So I Was On My Way To Work Yesterday Morning....

Discussion in 'Random Thoughts' started by Vanilla Gorilla, Oct 12, 2015.

1. Vanilla Gorilla

Vanilla Gorilla Go Ape

And there was this dude, must have been in his 60s or so out for his morning walk/jog, the full jogging outfit, $200 Nike-s, in one of the more exclusive areas of Sydney, headphones in...the usual

Then I look down, the other end of the headphones was attached to....he was carrying a CD discman thingy, wha wha wha what? I had to do a double take, LOLz

I remember those things, skipped everytime you move, batteries that last 1/2 hr, you have to carry them around like you are about to throw a discus in the olympics, although i used to use a backpack along with a bunch of CDs

It bugged me the rest of the day, why, why would you do that? What are mp3 players nowadays, $20 or who doesnt carry their phone around anyway?

Its still bugging me, was I marty mcfly for an hour and thrown back to the early 90s

I has to know, think I might go back to the same area sometime this week, try find him, ask him why? Why dude, why?

2. YouFreeMe

YouFreeMe Visitor

Maybe he's afraid of learning the technology. Who knows. Who cares? You do you, Walkman dude.

3. r0llinstoned

r0llinstoned Gute Nacht, süßer Prinz

Youre going to flip out when I tell you that I still use Myspace

4. newbie-one

newbie-one one with the newbiverse

Q:
    A:

1 person likes this.
  5. Gyro Gearloose

Gyro Gearloose Senior Member

Hello,

mp3 players shaped like a discman are all the rage now ;).

Regards
    Gyro

6. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

I remember... I used to say... "Nothing beats a discman"

>.>

7. themnax

themnax Senior Member

why not? i doubt the technophobe. but humans are just strange. only reason i ever take the damd phone with me is to use it as a clock.
    still haven't learned how to do anything with it. mostly because i don't see how to do so for free.
    that's why i stick to my computer at home for running any kind of interesting apps.
    i wouldn't know about dragging anything around with me to play cd's.
    the expensive jogging shoes, i think every one who buys them is more then a little nuts.
    but i guess that's just me, and what i've grown up with being comfortable and uncomfortable.

8. rollingalong

rollingalong Banned

is this a joke thread?....everyone knows Sydney has no exclusive areas....