want, I still do, but I'm a bit more cautious about my surroundings now.