Familial Nudity (Aka "the Naked House")

Discussion in 'Bare It! Nudism and Naturism' started by DougDD, Oct 6, 2015.

1. DougDD

DougDD Members

Ok, first things first...

I am not a creep.
    I'm not here to post sleazy fiction, I'm not looking for people to dump their inappropriate,impossible tall tales here. This is an actual interest of mine. I know that probably sounds strange and that red flags must be going up but this topic has vexed me in that as someone who does not come from a home where casual nudity among family was common (or a "naked house" as I will refer to it from here on out) I have a hard time differentiating comfort/closeness/confidence for abusive/damaging behavior.

What do HipForums users think of the subject?

Provided that we're not dealing with actual nudist/naturist families, is it appropriate for relatives to be seen naked at home?

Can a parent or child/sibling change clothes in front of others?..
    ...take a quick naked walk from bedroom to bathroom?
    ...sunbathe topless or naked by the pool?
    ...share bathroom space or bedrooms in the nude?

As long as there is no abuse going on, I think we all can agree that while it might not be our cup of tea the concept seems to promote a certain closeness and comfort.

My home was kind of cold growing up. When I dated girls who didn't think twice about walking out of their bedroom topless to fetch something from the living room where her family sat or would get out of bed totally naked when her sibling knocked on the door to borrow a cigarette lighter - it was kind of a shock.

I just don't know where the line is (Parents and children may sleep naked in their own beds but what about when kids come crawling in from a thunderstorm?) between something healthy and something unhealthy

I suppose evert family is different and it's unrealistic for there to be a universally agreed upon set of rules.

Even though its a debatable topic and there have been scientific studies on the effects of coming from a naked house, I apologize for any creepy feelings this thread causes.

djomalley and glennmw like this.
  2. Vanilla Gorilla

Vanilla Gorilla Go Ape

What do hipforumers think?

I think its horseshit.

For the fundamental reason; there is no way in hell you can ever be completely sure of whats actually going on in your childs head. Whether he/she will just go along with it either just to please the parent or avoid some kind of negative reinforcement that you may not even be aware of

As if the kids give a shit about it

Mysteron and Blu3sLady like this.
  3. meeses

meeses Member

It will happen at times when someone is seen (caught) naked in a home by a family member. I don't believe in parents sleeping naked while a child is in the same bed. Sexual arousal happens all the time while asleep and it sure is not appropriate for children. That being said, i don't think there's anything wrong with casual nudity as long as there's no sexual intent. Children will react differently to nudity if there were brought up seeing nudity as taboo,shame,offensive or improper. It's all about being comfortable in your own skin and we, as parents are mostly responsible for our children seeing nudity as taboo. My children seen me and my wife naked many times before (still today) and no one is offended. Nobody "parades" around naked in the house but seeing someone naked at my house isn't the end of the world.

NudistTed likes this.
  4. Blu3sLady

Blu3sLady Members

Oh my stars.. I'm agreeing with Vanilla.. Shock! :)

Once a child enters your life.... all bets are off. I don't give a rat's patootie about what's good for the parent. You bring another being into the world.. you become a parent... YOUR well-being has to take second place to what is best for the child. And there's no real way to know what is going on in that child's head.

Mysteron likes this.
  5. Mattekat

Mattekat Ice Queen of The North

If a kid climbs into bed between their parents at night and their dad gets a hard on in his sleep, I doubt it would matter much if the dad was wearing clothes. Either your dad's dick is poking you while he sleeps or it isnt.

1 person likes this.
  6. naturegirl1

naturegirl1 Member

Some pretty strong views! Truth is, it's all down to upbringing. If you were brought up in an environment where nudity was frowned upon, you will probably be just as hung up about it too!
    However, there is no accounting for a child's reaction. I was brought up in a really stuffy environment, my parents were practically Victorian in their attitude. Yet I rebelled!
    I married a Frenchman thirty odd years ago, we all know that in France, sex & nudity are almost a national pastime! I embraced naturism with my husband, when our children were born, we remained very relaxed about nudity, they grew up in a house were doors were not shut (except when we made love!), no one reached for a robe or towel when naked & someone walked in, we all sunbathed & swam nude when the opportunity arose. One of our sons made up his own mind when he no longer felt comfortable being naked around me or with me being naked around him. That was his decision, we respected that. The other son had no such qualms, even now when he & his partner come to stay he will walk into the bathroom & have a chat with me about something that may be troubling him. The fact that I am naked in the bath is simply not an issue. His girlfriend is starting to get as relaxed as he is now, which is fine by me.
    There is no right or wrong way with this matter, it's what you & those around you are comfortable with that matters.

7. mugface

mugface Member

I never understood this issue. If the stepdaughter is sick or wants to crawl in our bed (This is rare) she gets in on her mom's side. It would be odd for her to sleep on my side or in the middle.

8. nakedrhode

nakedrhode Member

My kids are all adults now but when they were younger one of them or more would often crawl into bed with mum and dad if ill . When there were thunder storms we didn't get much sleep because our bed was over crowded . Instead we sat and read them stories or watched a video until the storm subsided then put them back to bed . Sometimes it meant they didn't get to school the following day as we were all knackered from being up half the night .They were all raised nude and we all slept nude was never a problem.

joker69 and NudistTed like this.
  9. jonyoungau

jonyoungau Members

Loved to have a nude house some day. Sounds so relaxing and care free

10. NudistTed

NudistTed The Naked Man

Families have been sleeping naked and living naked with each other since the beginning of time. Religion and culture has thrown up taboos against it in some societies. Currently in 3rd world countries there are many societies where family and even community nudity is the norm. These societies have less sexual violence (rape, molestation, incest, etc) then our modern societies have. That said in many modern societies there are families that practice nudism and/or family nudity w/o any sexual violence. Its the norm for them. Those that do not come from these types of families often see nudity as SEXUAL or SEXUAL in nature. Its difficult for them to understand that nudity of itself isn't SEXUAL. They see men, dads, brothers, uncles as sexual predators. They often bring up sex as the motivating factor when it comes to family nudity. They picture the males and many adult women, as accomplices, in these families as taking advantage of both women and children. What they fail to see is that nudism in all its wonderful forms is just that, NUDISM and nothing else. If your religion or culture taught you to see nudity as sexual, then you are the one who NEEDS TO UNLEARN that behavior/view.

Last edited: Jul 14, 2019
  11. jonyoungau

jonyoungau Members

Did you grow up in a nudist family or more that nudity was just common place in your or your wifes home

12. quark

quark Parts Unknown

Fuck, I hope you’re joking.

When’s the last time you saw a man jiggle a waitresses tits in a family restaurant in the west?

It’s not even rare where I am. It’s almost an actual “thing”.

C’mon.

13. NudistTed

NudistTed The Naked Man

sounds like you had family issues with nudity when growing up.

14. NudistTed

NudistTed The Naked Man

what are you talking about? what I wrote has nothing to do with jiggling tits....understand what you read, do not read into what you read.

15. wilbert25

wilbert25 Members

I think its fine

16. Barry Mandelay

Barry Mandelay Banned

I was raised in an environment where accidental nudity happened and nothing was made of it. Now imagine my fathers surprise when he reaches under the covers to wake me for school after I decide to sleep in the nude. He got a handful of what he didn't expect. At the moment nothing was made of it. A parental talk ensued that evening that gave me the opportunity to voice my feelings. Explaining that I started sleeping nude because PJ's were wrapping me up and causing issues especially with my developing body was taken well. Advice and requests to not flaunt my choice regarding nudity were given and the subject was dropped.

Fast forward to my child rearing years and we treated our children the same. I have no idea if they participate in nudism today. I do know they all are doing a bang up job raising their children. The bottom line is set a good example that will last for generations to come.

NudistTed likes this.
  17. djomalley

djomalley Fanch King

Great article on the subject here...

An Expert Weighs in on Parental Nudity and Its Impact on Kids

Non-sexualized nudity can be great for child development. I live in Miami Beach and it’s very, very hot... There is nudity in my house on the regular. I didn’t grow up around a lot of nudity and I’ve had a lot of issues becoming comfortable with my body over the years... Needlessly, I might add, cuz my body be banging (just saying).

My son is 3 right now and I’ve noticed that he elects to wear clothes more often than he used to, but he is completely comfortable taking it all off. There have been a few instances when he is rough housing and he’ll kick or brush at my groin... But I always, always enforce the “this is our personal zone” rule and he goes right back to his childhood la la land. I believe that personal boundaries should be set and properly enforced... Every time. No exceptions.

I do become modest when there is even the slightest bit of growth down there... I normally cover up or turn away until it returns to flaccid. As far as sleeping naked, we do that too. If I get an erection in my sleep, so be it... I don’t want nudity and human bodies to be this big taboo thing... It’s all about what you're comfortable with... And those who choose to parent in the nude should always keep their child’s best interest in mind. Our bodies aren’t this big secret we need to protect at all costs and our genitals are more than sex factories. I don’t feel that there is anything wrong about my body but hell, we are still in a society where men can run around with their shirts off but women are arrested for it... Although that sexist bs is finally changing.

Just like the quote in the article...

"If [kids] grow up with a basic liking of their body, then they're going to feel better about themselves at the core.” I think nudity and teaching your children boundaries within the subject is paramount to that.

NudistTed likes this.
  18. teast394

teast394 Members

We are also in a hot climate and sleep naked. As far as erections go my kids see their own every day if not each other's so I'm not sure it would be a huge shock to see dad's, they know it happens especially in their sleep and i'm not sure underwear would make much difference.

djomalley and NudistTed like this.
  19. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

Lol.

SuzanneAU1977 likes this.
  20. If you got them to wear undies it would cover up and give them some privacy.
    Even if it were just some budgie smugglers they wore during the day and night.
    It wouldn't matter as people can't see your kids or even their father's anatomy in the public eye. They would see them in swimwear instead and think "ah they are having a swim in the pool."