What Game Did You Last Purchase?

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by audrey_the_endotherm, Sep 25, 2015.

1. audrey_the_endotherm

audrey_the_endotherm Members

So there are a few other threads that ask what your last purchase was. One in the movie forum, music forum, as well as a general last purchase thread. I believe we have enough gamers here to create one for the gaming forum. So here we go....

Here is my last game purchase. So much fun, I am having a blast attempting to create my own levels. It's so easy to get into and understand the mechanics of the game. If anyone else is playing this here, maybe we can share our creations?

[​IMG]

2 people like this.
  2. Asmodean

Asmodean Slo motion rider

I picked up Mafia 2 for the 360. 10 euros.

Before that I bought my first PS4 game, Tomb raider ....although I don't have a PS4 yet myself :p

3. jerry420

jerry420 Doctor of everything Lifetime Supporter

witcher 3: the wild hunt for ps4...worth every penny :)

4. GeorgeJetStoned

GeorgeJetStoned Odd Member

I picked up an antique Backgammon game at an old shop in Clifton Park. I found out that it runs even without electricity!!!!

5. Terrapin2190

Terrapin2190 I am nature.

I found The Sims 3 Starter Pack at Goodwill for $7 the other day :)

Been wanting to get it for a long time, but didn't want to pay $20-30 for the game.

Now I don't have a computer that will run it! :D

6. unfocusedanakin

unfocusedanakin The Archaic Revival Lifetime Supporter

Metro 2033 and Metro Last Light as a package on sale. I've never read the books and had never heard of it before. Apparently it's pretty popular.

7. Asmodean

It doesn't. You're probably tripping balls.

8. GeorgeJetStoned

GeorgeJetStoned Odd Member

I move the pieces with my mind. I'm psychotic after all!

9. Dude111

Dude111 An Awesome Dude HipForums Supporter

I last bought the game ALIENS (1986) (Commodore 64) that I found @ salvation army last year!!

A whole box of Disks came in and I couldnt believe how many there was!!!!!! -- I spent maybe 5 mins looking thru it and found the 1 game.... (I had someone waiting for me otherwise I would have done a MORE CLOSE look thru it)

I love my C64!!

10. audrey_the_endotherm

I love mail day, this beauty arrived for me today.

[​IMG]

11. Asmodean

Never heard of that game but reminds me of Brütal legend :D

12. audrey_the_endotherm

I am not sure how to define it, I guess it can be called a combat racing game. It's a lot of fun, and the music is fantastic.

13. pensfan13

pensfan13 Senior Member

my favorite and maybe only racing game I liked since Atari was destruction derby. damn that game was good.
    last purchase was the action pack which had sleeping dogs and tomb raider which I beat and am now playing just cause 2.

14. Asmodean

What did you think of that tomb raider after you finished it? Got all the optional tombs 'raided' already as well?

I liked a lot of race games, just for dropping in and play them at (or with) friends. So I rarely get them myself or play one from start to finish :p One with a little combat/destruction in them that we used to play a lot was Burn out 3 (which was impossible fast). It got old fast after we did all the crashes but it was fun while it lasted :-D

Same with the game I'm playing atm :D (Mafia 2). Didn't expect the radio music to be as great as in GTA but it is. From Frank Sinatra to Bo Diddley and Chuck Berry

Hey, didn't you got Bloodborne awhile ago? How is that game so far? It's around €60 here so I'm kind of doubting. It looks fun but it has to be great for that price :D

15. pensfan13

pensfan13 Senior Member

rambled a bit here just remember each new sentence is a new thought.

after I got halfway through the tomb raider game (actually after I got the retractable device from the big dude on the boat) I went back and started getting all the stuff I missed...well kind of, some of that shit was hard to find or should I say hard to get to. I got everything that I knew how to get without searching for hours. I always got the tombs and relics but after I went back to a few of the old camps my guns were near full strength and I was itching to finish the game so I stopped trying to get everything. mainly the only thing I missed was the gps drops but I cant say I got every tomb because I didn't go back to every camp. had to check youtube one time for the part with the bird cage that you have to jump on to reach the space above the door near the end of the game. I got up above the door but slid down to the ground and after 20 minutes I was like fuck this...it is time to beat this game. sometimes I thought they copied uncharted a lil too much but either way it is a great game and when I finish what I am in the middle of at home I may go back to it to finish getting everything.

1 person likes this.
  16. Asmodean

I thought there was some challenging action near the end :D Overall short but sweet.

I don't mind if games copy the good things from each other, but I'm a little biased here as a Indiana Jones kinda story and settings like Uncharted and (some) Tomb raider games do so well are what I've always digged a lot. So I'm just glad that both series are there :p

I've yet to start with any Uncharted though (as I don't buy every console) and I just took note of a good review about the brushed up PS4 rerelease I am strongly considering (yeps, we're getting on topic again :-D): seems especially the first one didn't age well. But as the first 3 come bundled I'll get to play them all anyway, especially looking forward to 2 and 3 but even the first as well!

17. audrey_the_endotherm

I never did get bloodborne, I was very much looking forward to it, but never purchased it. I will eventually get it, but I will now wait for a price drop. With fallout 4 coming soon, I can't imagine I will get bloodborne this year.

18. Asmodean

Yeah, with so much choice atm it make sense to let that one become cheaper. Although games like Witcher 3 are also still full price here I noticed (high on my priority list :)). But I can imagine I will have less fun with my new console if I spend my money on a game like Bloodborne which, let's be fair, is punishing difficult.
    Another consideration I'm having is that where it comes to games from this developer I might be better of getting the ps4 rerelease of Dark souls 2 first, so I won't get used to the better graphics from either Bloodborne or Dark souls 3 (not released until march, but also has my interest). This is also the reason why I will get the Uncharted box and a game like Sleeping dogs (and The last of us of course!) probably before january :) (I used to shit on brushed up rereleases btw, but I finally have use for some of them :p :D). One thing I am really sure of is that I will go with action/adventure and rpg like the Witcher and Fallout first, as I'm almost certain I won't get enough of these games in the short run (likely will take long breaks from Bloodborne and Dark souls :p).

19. jerry420

jerry420 Doctor of everything Lifetime Supporter

on the "brushed up releases"...

im finding its especially useful for those of us who didnt get to play certain ps3 exclusive titles last generation...as well as cross-platform games i never bought...if im gonna get a game from last gen that i didnt get to play, might as well buy the 1080p version :D

20. audrey_the_endotherm

With games like bloodborne, I find that I need to be in a certain mood to play it because of its punishing difficulty. Now that I am back in school, much of my gaming comes from giving myself a break between school work. Something like bloodborne which can be frustrating just doesn't fit well for me.