Humans Are Not Able To Manage The Technology They Create

Discussion in 'Science and Technology' started by slipperyhippy, Aug 15, 2015.

1. xenxan

xenxan Visitor

Me too.

It was quite disturbing how they described the sizzle and smell.

Sorry but cows are here for us to eat. Everything relies on something else to survive. But it all boils down to the Earth; she provides all the necessary items for everything to survive in harmony. Human overpopulation will be our down fall.

2. Asmodean

Asmodean Slo motion rider

Something definitely needs to change in the meat industry, but growing meat artificially in some kind of factory is not it (if it's up to me). I also absolutely don't want cows to live inside chronically (which happens to a lot of those in extensive dairy farming). It seems to become more common here in the netherlands. I already caught one milk producer falsely advertising with milk from cows that graze outside. It looks really nice but it just wasn't true. Nasty.
    Happily there are opposite dairy farmers as well :)

3. NoxiousGas

NoxiousGas Old Fart

?
    what difference does it make if the "chemicals" are provided via hydroponic fertilizer or via the soil?
    still the same "chemicals" go into a plant's growth.
    PLUS you seem to be forgetting about the tons of chemicals that are actually bad for you and the environment that have to be used in conventional farming, the enormous waste of water, pesticides, etc,etc,.

sometimes folks have ridiculous knee-jerk reactions to things that have no basis in reality, this is an example.

4. Asmodean

Asmodean Slo motion rider

Why eat lettuce anyway. It's mostly water, and (if not organic) pesticides. One of most useless vegetables to buy in the supermarket.

5. Bud D

Bud D Member

Organic farming doesn't use unnatural chemical pesticides, fungicides. I have some lettuce in my fridge and it's not organic.

It's like GMO's, it's not always the modified genes it's the chemicals they are resistant too.

I understand ion exchange is ion exchange but there is something better about organic cannabis than chemically laden bud like a beaster.

Smoke all the beasters ya want! I don't care!

6. NoxiousGas

NoxiousGas Old Fart

that is only because folks don't purge the plants with pure water for a couple of weeks prior to harvest. ;)

7. Bud D

Bud D Member

True but the pesticides and fungicides are no bueno