Transgenerational Biological Memory

Discussion in 'Science and Technology' started by Aerianne, Oct 8, 2015.

1. Aerianne

Aerianne Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

2. Aerianne

This could explain why some people have a fear or disgust for some kinds of people without having ever met them.

If a woman's grandmother was brutally raped then maybe her granddaughter is afraid of men or certain situations.

If a black person feels defensive around white people then maybe it's a genetic response handed down from a slave ancestor.

If a white person feels superior to other races, maybe it's genetically handed down from some pompous relative.

I think it's interesting.

I'm afraid of snakes for no reason of my own.

3. Still Kicking

Still Kicking Members

1 person likes this.
  4. Vanilla Gorilla

Vanilla Gorilla Go Ape

Same old tired cause and effect argument

And near impossible to hunt down the actual study but i assume they tried some kind of negative reinforcement alongside the 'smell' of cherry blossom with the mice, then later tested their offspring alongside a control group, correlated then came to a conclusion......lots wrong with that kind of method, identifying what 'smell' is, is one, since no one knows, the confidence of ruling out all other influences another

The idea that experiences after puberty somehow rewrite the DNA in your spermies in your nutsack....unlikely

More likely we are talking about some predisposition that was already there that correlates more than it should or is somehow communicated in a way unknown to researchers, changes in the smells the body emits can be environmental

Then there is what happens in 2nd rate universities across the world, someone working on a project exposing mice to cherry blossom arent the cream of the crop, doing medicine, law or physics...have to tweak the whole thing a little so it looks like a success...if they told the truth, and said, maybe there is something that correlates but we all arent smart enough rule out all reasons...then no funding next time

5. guerillabedlam

guerillabedlam _|=|-|=|_

Uhhh.. Bruh the study is linked in the article. But you got to pay to see the full study.

6. Aerianne

This came from Emory University, in Atlanta. Nothing second rate about them.
    http://www.emory.edu/home/about/points-pride/index.html

http://www.emory.edu/home/about/points-pride/breakthrough-research.html