Drones

Discussion in 'Science and Technology' started by Karen_J, Aug 13, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Moonglow181

Moonglow181 Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

same can be said of guns, too.
    People hurt people, yes, i agree with that whole heartedly.....
    You don't think I have not been hurt by things people say and do, too?

I hate when I am outside jogging the dogs and random strangers point their cameras out there at me pretending to photograph my dogs. I always look away from them ...i understand anything in public is that....public, though....but some people are so damn rude.
    I would not do half the things i see people do or say half the things they do.

2. Karen_J

Karen_J Visitor

Can't ban people.

3. AceK

AceK Scientia Potentia Est

you can only send them to prison

4. Karen_J

Karen_J Visitor

After they bring down the airliner? Too late.

I want people deprived of their "right" to play with useless toys that can kill me and hundreds of other people, and I don't care how angry that makes them.

5. AceK

I guess freedom is too dangerous for regular people.

6. Karen_J

Karen_J Visitor

Always has been. There used to be no motor vehicle laws. People thought, you paid for the car, you should be able to do whatever you want with it, anywhere, anytime. That didn't last long.

1 person likes this.
  7. AceK

what makes you think that people who already dont respect the law by interfering with aircraft are going to respect whatever new law banning drones or whatever?

8. Backchat

Backchat Supporter HipForums Supporter

I feel sure that in the near future when Drones become a more common sight in our skies, and the problems created by them increase, they will have greater restrictions put on them as to where they can and cannot be flown. I for one don't want them flying over my garden when I'm outside enjoying some fresh air, I want to feel at ease on my own private land and not be pestered by them. I mean come on really, what gives an individual a right to infringe on my own personal privacy in my own space just because they want to fly their stupid Drone in the airspace above me. Sorry but It's just not acceptable I'm afraid, we don't have much privacy these days so come on at least I want privacy on my own little plot of land.

I have a human right to enjoy my life to be free from threat and intimidation by others, so stick that in your pipe and smoke it while you're flying your Drone please. Thank you :)

1 person likes this.
  9. Moonglow181

I think there will be drones that will spy maybe the size of a bird, if they are not already in use, and will not even be detected. I may be living in the future with my thoughts.

1 person likes this.
  10. Moonglow181

[​IMG]

3 people like this.
  11. Backchat

Yes that may well happen as drone technology improves in the near future, not sure if they exist that small at the moment though but I may be wrong about that. The military will always be trying to improve drone technology to make them become stealthy, so they can sneak around without being seen. It might even be possible in the future to make them the size of a large bug such as a cockroach using micro engine technology. :yikes:

1 person likes this.
  12. MeAgain

MeAgain Dazed & Confused Lifetime Supporter Super Moderator

Cameras are the least of our worries.

https://youtu.be/MZs9DF0m6Xo

There's also one with a machine gun, but can't tell if it's real or not.

1 person likes this.
  13. Moonglow181

Drones are tiny already....I wondered why the bugs are always at the windows in any room I am ever in.....LOL

[​IMG]

2 people like this.
  14. Backchat

BTW I love bugs although the mosquito variety I'm not too keen on, is that a mosquito drone by any chance ? :)

1 person likes this.
  15. Moonglow181

Looks like one, doesn't it? I am not sure. I found photos of tiny drones. There was one as a bee...makes sense...drone bee....and other cool tiny things.

1 person likes this.
  16. Backchat

Yes it sure does look like a drone, quite possibly one that you would call a small weaponised drone to be exact. I don't think it's all that improbable actually that drones such as this will become a common sight in battlefields far into the future. You can imagine millions of AI mosquito drones descending from the skies attacking AI robots with their proboscis. Humans will have long fled battlefields by then, as they will all be hiding in underground bunkers watching the battles between AI machines on screens. Oh what a lovely world it will be.

1 person likes this.
  17. Moonglow181

dum dee dum dum......we are doomed..... :D

:p

cannot do anything about it...might as well joke and smile, right? lol

1 person likes this.
  18. Backchat

I would hope that anyone else who reads these drone posts will be doing the same to :)

19. 6-eyed shaman

6-eyed shaman Sock-eye salmon

When I worked as a security guard, the company had security contracts all over the place at filming and movie sets and construction sites we provided security for. My boss flew a drone around to spy on all his employees to make sure we weren't sitting around on the job.

20. Logan 5

Logan 5 Confessed gynephile Lifetime Supporter

There is one with an AR15. The guy chopped up the AR15 and out it on a drone. Only 15 minutes of flying, IIRC, but if you've ever had an AR15 and know what it can do, you'll understand what I'm talking about. Chop it up so a lot of the stuff it has for a person hooting it isn't there, you take away weight and add capability. With that even just a 30 round mag can do a lot.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.