Clinton Or Sanders?

Discussion in 'Politics' started by skip, Sep 18, 2015.

?

Who would you prefer as Democratic Candidate for President in 2015?

1. Hillary Clinton

14 vote(s)
    18.4%
  2. Bernie Sanders

62 vote(s)
    81.6%
  1. Asmodean

Asmodean Slo motion rider

4 years is long enough anyway (although I hope he lives long and prosper :p). There should be enough capable people in your country to replace him.

Which makes me wonder: isn't it kind of unneeded in a republic/democracy to have some form of a dynasty. Like really, why the hell was there a father and son in the white house? Why do you guys need another Clinton to even make a chance to become president (not that i hate the first Cinton that became president)? Isn't it kind of dubious that in a country with so many people (even if it would mainly be the rich and educated) to have a person from the same family as your leader, when your country isn't a monarchy? :p I would be wary if the options are apparently this limited. Or is it just, partly, that people (voters) go with the familiar and think hey we already know that woman so why not get another Clinton...? Thoughts/opinion? :)

1 person likes this.
  2. scratcho

scratcho Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

They only put forth those that will continue the long con and that's why Bernie is valuable in the positions he takes. He's ACTUALLY thinking about and concerned about the shrinking middle class and the con itself. One person, one vote would upset the apple cart of the upper class and eliminate all this delegate BS. And of course--money out of elections would help.

3. WE1

WE1 Member

My main concern about Bernie Sanders is not if he wins the nomination, or not, because I already know the answer to that. But that he spreads his new found wealth in campaign contributions to help other Democrats after he loses the nomination. When recently asked if he will be providing financial assistance to other Democratic candidates Sanders replied, "we'll see." My sense is Bernie will not be assisting the DNC financially unless he wins the nomination.

Will Bernie Sanders prove to be a sore loser?

Probably. But, I hope I'm wrong.

4. AceK

AceK Scientia Potentia Est

real interest rates and nominal interests are not the same; nor are real wages and nominal wages the same; but governments (and corporations) do a fair job at deceiving people, exploiting what the people do not understand.

5. hotwater

hotwater Senior Member Lifetime Supporter

We’ve already seen how the stress of the Presidential office prematurely ages people, just imagine what it will do to Bernie after a couple of years

Hotwater

6. Moonglow181

Moonglow181 Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

And your point is what then?
    Maybe he should start digging his own grave now, eh?
    And you were asking about someone else being bitch of the year?
    Tell me, what is your point?
    Sanders has more hoot spa than most people.
    I swear.... Some of the comments around here and not just you....
    I wonder if having any kindness in some of you beings is all gone.
    I have never seen so much of the meanness concentrated in one place like this.
    What kind of evil games are some of you playing, anyway?

1 person likes this.
  7. hotwater

[SIZE=11pt]I’m just being practical[/SIZE]

[SIZE=11pt]Hotwater[/SIZE]

8. Moonglow181

See, here is the thing, hotwater, you are just being practical....is an infuriating statement about someone else's life.
    Do you really think mr. Sanders would go for a job if he did not think he could handle it.
    I have more faith in him than you do, I guess.
    It is fine to be practical about your own life but imo, it is arrogant to speak for someone else's.

Bernie has been in politics for a very long time. he knows about all of the inner workings. He knows what he is biting off. If he thought he was biting off more than he could chew, I doubt he would. He is a practical man with good intentions for the world...not just himself. this is what I truly believe.....

My only sadness comes from the fact that I don't think he is going to win the Democratic nomination, anyway. Hillary seems to have the sewn up, and I am angry with New York's projected electoral votes going to her on the 19th.

9. Asmodean

Asmodean Slo motion rider

Arguable.

10. 6-eyed shaman

6-eyed shaman Sock-eye salmon

Hillary and Trump are both less than a year from hitting 70. So yeah.

11. hotwater

I agree but the Bern fanatics won’t even entertain the possibility and quickly dismiss the argument.

Hotwater

12. Oh shit you're right. Maybe he's too old. Yep, better vote for corruption.

1 person likes this.
  13. WE1

WE1 Member

Bernie tells his supporters what they want to hear. Hillary tells her supporters what they need to hear.

14. hotwater

4/11/16 2 Hours ago,

Donald Trump and Hillary Clinton hold double-digit leads in New York and are poised to regain their footing in their home state’s primaries next Tuesday, a new Wall Street Journal/NBC News/Marist poll finds.

Mrs. Clinton maintains a 14-point lead in the Democratic contest, outpacing Vermont Sen. Bernie Sanders 55% to 41% among likely Democratic primary voters. The former secretary of state’s lead is built on strength among women, African-Americans and Democrats age 45 and older.

On the Republican side, Mr. Trump holds a 33-point lead over his closest rival, Ohio Gov. John Kasich, 54% to 21%, while Texas Sen. Ted Cruz trails both, as the top pick of 18% of likely Republican primary voters.

http://www.wsj.com/articles/donald-trump-hillary-clinton-hold-strong-leads-in-new-york-ahead-of-states-primary-1460408449

Hotwater

15. Moonglow181

Bernie is the first to campaign here tonight at Marist College. Already, there is excitement and electricity in the air since early this morning.....cars are overparked in the businesses around the college already...I feel psyched! This is awesome...He will be with Michael Stipe tonight, the lead singer from REM....If any other candidate would be here tonight, i would just shrug my shoulders and say..."That's nice...."....and put my head back in the sand....lol....but I am dancing around here like no one's business...Guess who i will be voting for next week?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yZp8k4kxfHo

4 people like this.
  16. AceK

Bernie I would hope.

1 person likes this.
  17. Meliai

Meliai Banned

Hillary has moved her stance consistentally to to the left this election cycle in a vain attempt to win Bernie's progressive voters.

And bernie has been saying the same stuff he has been saying for decades - literally, go back and look up old videos of him speaking. He doesnt pander to voters, he speaks his mind and it just so happens his thoughts align with a lot of young progressive voters

So you have it backwards dude

2 people like this.
  18. Moonglow181

and what do you think? of course, BERNIE SANDERS!!!!!

and REM also sings Man on the Moon...I hope New Yoirk would put bernie on the moon.....
    DAMN, i am going to be so angry if they don't,.....Bernie is the only choice, really, as far as I am concerned.

1 person likes this.
  19. WE1

WE1 Member

Hillary moved her campaign rhetoric to the left because the Democratic party is moving to the left. Bernie is weak on foreign policy and he panders to Vermont's gun nuts. His ideas and beliefs while commendable would never become law because they cost too much. Bernie is an idealist, so the young flock to him. But he has absolutely no idea how he will pay for his dreams - except by raising taxes. Bernie truly believes he can do many great things - but he forgets he needs Republican backing to do them.

Hillary knows she can't offer free college tuition and cut taxes, but she will expand Medicare and Medicaid during her presidency because her political platform is reality based. Bernie's political platform is campaign based and designed to inspire the imagination of young people.

Bernies had years to promote his beliefs in the senate - and they've never gotten off the ground because they cost too much.

Bernies a dreamer.

20. AceK

Hilary is a lying, cheating piece of shit person that will say what she thinks people want to hear to get elected. Bernie believe in what he believes in, and doesn't water it down with bullshit to grab more votes. So who do you think is more honest and trustworthy? Bernie Sanders of course.

2 people like this.