Law Enforcement And The Black Attitude

Discussion in 'The Media' started by nudewalker, Oct 28, 2015.

1. Wizardofodd

Wizardofodd Senior Member

Without commenting on race, behavior in school, lawsuits, etc.....regardless of what happened leading up to the point of a physical altercation.....I think the officer overreacted. You don't need to go from talking to throwing someone across the room as the next step. I can think of a number of different ways that he could have removed her from the class without even breaking a sweat and he should be (and surely is) trained to know that too. In fact, he probably put himself at more risk of injury to himself.

I'm not in any way defending the student. I'm saying that if you work in a school and part of your job is physically handling students because the school staff isn't allowed to....the first move in your playbook is not throwing kids across the room.

And from the video....you can see where he grabbed her leg which resulted in the desk flipping over. That may not have been intentional, he may have been trying to pick her up, but it caused the desk to flip. It was after that moment....as the student is flipping backwards....that she appears to swing at him (and miss) but she may have been reacting involuntarily as the bodys natural reaction to being off balance is to attempt to balance itself.....or she may have been trying to hit him. Then she's on the ground where she should have been subdued but she wasn't. He picked her up and threw her and my understanding is that is why he was fired. It never should have got to that point to begin with.

(And I'll say respectfully and in advance of anyone questioning if I've ever been in the situation, etc.....yes, I have been and I've also trained a good number of people in the methods that I'm sure the officer is also trained in)

1 person likes this.
  2. Aerianne

Aerianne Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

Tell us what the move is, Wiz!

It's the Spock Vulcan Hold isn't it?

2 people like this.
  3. Wizardofodd

Wizardofodd Senior Member

The Jedi Mind Trick!! :)

4. deleted

deleted Visitor

its a cell phone/ not a gun, knife, time bomb, if the student dont want to learn. oh well, I cant see why a professional teacher cant teach around a person sitting there scrolling on their phone. student probably learns more about life on the phone than in class anyway.
    they dont make school appealing to anyone. take this and take that. who really give a flying shit how many hearts a worm has?

5. SpacemanSpiff

SpacemanSpiff Visitor

power

95% of teachers are power trippers...just like cops

the other 5% are absolutely awesome

1 person likes this.
  6. MeAgain

MeAgain Dazed & Confused Lifetime Supporter Super Moderator

Ever taught in a school?

7. MeAgain

You have a reference for that figure?

8. SpacemanSpiff

SpacemanSpiff Visitor

yes

it's called my life experience

1 person likes this.
  9. Logan 5

Logan 5 Confessed gynephile Lifetime Supporter

ANY motherfucker touch my kid like that and come morning that mofo's gonna be at room temperature with a broken mop handle shoved up his ass.

10. AceK

AceK Scientia Potentia Est

media loves to talk about how racist cops are when congress is quietly hoping to slip through laws impacting our privacy and security ... unnoticed by the public because no one cares.

11. scratcho

scratcho Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

Principal slapped me so hard, my ears rang. I smiled at the wrong time. No lasting effect----just remembered to act like I gave a shit about what
    I was being lectured about. Can't fight city hall, as it were.

12. MeAgain

I'd say we have a definite streak of anti-intellectual, pro anarchy, vigilante mentalities here at Hip Forums.

Spiff believes 95% of all teachers are power trippers, Orison thinks all students can do whatever they want in a classroom environment, Logan is going to sodomize the resource officer with a broken mop handle and then kill him, ace seems to think the media and Congress are colluding to slip in unnamed laws to take away our privacy and security, scratcho got smacked for smiling at the wrong time so gave up on education, and farmerdon thinks schools are comparable to prisons set up by the state to brainwash our children.

And we wonder what is going wrong with the good old U.S. of A. We vilify our police force our schools and teachers, the media (which is the watchdog of the government), and the government itself, without offering anything constructive and without offering any proof other than offhand remarks and innuendos.

Why not just close the schools, kill or "re-educate" the teachers and police, destroy the media, and eliminate the government?
    That seems to be what is being proposed.

1 person likes this.
  13. Aerianne

I don't think the schools look like prisons, at least here they don't, and I'm really glad there are officers in the schools. I feel my kids are better protected with a police officer there.

1 person likes this.
  14. Aerianne

When is the last time you were in a public school?

15. Meliai

Meliai Banned

I always had a good experience with school resource officers, but none of them were ever physical with students. Even when breaking up a fight my high school SRO managed to subdue both parties involved without resorting to violent force. I think school resource officers can be a good bridge between the community and the police force..problem here is this cop probably burned a few bridges by using unnecessary force.

Schools around here really do look like prisons. There is an instituionalized quality to schools now that I think leads to a lot of students feeling isolated and disconnected. I don't think it is fair to label any criticism of public school as anti intellectualism, as meagain just did. Rather the contrary, I think the majority of people who are critical of the public school system wish to see the system progress towards a better learning environment.

Personally speaking, I got a good bit out of public school and didn't have a problem with it, but I came from a good home environment and I was always in advanced classes so I had access to the best teachers. I also saw too many kids come from bad homes and then come to school and attend classes taught by jaded teachers who were basically there to collect a paycheck. Kids like this, and I suspect the girl in question is one, slip through the cracks because they're not getting any encouragemt at home or school.

16. Aerianne

In what way?

17. MeAgain

Well, in my 34 years I've seen plenty of "excessive force" used by students, teachers, police, and administrators.
    Until you're in a given situation you don't know what's going to happen.

Schools look like prisons to many for a number of reasons, they must be secure against armed assault, bombings, fire, and natural forces. Some schools have automatic magnetic doors that shut and seal the building into secure sections in case of fire, some use metal detectors to try to keep guns out of the building. Some have camera systems so that evidence of destruction, assaults, etc,. can be recorded for later reference.

Some have secure parking lots because of vandalism to student and teacher vehicles, I know of teachers and students who have had their cars broken into, tires slashed, and have even seen vehicles that have been rammed by other vehicles.

And I'll repeat I've worked in some of the worse and some of the best schools in the nation.
    Unless you get involved in what really goes on in our school systems today, you have no idea what it's like...none.

Police are in our schools now because the students are getting out of control and they are backed up by a society that is increasingly only interested in what they can get and their rights. Not the rights of others...their rights only.
    Was this girl interested in other's rights...or her own????

1 person likes this.
  18. Aerianne

So your game is to try to be nasty to me?

For what reason, Don?

19. Aerianne

If you think I ever play the victim, you do not know me.

1 person likes this.
  20. Aerianne

It amazes me that people will avail themselves of free education and then be so critical of the way it's given to them.

Educate your children at home if it so pains you.

If you send your child to public school, become an educator, administrator, or volunteer.

You can't sit on your ass an complain expecting positive change.

4 people like this.
  21. Aerianne

Way to sound like an idiot, Don.

22. Aerianne

You don't have an argument, Don. If you did you'd present it without turning critical of me.

23. Karen_J

Karen_J Visitor

It's been quite a few years since I was in public school, but I remember it being very much like a prison, except that the inmates were in charge much of the time. So much violence, much of it racial. Black students were in the minority, but they ruled the school by intimidation. I hated every minute of it. Somehow, I got an education in spite of all that.

1 person likes this.