Turtle Island Anyone?

Discussion in 'Communal Living' started by FritzDaKatx2, Jul 27, 2015.

1. FritzDaKatx2

FritzDaKatx2 Vinegar Taster

Just spotted that they're looking for Interns, haven't heard any bad about the place and it seems like a good, well established setup that might be up someone's alley?

http://turtleislandpreserve.org/info/internships

2. snowtiggernd

snowtiggernd Member

Looks intetesting

3. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

Sooooo....

are there any turtles? :)

4. FritzDaKatx2

5. SpacemanSpiff

SpacemanSpiff Visitor

watch a bit of that show and youll quickly see that eustace conway is a complete moroon who cant do anything for himself

every single job they show is just him begging for help or pretending to be a know it all supervisor

he even misses a deer with his rifle and places all blame on a helper kid (who quickly gets booted)...what kind of moron doesnt sight in his own rifle?

/rant

6. Mattekat

Mattekat Ice Queen of The North

Yeah he kind of seems like one of those creepy cult leaders.

7. SpacemanSpiff

SpacemanSpiff Visitor

to me he seems more like one of those lazy assholes who figured a way to get other people working for him for free

another part of the show i thought was ridiculous is when they show him (supervising his neighbour harvesting some wood for eustace) and "chasing" some tresspassers....then next thing you know they are tresspassing on a neighbouring property snooping around and criticizing the people for cutting down trees to build a home (on their own land)

he seems to think he has all the right to do what he wants with his own land (but doesnt actually own it in the show and has to borrow to make tax payments) but his neighbours seem to not be allowed to do what they want because he doesnt approve lol...the guy is an idiot and I STRONGLY suggest anyone who even thinks of going there should do major research before heading out..i guess it would be okay for sheep types

of course im just going off the bits i see on tv and it could be edited to make him look like a turd ...

8. Mattekat

Mattekat Ice Queen of The North

Yeah, creepy cult leader.

9. scratcho

scratcho Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

"Respecting leadership and following directions?" But pass on the Cool-aid.

Is this supposed to be some kind of commune?

10. FritzDaKatx2

To some extent I'd consider it as such, maybe not in the same "free-spirited" manner we would like to find but for some who have little experience with as much as a wood axe it could be just the primer they need to learn from example then wash-rinse-repeat while smoothing out the rougher edges of His approach elsewhere?

Wouldn't say it's "Eden" but maybe a far cry from some of the Hellholes I've seen?
    At least they dont seem dependent on SSI and Food stamps for a "primary income"

The big plus as I see it, you can at least clearly see beforehand just how things are run as opposed to having months of discussions and planning that turn into more of a trap to get you on-site and run in circles doing pointless tasks or to be used as cheap labor for one's "Bank repo property maintenance crew",,,

1 person likes this.