World's First 'weedery' To Open In Denver, Co

Discussion in 'Cannabis News' started by BongSolo, Aug 11, 2015.

1. BongSolo

BongSolo Members

You've heard of wineries and breweries but how would you like to take a tour through a weedery? The CEO of Green Man Cannabis has plans to open a $35 million weedery in Denver, CO with more to follow in other states.

2. soulcompromise

soulcompromise Member HipForums Supporter

Is this a risky endeavor? I wonder about the market for recreational use. It seems to get good reports. Hope it's successful for him. I think this sort of thing may already be common in places like Amsterdam, but I have never been there and don't really know. I am personally a medical cannabis user; as a patient I take only edibles because I don't smoke. I wonder if there is an issue about edibles in public places the same way there is about smokeables.

1 person likes this.
  3. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

I don't think I'd find that very interesting, unless they give out free weed. No free weed, no irminsul.

What's there to see anyway? Plants grow?

Botanical Gardens people!!!

2 people like this.
  4. Vanilla Gorilla

Vanilla Gorilla Go Ape

Seriously the worlds first?

I love how you americans think, its cute

The first was probably about 100,000 years ago

1 person likes this.
  5. Gongshaman

Gongshaman Modus Lascivious

You can't smoke the shit there so how is it a 'weedery'? It's just a place to buy weed that has a bar, restaurant and gift shop.

Lovely how these business want a piece of the legalized weed pie, selling weed at street prices.

It's cheaper to grow than tobacco for fucksake, it should be cheaper than tobacco!

2 people like this.
  6. unfocusedanakin

unfocusedanakin The Archaic Revival Lifetime Supporter

The tax on retail is way beyond any other product. It's like a morality tax because a lot of people still do not like it. The alcohol lobby also pushed hard for this tax. That is why I keep renewing my medical card. The sales tax on medical sales was not allowed to be excessive because it is medicine. But retail doubles the cost of an item. A $25 1/8th is 50 after tax. But there are plenty of tourists lining up to pay that. They just want to buy it legally. Locals do not go to those stores.

There is also a law that says what you buy at a weed store must be concealed in a bag. So you either bring your own or the shop charges you a few dollars for one. The labels can't be "kid friendly" either. People are convinced every year that edibles will be given out on Halloween and kids will get confused at other times of the year. Like an irresponsible parent will leave their candy out. Who is going to do that? A normal candy bar is cheap a medical edible is $10 or up to $30 or $40 for the strong ones that are several doses. You probably will not be getting kids high unless you are a bad person with lots of money.

I can buy liquor and walk down the street with it and the bottle does have be kid prof and I don't have to hide what it is. One could just unscrew the cap and get into it. But if a kid gets into your liquor you blame the parent not the product. I also think that is the morality issue. People have not accepted it yet.

4 people like this.
  7. Sleeping Caterpillar

Sleeping Caterpillar Members

I live in Denver and know many places where to get recreational 18$ 1/8ths with westword coupons. Or 25-30$ 1/8ths on normal including tax. You just can't go to the tourist designed shops
    Medical has the better deals with caregiving programs. One place used to give me monthly 8$ 1/8ths and always had daily deals like free joints or buy one get one free edibles

@OP the real interesting thing to be looking at is this ammendmant to allow public pot smoking. You'd be able to smoke outside in bars, coffee weed shops could open, lounges, etc.
    http://www.thecannabist.co/2015/06/17/denver-marijuana-public-consumption/36261/

1 person likes this.
  8. Gongshaman

I get it for 25 bucks an eight on the street, thats still way to fucking much.
    If it were legal on a federal level, RJ reynolds and the like would put everyone out of the pot business. They would have the best, grow in the rich soil of tobacco country and it would be so cheap it wouldn't even be worth it to grow your own.

1 person likes this.
  9. newbie-one

newbie-one one with the newbiverse

I would not go so far as to say you australians make sweeping generalizations based on scant evidence.

1 person likes this.
  10. BongSolo

BongSolo Members

You think someone was leading tourists on guided tours of a greenhouse 100,000 years ago? I'm not saying you're wrong, I'm just asking for further information.

1 person likes this.
  11. AceK

AceK Scientia Potentia Est

and one state over you go to prison for a relatively trivial amount of weed.

12. unfocusedanakin

unfocusedanakin The Archaic Revival Lifetime Supporter

Yeah Colorado is surrounded by very anti-weed states. Nebraska tried to sue Colorado over it because everyone was driving here for it. The whole thing was a good laugh for me. It's not my state's responsibility to worry about the laws you make.

13. BongSolo

BongSolo Members

LOL Yeah, the corn in Nebraska is more toxic than the weed in Colorado!

1 person likes this.
  14. deleted

deleted Visitor

tbh i find all the gfasination with the weed kinda boring now, only been smokng the shit for 31yrs

15. NoxiousGas

NoxiousGas Old Fart

RJ Reynolds already has an entire plan waiting in the wings for about a decade now, they just don't advertise the fact.
    Farmland, merchandise, ad campaigns, packaging, etc., etc., the whole ball of wax is ready to roll out when the laws make it financially feasible for them.

16. NoxiousGas

NoxiousGas Old Fart

:iagree:

41 years here :sifone:

1 person likes this.
  17. Gongshaman

Shit , I remember they had the packaging all ready made with weed graphics and everything back in the 70's even.

3 people like this.
  18. Gongshaman

Exactly, and I have a mental block when it comes to all the ridiculous names they have for weed now-a-days...Purple kush-a-ma diesel 47..
    Whatever, it's all gibberish to me. All I know is weeds too expensive and I miss Columbian gold! and Oaxacan gold, Michoacan, Guerrero, Jamaican, Black Afghani hash, Thai stick, etc

3 people like this.
  19. Mattekat

Mattekat Ice Queen of The North

A winery doesn't have to lead tourists on guided tours to be a winery, so I'm not sure why the same doesn't apply to a weedery. A more appropriate name for that would be weedyard anyways.

1 person likes this.
  20. Lynnbrown

Lynnbrown Firecracker

and in my state, SC, a 19 yr old white boy was killed by the popo during a (supposed) narcotic sting operation and all he had was 10 grams of weed. Claimed the kid was aiming the car toward him/in fear for his life...yet the kid was shot through his driver's open window in the back and under the arm. This happened in a Hardee's parking lot as the kid was backing out in a Honda....so you can imagine how fast he was going. :rolleyes:

The parents are doing their best to cause him and the popo that stand behind him a whole world of trouble. damn right

These backass sorry laws over a PLANT that is not even man-made make me sick and want to blow a fuse. :bomb:

But back to the subject, I'm hard pressed to believe I'd call this the world's 1st 'weedery'. lol

(edit:) the above event happened less than a month ago

2 people like this.
Tags: