Law Enforcement And The Black Attitude

Discussion in 'The Media' started by nudewalker, Oct 28, 2015.

1. deleted

deleted Visitor

funny you say that, I was thinking this would be a bad ass move. if he didnt injure her.
    shes was obviously no threat to anyone and deserved no harm..

1 person likes this.
  2. Aerianne

Aerianne Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

How could the officer handcuff her if she didn't comply?

3. Meliai

Meliai Banned

I don't mean to be rude but I don't understand how this is a serious question. She is a 15 year old girl. Unarmed. Pretty much trapped in a school desk. I guess everyone will have their own interpretation of the video but from what I saw he approached her and flipped her out of her desk without attempting any other big bad cop moves first. Didn't even really give her a chance to physically resist him before he flipped her backwards.

If a school resource officer's first move in subduing a 15 year old girl is to flip her backwards and throw her several feet across a room he is very poorly trained. Forget being fired because he didn't follow procedure or because he used unnecessary force, if that is his only move he should be fired for being a shitty police officer.

1 person likes this.
  4. Aerianne

I see him attempting to take her arms, probably for handcuffing, and I see her resisting. I see her stand up, her feet kicking, and the desk turning over. I see her entangled in the desk and him dragging her out of that entanglement before subduing her on the floor.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g1xrAQZ4DDs

5. SpacemanSpiff

SpacemanSpiff Visitor

6. Aerianne

Yeah, she hits at his face with her right hand.

And what the fuck is a "drag doll"?

7. hotwater

hotwater Senior Member Lifetime Supporter

You’re right we blacks don’t have any respect for authority. It would be easy to blame it on a small percentage of the population, but that’s too easy, No it’s all 45,000,000 of us. We don’t respect ourselves, so why should we respect authority, especially white authority. From our point of view, you have no right to tell us what to do. Didn’t you hear, the days of slavery are over, Jim Crow has passed us by, and Nat Turner lives [​IMG]

Hotwater

3 people like this.
  8. MeAgain

MeAgain Dazed & Confused Lifetime Supporter Super Moderator

Let me clarify that the op is wrong to state that most blacks have no respect for authority. I would sate that many young people of all types have a problem with respecting authority, especially in our school systems.

As far as the arrest statement, I got that from an interview with another student who was present who stated that the officer told her she was under arrest. Here's one source.

In this jurisdiction there is a statute against "Disturbing School". That is what she was being arrested for.

Obviously many of you have never been in street fight or had to subdue a person unwilling to submit to lawful authority. The dynamics of bodies in motion dictate how and what options you will have. I am not saying the situation could not have been handled better or that the officer may have been able to use less forceful action with this girl. I am saying that she broke the rules of the school, she refused to comply when asked several times, she defied a police officer, she resisted arrest, and she and only she is responsible for the officer having to take any action at all. She could have exited the classroom at any time on her own, no one would have touched her, no fight would have ensued.
    She's lucky that she or the officer was not seriously injured in this altercation.

As far not being allowed to touch her at all......I'm so tired of that line.
    A police officer has to be called into a classroom because a student will not obey the classroom rules and school policy and refuses to leave the classroom thus disrupting the learning environment of the others. A police officer has to be called because the teacher is not allowed to touch the student and the student will not leave and so the teacher has no power left to him to bring order to his classroom. So now we have to escalate the situation from a simple misbehavior in the classroom to a legal matter involving the police.
    When the police arrive the student still will not obey classroom or school policy and still will not exit the classroom on her own.

After being asked nicely by the teacher to put away her phone, after being told to put away her phone by the teacher, after being asked to leave the room by the teacher, after being told to leave the room by the teacher, after being told to leave the room by an administrator, after being asked to leave the room by the police officer and told she will be removed if she doesn't, she refuses to comply with a police request, she resists an arrest by the police officer when he is forced to remove her from the room, as she will not exit on her own, and the officer subdues her.

When we still had loco parentis in the classroom and teachers were allowed to discipline their students, this matter would have been handled at the elementary school level as all students would have learned at a very early age that school is a respectful learning environment, teachers would have been held in high regard in the society and the few problem students who exhibited this type of behavior at a high school or middle school level would have been expelled, not coddled and held up as the victim in situations such as this.

She should be made an example of what happens when you disrupt the learning of others.
    I also believe one of the videos shows that either the teacher or administrator was black as I think I saw a black adult in the classroom.

9. Meliai

Meliai Banned

MeAgain, you were an educator right?

When I was in elementary school I went to a small school and it was wonderful. My dad died when I was 7 and all the second grade teachers came to his funeral. I was pulled out of class several times a week to speak to a counselor for months. My elementary school fed into a larger middle and high school and I never saw this kind of personal attention again.

I keep coming back to the fact that she was a recent orphan in foster care, a child dealing with a real crisis. I just wonder how the school addressed this. Maybe I'm mixing you up with someone else but if you were indeed an educator I was wondering your thoughts on this.

10. rjhangover

rjhangover Senior Member

So here it is....told you so...

“It’s troubling that in our society today students think that inside a school they can put their hands on each other and teachers as well,” said Jonathan Hodges, a veteran school board member. “I went online trying to find this video and I found numerous videos of teachers being attacked by their students.”
    http://www.northjersey.com/towns/paterson/paterson-freshman-charged-with-assault-after-classroom-attack-on-teacher-1.1239201

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bj3Czhb6II0&feature=youtu.be

11. deleted

deleted Visitor

keep pigs out of our schools
    they are not prisons or are they?

1 person likes this.
  12. r0llinstoned

r0llinstoned Gute Nacht, süßer Prinz

wendy williams was talking about that school incident on her talk show and i had the unpleasent eperience of having to watch it. shes so full of shit

13. rjhangover

rjhangover Senior Member

Schools are the indoctrination of being programmed into society....remember having to "pledge elegance to the flag"?
    Conform and be assimilated...resistance is futile.... police are just part of the Borg...if you have a job, so are you....

14. NoxiousGas

NoxiousGas Old Fart

:dizzy2:

15. Meliai

Meliai Banned

16. MeAgain

Yes I was a secondary teacher for over 34 years.

I think it's wonderful that you got that attention. But as you mature you will find that personal attention on that level is much harder to supply and much harder to come by. Did the girl in that video have problems? Obviously, but will her problems be helped by allowing her to act in a manner that denies others' rights?

17. MeAgain

Why do we now have armed police in our schools?

Because we are afraid of student violence involving guns and other weapons and we have decided we need someone with a gun in the buildings.
    Because we have stripped teachers and administrators of the ability to discipline students so that meaningful learning can take place.
    Because teachers and administrators are fearful of loosing their jobs and/or being sued if they touch a student.

And now we will put the police in the same position. Witness that this guy lost his job and may face court action. Do you think other resource officers will not notice that and fail to act in the future?

I belonged to the Union, and still do. At times we would have a Union lawyer in to discuss school law. We were always told, never touch a student for any reason, never touch their hand in an art class, never touch them in a gym class, never hug them.....you could find yourself in a lawsuit.
    Never break up a fight between students, call an administrator, otherwise you may face a lawsuit. Of course if you fail to take action....you may face a law suit.
    Never be alone with any student of any gender.
    Never comment on a student's attire, especially a girl's, as you may face a sexual misconduct suit.

Shall I go on?...I can give you many personal accounts of what really goes on in public schools and why I think this girl is totally in the wrong.

And Orison, I taught in the Pittsburgh public school system, Perry High to be exact, they had armed guards back in 1974, riots in the halls and knife fights in the girl's lavs. Nice working and learning environment.

3 people like this.
  18. rjhangover

rjhangover Senior Member

Better that kids are disciplined before they are out of school and end up in prison. Firing the cop sends the message that they can get away with disobeying authority, which WILL lead them to prison.

19. Aerianne

This happened Tuesday not far from my house.

"The young man approached the campus supervisor, removed his jacket, took a defensive stance, got into his face and then actually poked him in the stomach,"

The student was arrested.

http://www.fox5dc.com/news/national/40482388-story

20. MeAgain

So more unnecessary court time for a young man who thought it was okay to punch an adult professional educator in the stomach because he was disciplined for swearing at the same man.