I Just *looooove* Winter.

Discussion in 'The Whiners' started by Terrapin2190, Oct 17, 2015.

1. Terrapin2190

Terrapin2190 I am nature.

Winter is inbound. And with that being said, this is a thread I created for all that loathe and despise the wretched holiday season and the many months of frigid lonely wasteland that are right around the corner. The time of year that turns everyone into messy little hermits, scurrying back and forth to the grocery store and back home again because frankly, it's just too damn cold to want to do anything else. The season where everyone gets the flu, and whoever is lucky enough not to tries to stick you with a flu shot so that you can join in unison with their sniffling, coughing, pockets full of tissues... that are later discarded onto the floor because once you finally do get home to a bit of warmth next to the fireplace... you just don't have the strength to get up out of that warm comfy recliner in order to properly discard all your thin, tiny, bacteria-absorbing ShamWows. And no matter how homely you become, no matter how many healthy fruits and veggies you decide to pack into your diet to boost your immune system... eventually, you have no choice but to join the ranks of all those moaning, shambling, snot nosed idiots.

But, you know what the best part of winter really is?

Waking up in the morning, taking in the crisp clean winter air, and sitting on a toilet seat that's 60 degrees colder than your bare ass.

Ahh... winter.

(Add sarcasm below.)

3 people like this.
  2. Justin_Hale

Justin_Hale ( •_•)⌐■-■ ...(⌐■_■)

Move to Phoenix. We only have two seasons around here, summer, and almost summer.

It's getting down to 90 degrees today. Brrrrr.

1 person likes this.
  3. Sleeping Caterpillar

Sleeping Caterpillar Members

4. SpacemanSpiff

SpacemanSpiff Visitor

[​IMG]

2 people like this.
  5. Karen_J

Karen_J Visitor

And how about all the great winter fashions? Us ladies get to cover up everything you want to see! Nothing sexier than a hot girl in a bulky winter coat, scarf, mittens, and boots, with a red nose.

The only good thing about winter is that we know something better follows it.

1 person likes this.
  6. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

Winter fashion is great for females. The knee high sheep skins, the tight printed thermo leggings. Their hair looks as black as coal and their lips are bright red like blood on the snow. Slap on a warm beanie, long hair flowing down and a coat that screams "what's she hiding?". If you don't get that, you're doing it wrong. ;)

I'm a winter girl. I love my brutally cold winters. Now I've lost lot of weight this year and now my polar bear coat has completely gone away I'm already feeling this winter chill deep inside my bones. I honestly feel like I'm alive in winter. When I walk my dog, or could get my horse to trudge through soft earth, there's nothing more beautiful than seeing the frozen earth, the alps covered in powder. The sky flicking purple and dark, watching the biting frost fall in the air

Soon our lakes and streams will freeze, snow will lay it's veil. And we must wait until the summer breeze when we can set our sails!

1 person likes this.
  7. Meliai

Meliai Banned

Winter isn't so bad but it is relatively mild here, we don't hAve to deal with much more than chilly temps. As for fashion, I like the way winter fashion looks but I hate how long it takes to get dressed. And I hate dry skin.

8. Tyrsonswood

Tyrsonswood Senior Moment Lifetime Supporter

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  9. Moonglow181

Moonglow181 Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

It is supposed to be frezing temps or lower here tonight, so my plants are safe and warm inside today now....and Minxy cat is already batting long leaves off...they got bigger this summer outside and i had to spray Minxy with a water gun to make my message heard to her loud and clear....! :D

10. newbie-one

newbie-one one with the newbiverse

I used to catch at least a couple of colds every winter. Since I started eating only cooked foods and having only foods and drinks served warm, I almost never get sick. Not eating any fruit or drinking fruit juice may have helped too.

I still don't like winter, but I don't mind it as much as I used to.

11. Blu3sLady

Blu3sLady Members

Winter sux large hairy goat balls. Anyone who says differently is plainly daft and not to be trusted and probably someone who puts long sticks on their feet and jumps off mountains. Yeah.. that's a sport. Tree mating... the painful sort. Ski THIS, ya bastidge. Give me the warm rum and leave me by the fire until spring.

1 person likes this.
  12. I'minmyunderwear

I'minmyunderwear Newbie

i don't mind women bundled up. it's cute in a different way. and i don't really have a problem with cold toilet seats either. i keep a space heater in my bathroom that i aim directly on myself whenever i'm in there for about 9 months of the year, so bathroom coldness is rarely an issue.

that said, i agree, winter should really not exist. cold weather and snow are alright for about one week each year, and then i'm over it. plus, part of my job is running sports leagues, and winter is basketball season. dealing with psychotic basketball players and parents is worse that any amount of bad weather.

13. Karen_J

Karen_J Visitor

Tight outfits that cover everything can be a good look, but not my favorite. In so many public places, there is no good place to put a coat, and it's too hot inside to wear it. I don't like driving in a bulky coat either. If I can park reasonably close, I'll dash in from the car without a coat, just so it won't be in the way for the whole time I'm there. The whole process is so annoying, compared to the relaxed convenience of summer. We have a lot of windy and wet days in winter too, sometimes for a week at a time. The dark gray sky is so depressing, and the wind destroys umbrellas. I just want to stay inside by the fireplace and wait for it to be over.

I think the Blue Ridge Mountains would look beautiful covered in snow, and our Jeep could surely handle it, but they close the damn gates on the Parkway and leave them closed all winter long! Same is true for the main road through the Great Smokies National Park. So many of my favorite wilderness places are absolutely off limits to the public for four or five months.

14. I'minmyunderwear

I'minmyunderwear Newbie

yeah, same here. i only wear my real heavy coat if i'm going to be outside for an extended period. most of the time, i just wear a hoodie, or at most an insulated sweatshirt that is still barely more than a sweatshirt and thus can be left on inside unless the heat is turned way up.

actually, even when i am going to spend some time outside, i've taken to wearing several layers lately rather than a bulky coat. it's still easier to move around in, and it's easier to shed one layer if it warms up a little rather that being stuck either being too hot or too cold. the last few years, i think i've only actually had to wear my bulky coat once or twice each winter.

15. Lucy Goosey

Lucy Goosey Member

Summer

[​IMG]

Winter

[​IMG]

Ugh, I don't even want to think about it. Wet and cold today. Where I used to live in southern Ontario, they're having snow squalls. There's more snow there in winter but here it's a lot icier. All the harder to maneuver in.

16. Asmodean

Asmodean Slo motion rider

I sincerely love winter. And even wintry outfits. At least here I notice everybody tries just as hard to look nice as in summer. You don't really need to show of some skin every season, and well, we can still do that once we're inside! About accentuating female figures, it can easily be done with the right outfits. I see it all the time.

Some people seem to hate winter because it is 'the holiday season'. Hey man, hate the holidays not the season!

1 person likes this.
  17. Mattekat

Mattekat Ice Queen of The North

Yeah none of those this would be warm enough here. It's more like sorrel boots that make your ladies size 9s look like men's size 13s because no sheepskin is waterproof enough for the slush. Tight thermo leggings hidden underneath baggy pants because your thighs will be numb 5 minutes into the walk otherwise and layers are necessary. Faces smushed under scarves, making lipstick impossible unless you want it smeared across your face. Long hair hidden under toques that are jammed down so far you can barely see and a coat that screams "Michelin man" or perhaps "giant rotund toddler". Now if you don't get that you don't have brutally cold winters.

I'd love to move to whatever magical tropical oasis you are from.

1 person likes this.
  18. Mattekat

Mattekat Ice Queen of The North

Oh yeah it snowed yesterday too.... *sob*

1 person likes this.
  19. Moonglow181

Moonglow181 Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

No snow here yet but I do love winter.

20. Asmodean

Asmodean Slo motion rider

The grim and frostbitten woods of the black forest? Not tropical but lots of magic :-D But yeah, you win when it comes to brutal cold :p

Tags: