Incredible Edibles

Discussion in 'Cannabis and Marijuana' started by Mattekat, Sep 16, 2015.

1. Mattekat

Mattekat Ice Queen of The North

I'm in the middle of making a batch of cannabutter right now, so I thought I'd start this thread to discuss weed edibles. If you want to share how you make cannabutter, or your favourite recipes to cook with it, this is the place!

Right now I'm making cannabutter with 1lb of butter and just over 1.5 ounces of stem and shake. I'm using the double boiler method and will strain it with cheesecloth when I'm finished.

When it's finished I'll use it in place of butter in most recipes if I want to get really stoned. There aren't many recipes I don't like it in. I want to try making candies and ice cram with cannabutter next.

3 people like this.
  2. soulcompromise

soulcompromise Member HipForums Supporter

You'll always see me talking about edibles because I don't smoke, but have a prescription for medical marijuana. Interestingly enough I was looking for information on edibles on the old Erowid website this morning. Do edibles make you normal stoned or does it feel different than smoking? To me the edibles I've tried make me feel different than when I smoke (I should say used to smoke). But this different feeling could just be the edibles I'm getting, not the home-cooked variety. I've tried brownies before and they just made me feel all happy and stoned.

3. Mattekat

I do think edibles make me feel different than smoking weed does. Its a much more intense stoned feeling when I eat it. I have even had a couple of extremely potent edibles that I found to be similar to a vry low dose psychedelic. No visuals or anything, but a similar body buzz.

4. soulcompromise

soulcompromise Member HipForums Supporter

I think I must just have a low tolerance or something. Thanks for answering that, and enjoy your cooking!

5. unfocusedanakin

unfocusedanakin The Archaic Revival Lifetime Supporter

Eating THC is a different high then smoking. It can be a pretty intense high if you take enough.

6. rollingalong

rollingalong Banned

when you say ''shake'' are referring to trim from a harvest or powder from the bottom of weed you use?

7. Mattekat

I'm referring to some of both. I put in powder and less desirable leafy looking stuff at the bottom of my bag and my dealer/roommate donates some actual trim shake to me as well.

1 person likes this.
  8. Pieceofmyheart

Pieceofmyheart Grumpy old bitch HipForums Supporter

I just made some butta last weekend, and chocolate cookies. I really don't do edibles myself, this was for a sick friend. I froze them individually so he can get one whenever he wants. I used 1 stick of butter and 1/4 oz of ground herb. I never used a double boiler before? hhmmm

1 person likes this.
  9. Mattekat

The butter I made turned out pretty strong! I licked some off my fingers after squeezing out the cheesecloth, and then sopped up a few dregs left in the pot with a piece of bread when I was finished. I ended up being really stoned and then passing out. It was fairly late though so I know part of that was also tiredness.

I'm considering dropping a bit into my dinner tonight, but I probably will save most of it for the weekend to bake with.

10. Mattekat

Yesterday I made a delicious weedy breakfast. I made coconut banana pancakes and fried them in weed butter. I also made a mango caramel syrup with weed butter to go on top. It was delicious and knocked me on my ass!

11. Pieceofmyheart

Pieceofmyheart Grumpy old bitch HipForums Supporter

Oh....sounds yummy.

12. Mattekat

It's almost time for the outdoor weed harvest 'round these parts! That means I'll get a bag or 2 of shake soon to make more butter with! I am going to try the method that uses boiling water next.

13. Lynnbrown

Lynnbrown Firecracker

The only way I have ingested weed since May of 2012 is through edibles. Prior to that for DecadeS I smoked, which I loved dearly. For reasons I won't get into now, I don't smoke weed now...(I just had to get that in there)

I find smoking is a quite different high than what I feel with edibles...and even though the high is intense as all get out when eating and it seems to last forever, to be honest, I will always LOVE the high one gets from smoking.

I basically eat one kind of edibles - variations on the firecracker. I use ritz crackers and cashew butter and weed, wrapped up in aluminum foil OR I use nutella on graham crackers and weed wrapped up in aluminum foil. You can easily look up these receipes. :)

There are 2 reasons I haven't been interested in the canna butter thing...#1 - With the kind of weed and amount I am able to get hold of, I don't want to waste even a smidgen on butter...which the few times I made canna butter I ALWAYS felt I was losing some of my product... #2 - Its a lot of trouble to go through to then (most probably) lose some product (lol) and I want to know just how much weed I'm eating. Well, Its a lot more trouble than making firecrackers, I can assure you. :)

However, if I had dealer (roommate) connections that would just toss in some trim, powder, etc etc I might be more open to the canna butter thing. :D

With my firecrackers, I know I'm not going to lose even .0001 gram of product and I also know exactly how much I'm ingesting. I have eaten too much and thrown up...so, even though I do have a pretty fair tolerance, it is still possible for me to eat too much. The firecrackers help me know and regulate exactly how much I'm taking in.

Happy cooking! :)

1 person likes this.
  14. Mattekat

The highest I have ever been from weed was from a firecracker with just under a gram of exceptional bud in it, so I have to agree with you. My friend and I ate them and came up in a mall and we both just sort of shut down. It was amazing but a lot of people thought we were nuts because suddenly we couldn't function or speak. The other friend we were with got super pissed because he had to take us home.

The only reason I prefer cannabutter to firecrackers is because I don't really like eating all the plant matter. The taste is okay, but it's hard on my stomach for some reason. I also like that I can make the butter into whatever food I want.

1 person likes this.
  15. Lynnbrown

Lynnbrown Firecracker

^ LOL! I understand completely...a few times when the bff and I were out eating (her idea and treat) I got dang gobsmacked like BAM! all of a sudden after I had eaten 2 firecrackers. Since I was able to hold my head up, and eat, she never was aware of how monked up I was until I would tell her - she doesn't partake. She would just laugh, but we would have to stay there until I was able to stand up/had sobered up. :D

Fortunately (or not - lol) the green plant material isn't hard for my stomach whatsoever, and my taste buds do so LOVE some good bud. yay for little things huh :)

16. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

What are these "firecrackers" that you speak of? :)
    I think I need one. Or three.

17. Mattekat

You take some crackers and peanut butter (or any high fat content nut butter), grind up around a gram of weed as fine as you can, mix the weed into some peanut butter, make sandwiches with the crackers, wrap in tinfoil, and bake!

18. Mattekat

I mentioned this firecracker discussion to my roommate and she had no idea what they were! I explained it and your views on potency compared to cannabutter, and now she wants to try some and then eat some of her cannabutter the very next day as an experiment. She is really excited, and waiting for 2 days free in a row to do this. I will post her opinions here afterwards on potency. We are going to have to figure out how much butter has 1g of weed in it though. Math is not my friend.

1 person likes this.
  19. Lynnbrown

Lynnbrown Firecracker

Even if math IS your friend, it's still going to be hard to determine how much weed (actually THC) x amount of canna butter has, as opposed to how easy it is to see (and weigh) how much weed is in each cracker. At one point I tried to figure out how they compare THC wise - and I gave up. :p

If you do figure out a way to determine and compare the 2, I'll be very interested in hearing!

I also look forward to hearing out how your roomie's experiment goes. :D

20. deleted

deleted Visitor

i like some raw trimming with french dressing.. :D