If Marijuana Wasn't Illegal Would Paranoia Still Be A Side Effect?

Discussion in 'Cannabis and Marijuana' started by Jennifer19, Sep 3, 2015.

1. Jennifer19

Jennifer19 Senior Member

2. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

Yeah I believe so. Because I never really get paranoid that what I'm doing is wrong when I smoke. It's always stuff in the background that creeps me.

3. Pieceofmyheart

Pieceofmyheart Grumpy old bitch HipForums Supporter

I don't get paranoid period and I smoke daily.

4. NoxiousGas

NoxiousGas Old Fart

Yes.
    Anxiety and paranoia are very well known and established side effects of THC. Weed with a high THC to CBD ratio will have a greater likely hood of inducing a panic or paranoia situation.
    The CBD and other cannabinoids balance out the THC and provide the "mellow" and "stoned" aspects of the high.
    In tests where subjects were given straight THC, almost every single person has a panic or anxiety attack.
    I've been smoking for over 40 years and still can get edgy and anxious if I come across some THC potent stuff unexpectedly.

2 people like this.
  5. soulcompromise

soulcompromise Member HipForums Supporter

http://www.merriam-webster.com/medical/paranoia

By definition, paranoia is a psychosis characterized by systematized delusions of persecution or grandeur usually without hallucinations or a tendency on the part of an individual or group toward excessive or irrational suspiciousness and distrustfulness of others.

Is that what you mean by paranoia? Lol. If so, I know for a fact that I have experienced that AND even with a high dose of THC:CBD (1:1).

Edit: It should be said that this was with about 15 mg of THC:CBD (1:1), so with less than that you would experience a milder form of the same thing; which is tolerable. These symptoms also vary dramatically with different tolerances I would imagine.

6. Asmodean

Asmodean Slo motion rider

Yes. People can get anxious and paranoid when they're stoned for all kinds of reasons. Here in the netherlands it's not illegal to smoke (unless you do it really at the wrong place :p) but occasionally someone still gets some (generally mild) paranoid thoughts after toking :p
    And then there are of course some people who are just more prone to getting anxious while stoned than others.

7. No. The basis for paranoia when smoking weed is that it's illegal. Other paranoia may seem unconnected, but it stems from that. If marijuana were legalized, all paranoia would disappear from the face of the earth.

8. NoxiousGas

NoxiousGas Old Fart

so is that 7.5 mgs of THC & CBD or 15mg of each?
    15 mgs of THC is nothing, but 15 mgs of CBD would lay you out sound asleep for hours. The ratios normally found naturally are along the order of 20% THC / <1-2% CBD, so I'm kinda confused at what your saying or where you get such a thing.
    15mgs of CBD is huge.

I very often consume edibles and ingest anywhere from 45-100 mgs of cannabinoids (at the ratios mentioned above) and always find it to be rather pleasant.

9. rollingalong

rollingalong Banned

no disrespect jen but what you know about weed I could cram in a thimbles thimble...you have demonstrated over and over a lack of willingness to be educated on it...not to mention it is fucking rude to say ''well?'' after posing a question....really rude

i'm tired of being weedipedia for this type of question

3 people like this.
  10. soulcompromise

You are mistaken about CBD. I know because they make pure CBD Cheeba Chews now
    [​IMG]

and they're non-psychoactive (it doesn't really do anything, more like ibuprofen actually). But to answer you, you're exactly right! It was 7.5 of each, however the CBD is non-psychoactive. I'm sorry if someone has mis-informed you about the effects of CBD. I think the miscommunication is in that marijuana with a higher concentration of CBD is known to have that couchlock effect and makes you kind of prone to sitting still and being lethargic and so on. Anyway, by itself it doesn't have a psychoactive effect. Maybe when you mix the two?

11. NoxiousGas

NoxiousGas Old Fart

12. Asmodean

About edibles: why do them when you can smoke :-D (i just dislike edibles ;) and love smoking)

Ok correct me if I'm wrong but she didn't even explain yet what she thought of it herself. It is just a question for pete's sake. It can be asked just to see what others think about this.

13. soulcompromise

My experience was with edibles, and Asmo edibles are an option for non-smokers such as myself.

1 person likes this.
  14. soulcompromise

I agree with truthonpot, but NOT youtube. I think maybe there's a difference between what I experienced and what the woman in the video has experienced. Truthonpot seems to be in line with what I was saying about non-psychoactive and so forth. Both do mention that a mixture of the two substances is better than straight up THC by itself, right?

15. NoxiousGas

NoxiousGas Old Fart

????
    you don't agree with a controlled scientific experiment but agree with what is a combination of questionable science and anecdotal evidence???

don't really know how much more precise you can get than injections of a known quantity of pure substances.

frankly, science don't give crap about what YOU think, that is why I said facts over opinion.

I wonder about #4 on thruthonpot. that is the first and only place where I have seen it claimed that THC induces sleep and CBD induces alertness.
    The study they cite is pretty worthless in terms of the conclusions it makes because all they did was administer different doses of both THC and CBD, but did not test THC & CBD separately, so how in the fuck they come to the conclusion that it is the THC that induces sleep is beyond me and NOT to be found in the cited research, nor was that even what that particular research was studying.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/15118485
    "Fifteen milligrams THC would appear to be sedative, while 15 mg CBD appears to have alerting properties as it increased awake activity during sleep and counteracted the residual sedative activity of 15 mg THC."

again, how the fuck they come to that conclusion is beyond me because that isn't what they actually tested for and if they administered the exact same amounts of both chemicals, how do they know it isn't the opposite of their conclusions.

that my friends is an example of poorly conducted science and conclusions not supported by the accompanying research.

1 person likes this.
  16. Asmodean

'Science thinks this or that' is already a questionable way of formulating things. Or am I antfucking now?

17. NoxiousGas

NoxiousGas Old Fart

sure, still doesn't change the content of my communication, does it?

18. skip

skip Founder Administrator

What they're NOT controlling for, probably because the study is too limited, is CBN, which is a by product of THC (it decays into CBN).
    CBN is what's supposed to make you sleeply (you are getting sleeeeeeepy...sleeeeeepy...)

So if any of the studies misidentifies CBN as THC, then the study would be invalid.

CBD is supposed to be more potent in small quantities, so it's also not valid to compare similar dosages.
    And it is the factor that is more prevalent in sativas and other specific strains.
    That's why many prefer certain sativas since they don't have such a narcotic effect, but acts as more of a stimulant.

19. NoxiousGas

NoxiousGas Old Fart

very good point.

20. rollingalong

rollingalong Banned

it isn't even illegal where op lives

legal med state