What Makes Marriages End?

Discussion in 'True Love' started by ezm8, Oct 25, 2015.

1. YouFreeMe

YouFreeMe Visitor

Marriage seems like a lot of baggage. I get it, for social or traditional reasons, but once you drop those. Not sure.

What makes a marriage end? It probably shouldn't have started to begin with, for a variety of reasons, but the people or one person involved felt some sort of outside pressure to commit.

2. morrow

morrow Visitor

Because your a lovely guy, you love your wife, your loyal, you care for her!

Why Would it ever end!

Oh yes, and your partner's..

1 person likes this.
  3. gingeroot

gingeroot Members

Statistically?

Bored Women.

4. Lvlygrl

Lvlygrl Members

NO SEX

The Shark and PeterF like this.
  5. Rots in hell

Rots in hell Senior Member

Its complicated !

6. JoeyM51

JoeyM51 Currently locked in chastity for the last 4 years.

7. Eavesdrop

Eavesdrop Member

The people I know who get divorced are almost all younger than 50 and leave their current spouse for someone they've been cheating on them with who is usually either younger and better looking or has more money.

8. Moonglow181

Moonglow181 Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

From what I have observed.....^...that is certainly true for many people, so other people, put simply...and therefore,that is superficial reasonings, imo.....From my own experiences, with just relationships with people in general, ...I think not being on the same page with important things causes rift and division.....and not really caring about the other person enough to rise above all of, that does.....Also, it is important to genuinely LIKE someone.

9. Adamskiffle

Adamskiffle Members

Poor communication....PC increases the probability that you'll end up married to someone you thought you knew but really didn't + when shit goes pear PC can really exacerbate things.

10. patmandu22

patmandu22 Guest

Husbands that don't obey their wives.

11. iriegnome

iriegnome Member

For me, IMHO, none of the general catagories fit for my divorce. She cheated. 100% the reason the marriage failed. I did not cheat and got blamed for causing her to cheat.
    Don't ask me why?? I have no clue how that all worked. However, I stayed true and she did not. Pretty much about it. For me, 100% honesty, don't cheat. Kind of important things to keep a marriage together

12. newbie-one

newbie-one one with the newbiverse

There's really no such thing as "causing" someone to cheat.

In principle, you might have done something that made her unhappy, but in that case she should have either tried to work things out with you or leave, not cheat

1 person likes this.
  13. Deidre

Deidre Visitor

If I had to guess, and from the people I know who have gone through divorces, many people have unreasonable expectations of marriage going in. I think that a lot of people feel that another person should ''make'' them happy, and fulfill every desire and fantasy, and it's just not realistic to think that a relationship should do that. No one is responsible for your happiness but you. Cheating, etc are all symptoms of larger problems to me, and not the main issue. The main issue is probably still coming from unrealistic expectations of marriage, in general.

14. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

I make marriages end. ;)

15. Kimmiescock

Kimmiescock Members

People are too quick to grab the marriage reins and throw that word "LOVE" around way too freely these days. Everyone thinks they have to rush things to their apparent end and end up making mistakes on top of mistakes. How long does it take to R:EALLY get to know a person? You wouldn't enter into a contract with any other aspect in life without first finding out everything there is to know about it. People who buy a preowned car do more research than they do when getting married. Previous owners, milage habits, mpg, what kind of maintenance, has it been driven to the ground , highway or city miles? I once heard someone liken marriage to owning a boiat. The two happiest days are the day you buy it and the day you sell it.

Toker and 6Sailor9 like this.
  16. Kimmiescock

Kimmiescock Members

The thing is some guys are just better at sailing your boat than you are and can borrow it or take it away if you're not able to maintain it properly.

6Sailor9 likes this.
  17. 6Sailor9

6Sailor9 Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

Sailor confirms!! ;-)

18. KDaddy23

KDaddy23 Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

A repeated lack of communication and sometimes, you just grow apart. And, yeah, if you don't take care of your man/woman, someone else can and will.

6Sailor9 likes this.
  19. Piobaire

Piobaire Village Idiot

No one crosses the same river twice.
    As water flows, it's no longer the same river.
    As people grow, they're no longer the same person.
    Marriages (like all things) end because all things are empty, dependently arising, and impermanent.
    A marriage, like any other phenomena, is empty; it has no reality independent of the causes and conditions which gave rise to it and upon which it depends. As causes and conditions change, so do the phenomena which they give rise to and support. When those causes and conditions cease to exist, so do their dependent phenomena. Nothing lasts forever.
    When a couple marries, in that time and place and under those causes and conditions, marriage might have been exactly the right thing to do then.
    Time passes; people change. As people and circumstances change, going their separate ways might also be exactly the right thing to do now.
    We suffer not because the relationship ended, we suffer because we demanded that dynamic and endlessly changing people and circumstance stay exactly the same, static; we clung to a fixed image in our mind; a delusion. The universe doesn't work that way. Nothing stays the same. Everything changes.

Last edited: Dec 24, 2023
    newbie-one likes this.
  20. straightma1e

straightma1e Members

Marriages end for many reasons. One is the love that was there at one time faded. Faded enough that both partners want to move on with their lives. Many fail over sexual issues. Cheating, lack of, unable to keep the spark alive, and loss of compassion. Another is lack of honesty in the relationship. That ties in with a lot of the sexual issues. But other issues also rise such as finances, child rearing, family interference, inability or desire to stay healthy or clean, lack of attention , and death. There's plenty of other reasons but I think I've covered the major ones.

6Sailor9 likes this.