Drones

Discussion in 'Science and Technology' started by Karen_J, Aug 13, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. slipperyhippy

slipperyhippy Guest

I think the FAA takes it seriously. But the federal government WANTS these things to be legal in my opinion. FBI and NSA wants to use these in domestic surveillance, how can they substantiate that if they are illegal for the rest of the citizens?

2. scratcho

scratcho Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

I'm sure they do--and if the spy agencies want them--they'll get them. Maybe we'll see some aerial dog fights between "official" drones and citizen drones. The sky will be filled with drones. Police will have them also, I reckon. Be a regular fustercluck.

3. deleted

deleted Visitor

I remember when the rocket models come out with the camera .. spend all this money to get the film developed and tumbling sky pictures, and streaky ground photos was all you got.

1 person likes this.
  4. Karen_J

Karen_J Visitor

They should get a hell of a lot more time than somebody who sells weed on the street.

Maybe they should travel along on the teams that visit the families to notify them that their loved one died in a preventable crash.

You're saying this is a multimillion dollar industry? I don't see how that's possible.

Ordinary people buy the cheap drones. The really nice, expensive ones bought mainly by companies are operated mostly by people who would qualify for a license.

At the very least, putting a serial number on every drone and requiring owners to register when they make a purchase would make the whole situation less anonymous. Similar to a handgun permit. No financial impact.

I don't see the average person ever wanting to own a drone that can fly high. If somebody gave me one, I have no idea what I'd do with it.

Hubby says the procedure for landing without one engine is very different from a normal landing, and the worst time to have a failure is when it's too late to go through that setup, and they have to try to go around and try it again. He's seen some very ugly accident reports where small prop twins tried to do that, with catastrophic results. Sometimes they turn around and crash sideways or backwards.

Same way they justify owning all kinds of other things we can't have. They just do it.

Have these drone owners ever heard of Google Maps aerial pictures? They're free, you know.

5. GeorgeJetStoned

GeorgeJetStoned Odd Member

Then the keychain video recorder came out. All over Youtube are some excellent model rocket videos. I keep thinking that somebody should put two cameras on a rocket to make a 3D version of the flights.

6. soulcompromise

soulcompromise Member HipForums Supporter

Taking pictures of someone in their backyard? You would know better that it's impolite at the very least.

7. Backchat

Backchat Supporter HipForums Supporter

Gee if there wasn't enough already to worry about in this world regarding hi tech electronic snooping, we now have Drones to contend with as well. You really couldn't make it up could you, these things are on sale in electronic stores to be sold to the general public who can in effect use them for whatever they want to do with them. No license required to fly them, no limitations on their use to prevent them from being used for spying on people in any neighborhood, this is an ideal way to snoop on people and their private lives at home. So now it's perfectly OK to snoop on people in their own back gardens using a Drone, and post the images on the internet for all their buddies to gloat over. Once a new trend like this takes off it becomes a normal thing to do and then everyone wants to do it, and make themselves famous on the internet. Not only that though worse still, it would be perfectly possible for some nasty individual to weaponise a Drone, and create absolute terror in the process. Drones should only be made available for use by the military and professional users like broadcasters etc and not sold as a toy to the general public because they are far too dangerous in the wrong hands. I am trying to think of some positive points about Drones, but the negative ones outweigh them.

1 person likes this.
  8. Moonglow181

Moonglow181 Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

OMG...the concept of anyone able to buy a drone really sucks......
    My mother already thought they were in use when she was alive, anyway...everything she said is coming true...time to put up those curtains and move to the basement.

1 person likes this.
  9. AceK

AceK Scientia Potentia Est

yes lets just ban things for everyone because a small few can't be responsible

1 person likes this.
  10. Moonglow181

It is responsible to spy on people?
    I don't do it.....nor have the inclination to do that.

1 person likes this.
  11. soulcompromise

soulcompromise Member HipForums Supporter

There's a new measure taking effect in California making it trespassing to fly a drone below a certain altitude over private property. It's by Senator Hannah-Beth Jackson, and the altitude limit is 350 feet.

12. AceK

no, that wouldnt be responsible but I dont think just because a few do wrong that everyone should lose their rights.

13. Moonglow181

rights for what? What else are drones used for? Tell me, as i don't know.

I am going to put my curtains up here.....Just have to figure out how to put curtain rods up there first....all the blinds fell down...with cats pulling on them over time.

1 person likes this.
  14. AceK

you dont think flying a drone would be fun? You wouldnt have to spy on people to have fun with a drone.

15. Karen_J

Karen_J Visitor

How important is that, in the grand scheme of things? How many people should die for that right? How many people should be publicly humiliated by the photos?

16. deleted

deleted Visitor

we have to drive all the way to the state game lands near the star lake amphitheater to fly remote control planes. where the only legal rc plane airport is.

17. Moonglow181

no

1 person likes this.
  18. AceK

why not just ban cameras?

19. Moonglow181

People do not trespass onto private property with cameras in their hands looking into people's private doings.....
    Perhaps some peeping toms do....but most people do not do that, unless they are trying to get photos of the stars...but stars know that that is the price they are going to pay for being famous, too..
    and let us get something straight once and for all. i never a banned anything or ever asked anything or anyone get banned from anywhere....only from my own private world.

20. AceK

my point is only this: these things are machines. machines are not the problem. people are the problem (how they choose to use machines). never has a machine lied to, cheated, stolen from or harmed me in any way.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.