What Is Your Relationship With Alcohol?

Discussion in 'Random Thoughts' started by wiccan_witch, Aug 27, 2015.

1. wiccan_witch

wiccan_witch Senior Member

Does it control you? Do you love it or despise it? Or is it something you use to fill a void? Does drinking stop you from doing anything harder? Or are you completely in control, and alcohol is something you can manage?

2. cobelage

cobelage Members

your topic will probably provoke me to get drunk this evening. I'm very susceptible :artist:

1 person likes this.
  3. Moonglow181

Moonglow181 Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

I don't like it too often.....once or twice a year ina a safe setting is ok.
    I feel it like those snow globes that can shake things up in me or out of my psyche.

4. guerillabedlam

guerillabedlam _|=|-|=|_

I occasionally use it to fill a void, occasionally use it socially. When I drink, more often than not I drink to get drunk and this can lead to excessive drinking.

Drinking doesn't stop me from doing anything harder, accessibility does but alcohol can hold me over , when I'd prefer to have harder drugs. Really this only applies to ketamine and occasionally cocaine, most other drugs I do, I don't usually want on a whim and/or alcohol can't really accomplish what I seek from the drugs.

I do occasionally use alcohol in lieu of pot, which I don't consider harder. I prefer pot for the most part and for awhile I had particular reasons as to why I was not using pot but I may start exploring pot again soon.

5. Tyrsonswood

Tyrsonswood Senior Moment Lifetime Supporter

I don't drink....

6. MrChuffy

MrChuffy Members

Well I am a social drinker really.....I never drink at home unless I am getting ready to go out and then I will stick my tunes on and have a couple of cans while I put my face on.....I just like pubs and the people...its a big part of the community and we need to protect em....Its just a shame that there are always some dildos who go out looking to cause trouble...and they spoil it for everyone and give booze a bad name.

7. Rots in hell

Rots in hell Senior Member

My relationship with alcohol !!

We are best mates [​IMG] Done all the drugs came back to Booze

1 person likes this.
  8. Meliai

Meliai Banned

its complicated.
    alcoholism runs in my family. I know what it can do to people, both short and long term. I can definitely see some alcoholic tendencies in myself so I am very careful never to go over that edge. I know I like to drink, probably more than the average bear, and I do get drunk a couple of times a month but don't let myself do it more than that. I have learned how to curb the binge drinking I did in my early twenties and have a beer and then stop so I do have a beer after work a few times a week but I try to carefully limit my consumption because I dont trust my genetics.

2 people like this.
  9. guerillabedlam

guerillabedlam _|=|-|=|_

Any recommendations to curb the binge drinking? because I've curbed frequency but when I do drink, I usually still drink like I'm 21.

It's like I get a couple beers or drinks down and then my brain goes "Oh yah this feeling again, do more"

10. Asmodean

Asmodean Slo motion rider

Purely sexual.

11. Ashalicious

Ashalicious Senior Member

My current relationship with alcohol is that I am done with it.

In the past, when I party, I would usually mix alcohol with other drugs, and wouldn't feel the effects of alcohol as much. Since I've stopped using other drugs, I've only been drinking when I party, and I tell ya, I do not like the person I am when I am intoxicated. After three treacherous hangovers this week that consisted of me feeling worried about things I said or did while I was drunk the night before, I came to the conclusion that I do not like who I am when I get drunk, and I no longer wish to go down that road, nor do I want to ever feel that way again.

Going forward, I will still attend parties and social functions, however I will not be getting drunk. I will bring along ice coffee or something to enjoy instead.

I really feel positive about this change.

2 people like this.
  12. wiccan_witch

wiccan_witch Senior Member

This is my situation, also. I've seen what alcoholism has done in my family, it's something that really scares me if I ever feel like I want to drink.

13. Piaf

Piaf Senior Member

Ummm what happened to good old having a drink or two?

1 person likes this.
  14. Bobby Smith

Bobby Smith Members

I like you but you ruin my life.

15. Ashalicious

Ashalicious Senior Member

I'm fine when I have a drink or two. I enjoy having a drink or two. When I go out partying with my friends, however, and I end up having more than a drink or two, that is when I turn into a person that I do not like. So as of right now, what I need to do is marinate myself in the memory of who I am when I get drunk, and remember that I do not like or want to be that person.

16. Wizardofodd

Wizardofodd Senior Member

IPAs and I are good pals. I never drink anything like whiskey or any other harder stuff. Just beer.

1 person likes this.
  17. soulcompromise

soulcompromise Member HipForums Supporter

Same.

18. Metal Groomp

Metal Groomp Members

I'm not really a fan of it but I don't hate it either. I've only had sips of certain alcohols and it's a bit too strong for my liking but who knows, that may change one day.

19. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

I don't know. I wouldn't say I have a problem but others probably would but if you have one drink a day many confine that as problematic so I must be off the rails some weeks.

My relationship with it depends how I'm feeling, really. Alcohol causes me to gain weight rather quickly so if I'm feeling a touch bloated or having a fat day I won't drink. But I like relaxing with a beer in the bath. Or a horn full of mead watching the tv while my miss sips her wine beside me.

Then on weekends I like to get plastered with friends. :)
    No every weekend. But I think nothing of it.

And come Oktoberfest time. ........

20. iamjustme

iamjustme Wishful thinker HipForums Supporter

I make beer, sooo..I would say pretty close.