What Did You Eat Today That Was Delicious?

Discussion in 'Random Thoughts' started by Pressed_Rat, Sep 28, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. soulcompromise

soulcompromise Member HipForums Supporter

Oatmeal with brown sugar, cream, and pecans.

1 person likes this.
  2. Mattekat

Mattekat Ice Queen of The North

I ordered Ethiopian food for dinner! I loooooove Ethiopian curries so I just got a mix veggie currie platter that just has a ton of different dollops of curries all over injera bread. I also got this beef dish that is almost raw cubes of beef in a herb and pepper sauce. I opted for the slightly cooked version over the completely raw one because the 30 minute drive for delivery made me nervous about getting raw beef. It's still so rare my boyfriend was disgusted and I got to eat it all though! So good!

Edit : wording

2 people like this.
  3. Meliai

Meliai Banned

Mmm recipe please for the blueberry banana bread! I have been buying blueberry banana bread for years at the farmers market but it is a little pricey for such a small amount and I decided today I would love to make my own!

4. Mattekat

1 person likes this.
  5. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

I made a BLT sammich. :)

1 person likes this.
  6. GLENGLEN

GLENGLEN Banned

On A Freezing Cold Day Here.........A Take-Out Of Sliced Pork And Roast Veges, All For $8-30......[​IMG]

Cheers Glen.

1 person likes this.
  7. Ashalicious

Ashalicious Senior Member

French fries and ice cream. I had a very bad belly ache afterwords.

8. Lucy Goosey

Lucy Goosey Member

I tried two more Quebec cheeses.

Le Moutier from Fromagerie de l'Abbaye Saint-Benoît. It's a cheese dairy run by Benedictine monks. Le Moutier is a firm goat's cheese. It has a very light flavour, with the distinct goat's cheese acidity to it. I found it a bit too dry and too light for my tastes.

[​IMG]

Tête À Papineau from Fromagerie Montebello. This one is a mild semi-soft cheese, very smooth and creamy. It has an herbal flavour that I really liked.

A bit of history on the cheese:

Its name comes from a Quebec expression, “Ça prend pas la tête à Papineau,” which roughly means “You don’t have to be a rocket scientist” (literally translates to "it doesn't take the head/mind of Papineau"). Louis-Joseph Papineau was a gifted orator and seen as a man of great intelligence. His manor that he built in 1850 in Montebello is shown on the package.

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  9. Mattekat

I had roast goat from a Caribbean restaurant last night and a big side of Haitian rice and plantains. Sooooooo good!

10. Mattekat

I went to dessertfest today! I had too many different things! I tried different chocolates, some pastries, truffles, mini donuts, macarons, gelato, sorbet, tiny Nutella pancakes, mango marshmallow slices, dessert wine, candy cocktails... everything but the drinks and marshmallow pieces were in tiny bite sized trial pieces, but I still ended up eating too much!

2 people like this.
  11. Ashalicious

I dipped a banana in natural peanut butter and made a show of eating it in front of my husband, who thought it was disgusting.

2 people like this.
  12. Lucy Goosey

Lucy Goosey Member

A dessert tasting! Now that sounds like a great idea!

Did they have ice wine? I know a lot of people find it cloying, but I love the stuff. Has to be chilled though and it's meant to be sipped not gulped. :-D

1 person likes this.
  13. Asmodean

Asmodean Slo motion rider

Must have been the peanut butter!

14. Mattekat

Yes they had several ice wines from ontario to try! We have the best here! My favourite was actually inniskilin which surprised me though, since their other wines suck imo.

15. Ashalicious

Exactly.

16. Piaf

Piaf Senior Member

17. Lucy Goosey

Lucy Goosey Member

I know, I miss that about Ontario! BC and Ontario are the big wine areas, Ontario for icewine. Apparently ice wine making in Quebec is a whole different ball game because there is a lot more snow than in the Niagara area in Ontario and the snow covers the vines and shields them so they don't get as much consistent cold, so the wine isn't as sweet. They have to cut the grapes off the vines and lay them on nets, otherwise the snow would snap the vines. Here in Quebec ice cider is the big thing. Same principle but with apples instead of grapes. I've yet to try it.

I like Inniskillin's Vidal icewine too. Pelee Island also makes a good Vidal icewine. I tried the Cabernet Franc icewine, but I prefer the whites for icewine. I went on the Niagara-on-the-Lake Wineries tour a while ago. That was fun. I got to sample a lot of ice wines which was nice considering how expensive it is.

1 person likes this.
  18. Reverand JC

Reverand JC Willy Fuckin' Wonka

Leftover Frito Pie!

C/S,
    Rev j

19. Heat

Heat Smile, it's contagious! :) Lifetime Supporter

Last night I was feeling lazy and ordered in Chinese food. I have ordered from the same place for 25 years and it was good. :)

20. RiderOnTheStorm2.0

RiderOnTheStorm2.0 Lizard Kween Lifetime Supporter

Attached Files:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.