Our House Is Haunted

Discussion in 'Weird, Bizarre and Mysterious' started by iamjustme, Aug 23, 2015.

1. themnax

themnax Senior Member

i would say, learn to love your ghosts. be friends with and to them, and be cool.

ghosts are something that might be real, but i don't see why they worry people, or how they could be much more then mostly harmless.

they're just something uncertain that you don't run into all the time.

there's this ghost of a mountain lion that i think was euthanized, or the victim of biological research,
    that i like to think of as a kind of mostly friend, that there was this black plastic sheet,
    that his remains may have been transported in, that i used as a tent, that i think may be,
    how he came to be around.

i haven't 'seen' him/her a lot lately, but i really like him/her a lot.

i don't mean to dismiss who or what they might be,
    i just find living humans a lot more to worry about.

i think of it as kind of a fun thing, to maybe have one around of some kind.

1 person likes this.
  2. Aerianne

Aerianne Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

My house isn't haunted. I'm the only one who has ever lived in it.

I do have some "travelers" I catch a glimpse of. They are like shadow people, I guess.

I have cats that streak by, sometimes lounge around, and they contain colors and light.

2 people like this.
  3. Justin_Hale

Justin_Hale ( •_•)⌐■-■ ...(⌐■_■)

I got rocked and pushed a bit in my sleep at first in my new apt.

I didn't care much because I was drunk (passed out).

Five months later, I still feel a nudge during the night every so often. I just roll over and go back to sleep.

Maybe after I move, the next occupant will be afraid, lol.

4. Aerianne

I have had some things turn on by themselves but I know it was my brother because they were his things.

5. Karen_J

Karen_J Visitor

Maybe someday, you and I can be the first ghosts to haunt our houses. ;)

1 person likes this.
  6. scratcho

scratcho Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

I'd say that you should go to the tax assessors office and research occupants/owners clear back to the originals and then check microfilm (newspaper?)to see if any families had something bad happen to them in the house. Or out of the house, for that matter. That would be very interesting to me.

7. Aerianne

I'm sure I will. I'm very attached to and protective of this place.

8. Aerianne

The first incident in my haunting career will be if some future occupant tries to cut down the trees on this property. I've already held the tree trimming guys at bay with a hand gun.

2 people like this.
  9. Lynnbrown

Lynnbrown Firecracker

Oh Yeah Baby!!! You're talking my language now. :D

I probably won't even be the 50th haunting here...but I'll be the 1st one to bugger up anybody that comes here to cut trees! :)

oh, and ftr - several years ago, there was a lady whose house was broken into a little over 1/4 mile down the road...it was actually a home invasion. He stole her car and broke all the fingers on her right hand...she told Mama that as he was storming around her house, fussing he perfectly described this house (the cars in the driveway and all) and said he was going to come here; but he could tell it was haunted and he wasn't "dealing with that". [​IMG] so yeah, haints can be useful :)

1 person likes this.
  10. Aerianne

1 person likes this.
  11. Lynnbrown

Lynnbrown Firecracker

^^^ I've also known of people to paint their doors "haint blue" to discourage their entry.

lol...they can come in the windows :D

12. Aerianne

I remember feeling like the outdoors at my mom's house had some very heavy evil there. I would try to hurry and leave her house before dark.

If I was there after dark, I'd hurry to my car and hurry away. It would give me panic attacks until I could put some distance between myself and that place after dark.

My husband and I both felt this extreme evil there after dark.

It came about after my brother died, outdoors, about 1/8 mile from her house.

After several years I was there after dark and remember it feeling profoundly normal again. I commented to my husband that the evil had moved on. He also felt as if it had.

I'd have thought I was giving myself the willies but hubby isn't like that and he completely agreed with what I felt.

1 person likes this.
  13. Blu3sLady

Blu3sLady Members

I hate it when the dogs stare at the ceiling and growl.. or the cats stare at something I can't see and then rush away. I think they're doing it on purpose, though. Let's mess with Mom!

1 person likes this.
  14. Aerianne

My cats talk to faeries.

2 people like this.
  15. Karen_J

Karen_J Visitor

I get that feeling several places in New Orleans. I researched the locations and found out that people had died in all of them, often after being tortured. It's supposed to be the most haunted city in America.

16. Backchat

Backchat Supporter HipForums Supporter

I don't quite understand why you think it's unpolite to record haunting activity in your house, after all I wouldn't think the ghosts would mind. Perhaps you should give it a go, because I'm sure there would be a paranormal research group who would be interested in looking at those recordings. I was also wondering is the haunting still going on now perhaps you can let us know.

17. iamjustme

iamjustme Wishful thinker HipForums Supporter

They have been active ever since we lived here. I guess I don't want to upset the balance, or afraid I would.
    There are some beliefs that spirits cannot or easily enter into the physical world without being invited. And once you have shown you wish their presence, they may not be what you hoped for.
    Sometimes I do wish I had an EVP device. Also, sometimes all of us in the downstairs front room smell a strong and very distinctive smell of burning wood. That room still has the original fireplace but was sealed up in the 80's and a gas fireplace placed in it. The chimney structure was completely removed, so it is not possible to obtain any smells left. It will smell exactly like there is an active fire burning...usually happens late in the afternoon, just every once in a while.
    I

18. Backchat

That's really good then thanks for the update, you will have to let us know what happens in the future if any changes take place. You could easily buy a EVP device on the web, I think it would be interesting to see how it interacts with your haunting. If I were living in your house I would certainly be doing some scientific investigation, because that kind of haunting situation would be worth looking into. I guess the easiest thing to do is keep a written log account of all that's goes on, indicating the time and dates etc just for the record. You seem to be quite happy knowing that you are not alone in your house, so I guess that's a good thing really because you don't want to be living in fear do you. :)

19. iamjustme

iamjustme Wishful thinker HipForums Supporter

I am, although sometimes, always very sudden and without any warning we have all got an overwhelming feeling of being watched. That is not comfortable. It is a very disconcerting feeling that literally makes you feel like running out of the room. It can be difficult to fight that feeling, no different than any other time your body goes into "fight or flight" mode.

20. Backchat

Oh I see I thought you were reasonably happy with your haunting, what you are saying now makes it sound a little tad frightening to say the least. Thanks for being so honest and please keep us updated as and when :)