Breaking Up With A Friend Tonight

Discussion in 'The Whiners' started by FireflyInTheDark, Oct 26, 2015.

1. FireflyInTheDark

FireflyInTheDark Sell-out with a Heart of Gold

My heart won't stop pounding. Damn my social anxiety all to hell. I do fine for weeks and then this person always derails me. Time to end this one for good. He's not changing my mind this time. It's happening. Here's hoping I don't throw up on his shoes or pass out in the yard.

Wish me luck... :unsure:

2. newbie-one

newbie-one one with the newbiverse

Well, good luck then.

If a person is really worthy of your respect, breaking things off face-to-face is a nice courtesy.

If someone is toxic, you don't owe that to them. Communication of notice to stay away is sufficient. Restraining order could be useful too.

3. FireflyInTheDark

It's a little more complicated than that. He used to be toxic, so that even though he is no longer behaving in a toxic way, and has grown immensely, we still do not get along, and the baggage of the past is too much. As such, it remains toxic on my end, even though he is technically doing nothing to me. So while yes, it's his fault, this is not in reaction to anything he is doing now. I just wasn't strong enough to end things sooner. I will not be making that mistake again, because now it's reeeeeeally fuckin awkward that I'm going to be like "so you're literally doing nothing wrong, but bye."

That said, I'm still justified. If I have to resort to "because I said so," I will. My convictions are strong this time. If only the heart palpitations would stop, damn it...

1 person likes this.
  4. Aerianne

Aerianne Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

I feel you.

It'd be easier to not do it face to face.

I couldn't do it face to face because, while it was good for me, the love was too deep.

Maybe if you don't have that problem then you can do it face to face.

Good luck.

1 person likes this.
  5. Moonglow181

Moonglow181 Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

If the shoe doesn't fit for you, no sense in keeping it.

1 person likes this.
  6. FireflyInTheDark

I did the thing. I know I won't regret it in time but right now I feel like a sack of shit. I really hurt him. I hope I didn't hurt him more than I needed to, though. He kind of shut down. I feel like I'm going to get drunk/angry/guilt-tripping text messages any minute, but maybe not. Maybe he will see in time that this was best for both of us. But I can't deny its benefiting me more... I feel so unbelievably guilty even though I know I did the right thing. Fuck.