Would You Ever Cheat And Why?

Discussion in 'True Love' started by jrocks, Sep 13, 2015.

1. Pieceofmyheart

Pieceofmyheart Grumpy old bitch HipForums Supporter

Wrong.

You said it "from where I'm standing". So you are saying that is the type of human YOU are. There are lots who once they make a commitment, they stand by it. Many people who marry, have a strong bond, friendship and loyalty to someone else would not cheat. They care so much about the other person, they wouldn't do something to break that bond.

1 person likes this.
  2. horsewarrior62

horsewarrior62 Members

You guys just won't see it any other way, ok, maybe time will tell, enjoy your cosy relationships, maybe yours will survive forever, maybe that good looking guy or woman at work will attract your attention. I have my opinion you have yours, we beg to differ....

3. Pieceofmyheart

Time will tell? LOL I am old honey....time has already TOLLED.

1 person likes this.
  4. Asmodean

Asmodean Slo motion rider

Who is he talking about anyway :p You? Me? It is clear he's the judgmental assumptious one here. Different folks, different strokes. He doesn't like to be in a monogamous relationship, that is fine of course. But cheating is never ok. Even when such a bond you talk about fades it is not an excuse to become dishonest and hurt your partner by fucking another person behind his/her back.

3 people like this.
  5. horsewarrior62

horsewarrior62 Members

Never too old hunny bunny. I'm looking forward to you guys burning me at the stake when I succumb to temptation...hallelujah :)

6. Asmodean

Lol, it's like you are talking to a fictional person.

Nobody so far is trying to condemn you for loving multiple people or giving in to temptation on itself.

7. drumminmama

drumminmama Super Moderator Super Moderator

Things happen. We'd like to think we'd be kind and upright and not cheat, or that the same is true of our committed partner. But life is sticky. It rolls over people and sometimes, lessthanstellar decisions are made.

I dated a man who was separated. She lived in a different, non adjacent state, and had for a few years.
    However, as time went on, it became clear he was never going to divorce. He'd agree if she filed, but it wouldn't be his move. And it all related to his dad leaving his mom. He would not break the bond. (No kids in his case)

At the time,I wasn't looking for a committed partner. My marriage had crashed on the rocks, painfully. I was looking for fun, companionship and someone who was wickedly funny.

Then I got this fabulous idea /sarcasm.
    If I dated Guy 1, I risked falling for him. (Know thyself)
    So,I started dating Guy 2,thinking I wouldn't be so silly as to develop feelings for both.

--insert laugh track---

So I was dating two men, one of who was wanting something of a commitment.
    This dragged on for years.

1 person likes this.
  8. Karen_J

Karen_J Visitor

I don't think any of us care all that much what you do. Everybody has to make decisions for themselves.

The dishonesty aspect of it is what bothers me. If a relationship is somewhat open or completely open, then of course it isn't cheating.

2 people like this.
  9. Pieceofmyheart

Why are ya hiding your pecker baby cakes?

10. horsewarrior62

horsewarrior62 Members

If I didn't I'd get banned doh!

11. Asmodean

I agree, this is also why I don't clearly see the cheating part in Drumminmama's post. Guy 1 didn't know she was also dating Guy 2 I suppose?

Cheating is obviously not always exactly the same as 'giving in to temptation' (it's really not rocket science :p). It is doing that secretly while knowing you break someone else's trust. That's why consciously cheating on the person you're with is for weak nuncinpoops.

12. drumminmama

drumminmama Super Moderator Super Moderator

Guy 1 is married. It's cheating.
    They do know about each other. They know the other by sight and have interacted. Music is a small business.

Currently, guy 1 is out of the picture and Guy 2 seems pretty happy. Now to move home,

13. Alice1991

Alice1991 Members

I'd never cheat if I really love the guy, if I don't then it can't even be called cheating, it's just a search of a better partner.

14. I'minmyunderwear

I'minmyunderwear Newbie

so in other words, you cheat on all your partners.

15. Asmodean

When you don't love your partner anymore cheating is not really cheating? Uhm, it has more to do with being honest and acknowledging the feelings of the person you're with. Not the lack of your own.

If one is searching for a better partner you quit being with the one you're with first (or at least fully inform them of what you're planning to do).

Some people...

16. la Principessa

la Principessa Old School HF Member

I don't think I could ever cheat on my partner. I've been cheated on twice by both of my long term exes. I ended things immediately. I wouldn't want to put anyone through what I went through. If things are getting boring, I'll talk to them about it. If I'm unhappy and it can't be fixed, I'll leave.

1 person likes this.
  17. RubySoho6

RubySoho6 Organized Chaos

I've made it 19 years without cheating, I don't think I'll start any time soon. My husband fulfills all my needs, not just sexually. It doesn't mean the desire isn't there sometimes when you meet certain people but I can honestly say I would never act on it. I was in a hotel room alone with a guy that I'm VERY attracted to. Absolutely NOTHING happened. I've had opportunities but nobody is worth breaking that trust with my husband. I'm gonna keep him.

18. Ordinary Guy

Ordinary Guy Member

I admire your control Ruby.

Same here, been with my wife 19 years. Never cheated on her.

Over the 19 year period, there's only been 3 women that have distracted me, i.e . where I've had to work a bit hard to restrain myself. But the last woman has been a serious challenge. I would simply not want to be alone with her anywhere private. I don't think I would be able to contain myself.

I love my and she gives me everything I need but damn I am so attracted to this other woman! It's terrible!

1 person likes this.
  19. RubySoho6

RubySoho6 Organized Chaos

There was a point in time that I wouldn't have trusted myself to be alone with this other guy. I knew well enough to not put myself in that position. My husband knows my attraction for the other guy but knows he can trust me.

1 person likes this.
  20. Meliai

Meliai Banned

No one here is saying you shouldn't be attracted to other people. I have a long term partner, and I have met other guys along the way that I was attracted to and maybe entertained fantasies about, but I would not go further than the fantasy because it wouldn't ever be worth hurting my partner or jeopardizing our relationship. If I ever get to the point where an attraction builds to the point where it seems greater than my relationship, then I would take it as a sign that my relationship has ran its course and try to deal with it in an honest and respectful way.

I don't believe humans are naturally monogamous, but I do believe we have the choice to at least be honest and put the feelings of those we love above our base desires.

1 person likes this.
Tags: