I Just *looooove* Winter.

Discussion in 'The Whiners' started by Terrapin2190, Oct 17, 2015.

1. Mattekat

Mattekat Ice Queen of The North

Well it's true I am no snow bunny. Winter makes me disgruntled.

1 person likes this.
  2. deleted

deleted Visitor

Winters not the same without my Siberian Husky.. :(

3. Mattekat

Also I don't live in vancouver, I live in ottawa. Vancouver is much warmer, but I was there for the summer and it was gorgeous!

4. Karen_J

Karen_J Visitor

You just want to make sure you always wear panties in that situation. Let's just say that every flying insect on the planet seems to be male, if you catch my drift.

5. Lucy Goosey

Lucy Goosey Member

Here you go, high heeled trainers. WTF?

[​IMG]

I think liking winters has a lot to do with how it affects your day to day life. If you're the one out there shovelling it every day (sometimes 2 or 3 times a day!) and driving in the snow squalls and storms, maneuvering around 7 foot snowbanks, that's if you're lucky enough that your vehicle starts in the frigid temps, you're less likely to appreciate the snow and cold. I have a friend who loves winter. She lives in New York City in an apartment and takes the subway to work. Much easier to like under those circumstances!

6. expanse

expanse Supporters HipForums Supporter

Fall is my favorite time of year, but I really do like winter.

7. Moonglow181

Moonglow181 Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

Lucy, did your friend also tell you about the wind force fields whipping around and through the mazes of all of the tall buildings(tunnel wind is brutal), that can knock you out walking around in brutally cold New York winters?
    I love fall and winter, too, expanse...and we can get slammed here in upstate New York, too, where we are stuck and snow bound to this house unless we walk out and don;t get lost or swallowed up by the snow mountains.....while you are at it....but I think genetically i am more predisposed to colder climates, so i like it with all of the hell it can throw here at times....and it is beautiful to look at....i just feel sad for the homeless people and unhomed animals that freeze....and some of the other wildlife that have it rough, also...so I can be sad about it......as well.

8. Mattekat

My friend had a pair of those shoes, they looked super dumb.

And yeah shoveling snow is the worst. I only have a small path to deal with at my place right now thank god, but I used to have to do my parents double driveway. It was on a street corner too so the snow plows always dump every thing at the corner there... it also sucks when the car doors freeze shut. I don't drive though. I just get to wait outside for up to half an hour sometimes because ottawa busses are never on time if it snowed that day.

9. Mattekat

This made me think of vancouver. They have a terrible homeless problem because it's one of the only major cities where they can survive the winter outside, so they all travel that way.

1 person likes this.
  10. Lucy Goosey

Lucy Goosey Member

*Adds Expanse to whacko list*. May is my favourite month. Everything waking up and the whole summer ahead!

1 person likes this.
  11. expanse

I love spring too.

I need to see green most of the year, but I have to have a winter.

12. Mattekat

May is the best month. I'm biased though, my birthday is in may. Springs is my favourite season regardless, since it means winter is over.

13. Lucy Goosey

Lucy Goosey Member

She lives right near the subway. It's steps from her apartment to the subway and steps to work from there. I'm sure she doesn't go strolling on the windy days. lol You can choose when to go for walks, you can't choose when to shovel the snow. We get brutal winds here too near the lake. And it's hard to get out there in the weather. I'm not driving at the moment either Mattkat, and transit in this town sucks too. Even walking is hard because it gets incredibly icy here. Give me summer any day.

Fall has pretty colours, but I hate the short days. And there's always that dreaded winter looming just ahead!

14. Lucy Goosey

Lucy Goosey Member

Winter in December would be quite sufficient. :-D I think that's it too, we have such loooong winters.

15. expanse

The winters here in Kentucky aren't nearly as bad as how yours sound. We do get ice, and rarely a couple of feet of snow, but normally it's not bad.

16. I'minmyunderwear

I'minmyunderwear Newbie

i forgot about spring. that season's actually worse than winter. i'll take snow over sloppy mud any day. both are alright in moderation, but winter is snow without moderation, and spring is 3 straight months of muck.

17. Karen_J

Karen_J Visitor

Ice storms are the worst! Power outages, spoiled food, no heat, and tree damage. We get more ice than snow, here east of the mountains.

I lived in the NC mountains for a few years, where the snow stays on the ground long enough to get nasty, and it's cold enough that you have to scrape your windshield every time you turn your car off for a few minutes to go in somewhere. My patience with all that ran out sometime in the middle of my first February up there.

18. Mattekat

We only evr had one really bad ice storm. I was a kid but everyone around here still remembers it. Half the city's power went out, some of it for days. And everything was shut down for about 2 weeks because the roads were completely iced over and trees were down everywhere. I thought it was awesome because I didn't have to go to school though.

19. expanse

I've seen that a few times here. Once in the 80s, and a couple of times since. The last time, power to our house was out for a week. We had 2 fireplaces, so it wasn't too bad for us. A lot of people weren't so lucky.

20. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

Am I going to encounter and freak ice storms then? I'm a touch worried now that I am not packing for this trip with proper seasonal clothes. :d

Tags: