Advice On Prescription Drugs

Discussion in 'Drug Polls' started by Vertigojd, Sep 1, 2015.

1. Vertigojd

Vertigojd Members

I am not a stoner or pill popper of any kind. Looking for advice. Had surgery on Friday on my ankle. Doctor gave me 2 5mg percocet to take every 4 hours. Saw them on monday, told them I am in pain still. They changedy script to 2 10mg percocet every 4 hours and 1 5mg valium every 12. Took all 3 and and it took 2 hours to fall asleep, only to wake 30 minute's later in screaming pain. Seems like oxycodone don't do shit for me. I woke in so much pain that I couldn't focus my eyes to see. So it's not like 1 more would help. Any ideas of what I should ask for. I know t3 is far less then percocet but I've had better reactions with it. I was thinking of asking for t4. Was thinking of taking t3's that I have now even tho it hasn't been long since taking the perc. Thanks in advance

2. Aerianne

Aerianne Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

Just be persistent in calling your doctor. Your level of pain may tell them something important about how your ankle is doing.

3. Vertigojd

Vertigojd Members

I had a scoping, tendons shoting surgery, and a series of holes drilled into the bones my ankle. Just looking for advice and what might be a better idea for medication for pain management. They suggested the percocet which I had never had. Which is obviously not working.

4. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

"I am not a stoner or pill popper of any kind.

If this was speed dating...

NEXT! :D

5. Chodpa

Chodpa Senior Member

doctors do not see their job as getting rid of all of your pain, only a percentage of it, to allow you to live and function - it is very unlikely you will receive anything stronger than percocet, especially if they are giving you the max of 60 mg a day - if you didn't have them though you would notice a much larger margin of pain than you do

6. Triptronic

Triptronic Member

try taking more. like 3 at a time