Paralyzed While Dreaming/awake

Discussion in 'Dreams' started by Metal Groomp, Jul 31, 2015.

1. Metal Groomp

Metal Groomp Members

So, a few nights ago, I had a dream (I think?) where I was just lying on the ground and I remember I couldn't move. I wanted to move my fingers so I tried but the thing was, I felt them moving but they actually weren't. At the same time, I couldn't distinguish between what was reality and what was a dream because at one point I remember being on my bed, in my room and got scared that I wasn't moving. Then the other part was that I was on the floor in a dream and felt something was going to kill me. It was such a terrifying feeling of not being able to move, not even my head and the thing was, I couldn't tell if I actually dreamt this or I was somewhat awake because I felt like I was.

I dunno, it was kinda weird.

2. YouFreeMe

YouFreeMe Visitor

What you experienced is called "sleep paralysis." Look it up, you'll probably feel better. It's fairly common, but none-the-less terrifying. I used to experience it quite a bit.

3. AceK

AceK Scientia Potentia Est

if you can get past the fear, it is very easy to turn these experiences into full blown lucid dreaming experiences.

4. themnax

themnax Senior Member

this is a fairly common experience with a fairly common physical explanation, that continues to come up periodically in this forum.