Dxm Cough Gel Availability

Discussion in 'Pharmaceuticals' started by Aesthete, Jul 31, 2015.

1. Aesthete

Aesthete Member

Hi everybody,

So, I've been a DXM user for more than five years now. And for at least the last four years, I've preferred to use DXM cough gels exclusively. No syrup, no Delsym. But just in the last few weeks, I've happened to notice the local CVS, Rite Aid were lacking this product. It has become harder to find a CVS or Rite Aid that has them, perhaps because they've run out of them or because they're no longer selling them. I notice a new one on the shelf in these stores that consists of dextromethorphan with menthol. I'm not quite sure what they are, but in any case, it's only 5 mg of DXM per tablet, and they come in packs of sixteen. Obviously not enough for a trip. What's more telling is it seems the one Rite Aid I went to no longer has a spot for the gels. All this taken together, I starting to wonder if they're replacing this product.

I did venture into the grocery store and found they were still selling the regular Robitussin gels. A little more expensive, but I went with those since it seems I can't get the generic ones anymore!

Has anyone else noticed this? Does anyone know whether they are replacing this product or something?

Obviously, the DXM can still be found in the syrups, in Delsym, etc. I don't have as much of an interest in these. Drinking all that syrup has got to be unhealthy. And I've never even done a Delsym trip. And it's not at all practical for me to bother with extractions or anything like that.

I looked on the Robitussin website, and they're still showing the gels. Of course, they're showing all their usual products, but with the new one as well. I'd like to still be able to find it in grocery stores, at least, if I can't find the generic brand anymore.

My DXM use has never hurt anybody, and I'm actually a rather productive member of society. I'm "of age" and I know what I'm doing. I don't need anybody dictating what choices I make in with my life or with my body. Those are mine.

2. Sleeping Caterpillar

Sleeping Caterpillar Members

buy robotussin dxm only pills online like amazon.com they're real easy to find

most pharmacies seemed to have picked up on the trend, and i guess they never stopped dealing dylsum cause that's so hard to down anyways

3. AceK

AceK Scientia Potentia Est

well you can probably blame it on shoplifting ... product gets stolen too much and they either decide to lock it up or just stop carrying it. they also know its commonly abused product so that could have something to so with it or the combination of these two factors.

4. GeorgeJetStoned

GeorgeJetStoned Odd Member

This happened in the 80s when Dristan inhalers were adulterated to "prevent abuse" because they could so easily be cooked into "bathtub meth". All it did was cause people to switch to Benzedrex. For a while this was adequate for a speed freak like me. But then the Benzedrex inhalers became hard to find so I learned how to make meth another, more profound way.

All that happens when a source is removed is that people find another source. Laws are powerless against addiction. But, these laws enable the government to cash in on addiction. So they know very well what's happening. They don't REALLY try to "end" it. They just find news ways to squeeze a buck from it.

5. SnakeOilWilly

SnakeOilWilly Members

It is possible to covert dylsum into pure DXM. I think there's a thread on here about it or you could just google it. As for DXM cough gel my guess is it's just a shortage in your area. They still sell 'em near me.

6. SnakeOilWilly

SnakeOilWilly Members

I really don't want to do this dance, but what I mean is it's easy to do. all you need is dylsum, water, and some bottles. And no it doesn't tell me anything.