Our House Is Haunted

Discussion in 'Weird, Bizarre and Mysterious' started by iamjustme, Aug 23, 2015.

1. iamjustme

iamjustme Wishful thinker HipForums Supporter

Sorry, didn;t mean to sound that way.
    I am quite happy with it, we all are actually. It is fun.
    Just mentioning that sometimes that sudden feeling of someone else in the room is not so great. I think it is due to no warning, no sounds first etc.
    But that is fairly rare.

2. iamjustme

[​IMG]

This is the old fireplace we experience the undeniable smell of a live burning fire occasionally.

1 person likes this.
  3. iamjustme

Ha...just saw me in the mirror.

4. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

For the last year I've been trying to not be so scared of the dark and I've don't much better with it since I have my dog. I figure he'll feel them first before I do. Still, those moments when he gets alert at something I cannot see and his hackles go up, I think the hair on the back of my neck does too.

I've slowly faded away from the thoughts of "evil" presence though I know Europe is much of a historical graveyard, I just don't believe that the spirits are out "to get me" any more. I'm more at peace with them and I truly believe that talking to those around you is greatly beneficial. Let them know you aren't a threat etc. Hell, I've sat down for hours or more explaining my life and situation to thin air, but I only do this when I feel something isn't right in my surroundings and always after communication it just feels a lot better.

My aunt once told me that she used to feel a presence in the room she slept in. She would simply say aloud "please leave, you are not allowed in here". And she said that worked always too.

Now I'm haunted by a woman in my dreams whom I call my lady in black. I've spoke about her before. It's not a recurring dream, but she pops up every now and again, always at a distance and the closer I get to her the more overwhelmed I feel with emotions and feelings of love.

I've yet to figure out what she means, but after writing down my dreams and notes of what I can remember, it appears, to me at least, that she more often than not is almost a beacon, or an alert that something is about to change in my life. I find it too coincidental pass off as random subconscious thoughts. While its coincidental, it's also too few and far between when I do get to see her.

I got really close to her one day, but she vanished on a hillside. Replaced by a black wolf with Hell burning in its eyes.

I've always like the idea and notions of spirit protectors and guardian angels, and it is true I have met another angel in another dream a long time ago and this was in a time where my house was also haunted by a female spirit and I believe I bought her into my world by purchasing an antique that was possessed. But after talking to the antique when I narrowed it down and explaining my situation I had this fascinating dream of meeting an inaudible angel who telepathically spoke to me saying he was an arch angel from heaven and everything in my life would be okay from now on.

And it was. Until then I would wake from sleep with scratches and bruises and marks all over my back and sides and even my partner was freaked out. Not even daddy would laugh it off.

1 person likes this.
  5. iamjustme

[​IMG]

This is the "stairs to nowhere" that is off the kitchen.
    The door was removed and boarded up in the 1950's. I removed the wall and replaced the original door, thankfully the entire door frame was intact.
    Note the seriously old wallpaper.
    The door to this "room" repeatedly opens on it's own.

1 person likes this.
  6. Aerianne

Aerianne Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

I've awoken with a set of fingernail scratches that broke the skin. It was as if someone had grabbed my forearm and sunk their nails into me. It didn't wake me up. I don't know how. They were just there when I woke up. That's only happened once though

7. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

Yes that's exactly how it was for me. Red scratches, marks
    And all. I had thought possibly the bed sheets but then my Laura wasn't having it happen to her. It was a difficult time and very hard to explain but I was never haunted in physical world, it was all dreams. But I could never remember falling asleep. I'd just wake up as if something made me sleep and woke me few moments later yet what I was seeing in my dream was an unknown presence desperately wanting me to leave. My house would be robbed, or everything missing and doors slamming when I exited. I remember waking up in real life one time so shocked I ran around my place searching for my partner. I literally didn't know what had happened but I was scared. I was scared because I don't remember sleeping and I woke up after a horrible dream about being chased away.

Then one dream I actually saw it. She was there, in my kitchen, throwing pots and pans at me, telling me to "get out of my house". That's when I started taking to people about it. And I was told you gotta let her know you aren't a threat.

I narrowed it down to a possession of bought home. It was a letter from a German soldier fighting in on the Russian front. It is very hard to read letter as the language has changed a little bit from what I know but was definitely a letter to his wife.

I kept this letter in a small safe along with the rest of the military collection I had started.

In one dream, my final dream in fact, I came home to a robbed house as usual except one thing was remaining. It was my safe. Sitting where it always did. Everything else in the house was gone. I panicked, I ran out to the front and a very recognizable figure appeared, though I'm not sure who but I remember that I did recognize him. And he spoke to me with mouth closed and said all would be fine. And I ran back to my house and slowly things started to reappear in my house.

After this I never again had a problem. And I never have experienced it again. But it was insane. I was literally being taken away, put to sleep, to see a vision and then woken up in so much shock and scratches... I'll never forget it.

I remember one time afterwards I had a similar type of dream, but I was sleeping and it wasn't trying to get me away from my house so I think it was just a genuine dream.

8. Aerianne

Those "dreams" are very interesting.

I've had a "dream" in which knowledge was being placed into my head. The knowledge was contained in little goldish-type bars. That one did not seem like an honest sleeping dream. It felt much different.

9. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

Mine almost felt like micro sleeps. As if I just closed my eyes, fell asleep and then woke up as I impacted the bed. They seemed very fast sometimes. And the odd thing was at the time I found it very difficult to sleep during the day but all these dreams were almost day dreaming.

I have a dream catcher now and about a year ago I noticed bad energy in my house. I spoke to Ash here and she said I needed to cleanse it with direct sunlight so I did this and you know, may have been in my head but the thing felt so much lighter and my place felt positive immediately after. Now it lives half hanging in the sun near my window. :)

10. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

And in not too sure if it really works or not, but I used to have awesome unimaginable dreams and I find I just don't dream very much at al. =[

11. Aerianne

The thing is that we are "magickal" beings, all of us. None of us need any of these tools but they do help focus your intentions.

Back to the hauntings.

After my grandfather died, I think he tried to call me. I was very upset and sitting on the floor beside my mom's bed, kind of hiding, crying, just in the room all by myself.

The phone rang, a sharp 1/2 ring, and the hand piece jumped off the base and landed out in the floor.

After my brother died, my husband was getting ready to use a belt sander that my brother had given him. He had it plugged into the wall be neither of us was near it. The sanding started running by itself.

3 people like this.
  12. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

In the house my parents bought first when they moved to Australia I ways said I heard things. It was hard wood floor, nice old style brick and mortar house. I swore I could hear someone calling my name. And I always told mum the house was haunted. "Bah, it is not" etc.

One day I bought a cd that had seances written into the background of the music. Talking in reverse etc. but you couldn't hear it over the music. And I remember crying and crying one night at seemingly nothing but the house was emotionally charged. I was alone one weekend by myself I can't remember where the family was but it was one the first weekends I was alone. And I heard those floor boards step and groan, I heard my name called. I watched a wooden duck fall from a cabinet in plain view. It was just... knocked off.

Then things went quiet, not much happened. And I remember across the road was a vacant land that the council could never build on because it turned into a swamp once flooded. And apparently, a young boy had died in the swamp a very long time before we got there. My mother came out with this one night and I said "see! I told you this place is haunted".

When I left home into my own place, things started happening again. My folks were woken up at all hours of the morning by the TV turning on by itself, black and white ants at volume 100.
    They'd turn it off at the wall, it kept happening. They'd take batteries from remote and it'd keep happening. Lots of little electrical annoyances started to come about.

I narrowed it down a poltergeist who from research tended to be mischievous young kids who had died too early. It fit bill as far as I was concerned. Young boy does right near home, and mischievous little things happened. Nothing evil. Nothing threatening. Just... Childs play really.

1 person likes this.
  13. Lynnbrown

Lynnbrown Firecracker

I sincerely hope that is what my cats are looking at and talking to...but I rather doubt it. ;)

But its all good...as I said...I learned what to do about those I didn't want around. hehe

There are "rules", shall we say, all entities (ghosts and etc) have to abide by, I've found.

I used to wake up with bruises, and there has been an occasional scratch; but, it's been years.

Some things you just don't ever forget...not even a levitating marble egg when you're 15. :)

1 person likes this.
  14. themnax

themnax Senior Member

if you create an environment, which glorifies what you find unpleasant, whatever insane reason it is, that people do this, of course you can expect, to "feel evil there".
    this isn't the spirit world, this is the human ego, projecting itself onto it.

the only "evil", is the choice to cause harm. it is not the nature of spirit things, at least not nearly as much as it is of human prejudice against the unknown.

15. creampie00

creampie00 If you can't DODGE it....RAM it!

So glad to see comments on this topic. I am starting to believe my home is haunted as well but I wasn't sure if I was losing my mind. I bought a house about 4 years ago, built in the 1950's, the previous owners had passed away and I believe one passed in the house. We noticed several strange things going on, like chairs moving, doors slamming, shadows, the baby was babbling to someone I couldn't see, I decided these were all coincidences and nothing paranormal. Little things happened here and there in the past few years and then recently, my daughter turned 5, I was filming her open her presents and when I went back to review the video, I see about 5 orbs flying around her, they made motions as if they were embracing her, when she was done opening her gifts. they flew around her and then went out the door. I tried to write this off, I did a dust test to see if that may be it, it wasn't. I filmed a video as she was napping just to see what happened and there were the orbs again. The little balls of light only appear around her, no one else. I did several different tests, leaving the flash off of the video, in the dark, in light, any scenario you can think of, the balls of light are only around the child! I had always thought my imagination was running wild because I wasn't a big believer in ghosts. But after seeing these videos, my thoughts have changed. There is a spirit or spirits around my daughter at all times. Am I insane? It is so frustrating! Is this a possibility? It kind of feels good knowing someone is with her always. Anyone else have this happen to them?

1 person likes this.
  16. Peaceful_LotusFlower

Peaceful_LotusFlower Member

Thanks for updating you're thread and I hope you continue to do so. Ghosts and Hauntings has always interested me believe it or not. A lot of people tend to turn their head and judge so easily based on what they hear until they experience it themselves. It's good to be skeptic to a certain degree, however it's good to have a open mind too. Please continue to share photo's and anything else you encounter. I wouldn't even mind pming you and talking with you more about it if you'd like too! :)

Wow that's interesting!! I've never experienced anything like that before. However I did have a encounter once and it freaked me out beyond belief. I still even question it from time to time and think it's all fake. The more I go back over it again and question it, the more I start believing what I experienced was real because it woke me up from a dead sleep when I sleeping over at my friend's house and I felt as if someone was watching me. I seriously thought I was crazy and thought I was losing my mind. Felt as if someone was walking around the bed and watching me sleep, I could feel it walking around the entire bed and looking down at me. Even when I closed my eyes tight and tried to sleep, I felt as it was close to my face. Felt invaded and terrified. Even the little girl who stayed in the room who I was sharing the bedroom with woke up in the middle of the night and was whispering to me about things she experienced. The minute I woke up, she looked at me and said, "You feel it too? I feel it all the time. It scares me.... Please stay awake with me." I stayed up the whole night with her until she fell asleep again. Stayed over my friends for two weeks and my best friend told me that anyone who stays in her daughter's room with her experiences something.

17. Ajay0

Ajay0 Guest

The extreme sense of evil is due to the negative prana or chi you felt over there. It is better to avoid such places as it can bring about unfortunate incidents.

I know of a friend who visited an ancient haunted fort on a sightseeing trip with friends. His camera started vibrating on its own without his switching it on. He started having low energy levels, problems in his workplace and overall dissatisfaction after this trip.

Upon speaking about his problems to me, I deducted that he had made such a trip and questioned him and it was then he reported the above incident with the camera in the fort.

18. archenemy

archenemy Members

ooohhh....film it. if u hear chairs moving, u could catch that on film, i would think...