Could Dc's Recent Legalization Accelerate Nationwide Mj Legalization?

Discussion in 'Cannabis and Marijuana' started by Fueled by Coffee, Oct 11, 2015.

1. 6-eyed shaman

6-eyed shaman Sock-eye salmon

Maybe this is just a hopeful and delusional thought. But since Washington DC recently legalized the plant for medical and recreational use, and since so many politicians live and work out of DC, is it probable that legal marijuana in DC could rapidly accelerate marijuana legalization all across the country?

Do you think it's possible that the politicians from prohibition states could actually witness the positive impacts of legal weed in Washington DC, and give in to the idea to push for legalization in their home states?

Just a thought.

2. I'minmyunderwear

I'minmyunderwear Newbie

i suppose it's not impossible.

but 1) politicians aren't really out and about in DC; they're in their private little rich person communities that have no correlation to the real world. and 2) politicians don't really give a fuck about the positive (or negative) impacts of anything on the general world at large. they do what the corporations funding them tell them to do, in the situations where they actually have the power to do anything themselves in the first place.

3. unfocusedanakin

unfocusedanakin The Archaic Revival Lifetime Supporter

Nationwide legalization is only a matter of time.

4. deleted

deleted Visitor

yeah, like 10yrs ..

5. Tyrsonswood

Tyrsonswood Senior Moment Lifetime Supporter

If I remember correctly DC's legalization means a home owner can grow their own. It's not to be sold and/or given away, personal use only. This means it's not a tax base so the politicians wouldn't give a shyt about it.

It does mean they (the politicians) can continue to smoke as they have all along and not get busted for it... Seriously though, I don't know what some of those guys have been smoking.

1 person likes this.
  6. Tyrsonswood

Tyrsonswood Senior Moment Lifetime Supporter

Figures... Probably not in my lifetime.

7. 6-eyed shaman

6-eyed shaman Sock-eye salmon

From the articles I've read, even though DC has made it legal, there is still 2 more years left to wait until they start selling it over the counter in stores. In Oregon the voters passed a measure to legalize it 11 months ago last November, yet the law did not come into effect until July, and they were not allowed to sell recreational bud in stores until this very month. It's still illegal to smoke it on public property though.