Once Upon A Time In America

Discussion in 'Classic Movies' started by Spagelo, Jul 31, 2015.

1. Spagelo

Spagelo Members

Once Upon a Time in America is a Sergio Leone (The Good, The Bad, and The Ugly; Once Upon a Time in the West, A Fistful of Dollars) film released in 1984. It is Sergio Leone's epic that tells a four decade story about a Jewish boy, David "Noodles" Aaronson, his four best friends, Maximilian, Dominic, Philip, Patrick, and his childhood sweetheart, Deborah. Living in the poverty-stricken Bronx during the years following the Great War, four young friends work for the neighborhood big-shot gangster, Bugsy, until an older boy, Maximilian "Max" Bercovicz convinces them to go into business for themselves. The gang continues to sell liquor until December 1933, and with the end of the prohibition just around the corner, the gang's financial success is in danger...

It's actually a hell of a lot more complicated than what I've described, but this is a movie you do NOT want spoiled.

10/10

Hellodave likes this.
  2. GeorgeJetStoned

GeorgeJetStoned Odd Member

It's a brilliant movie. I was amazed at what could be had for a pastry! In a word though, I'd call it Racy.