Ann Rule Dies

Discussion in 'Random Thoughts' started by scratcho, Jul 27, 2015.

1. scratcho

scratcho Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

The noted crime writer was 84. I've read many of her books, mainly because it's fascinating what humans will do/have done to their fellow humans. One I read found me looking at the murder of someone I knew and I did not know how it happened until recently. It happened back in 72. There are other crime writers , but she was the most well known of them. She worked with Ted Bundy in Seattle and later after the freak was caught, she wrote about it-- -The Stranger Beside Me.

1 person likes this.
  2. drumminmama

drumminmama Super Moderator Lifetime Supporter

For those with a stomach for true crime, she was great. A fine researcher and her descriptions bothered me to the pit of my soul.

2 people like this.
  3. scratcho

scratcho Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

For sure dmama.She (and others who write true crime) take MOST of us into worlds we will never know. Or want to_Obviously, many live the horror of the warped humans that walk among us. And die for the misfortune of being in the wrong place at the right time. Many of her stories were of those people that thought they knew someone well enough to trust them. The Bundy types are just evil incarnate and usually keep killing until they're stopped by the law, die, or are incarcerated.

They're out there RIGHT NOW. It has been estimated that there are approximately 2 serial killers per state that free range around looking for opportunities to grab someone ---and that's it. Gone. men are of course, mostly to blame, but occasionally women--Aileen Wuornos for example,
    become serial killers , but that is an exception.

The last thing I tell any of my family when they are going somewhere is--KEEP YOUR EYES OPEN. They know what I mean. Never become oblivious
    to your surroundings. Look around--always. Check to see if someone is paying attention to you--a little too closely wherever you are. Don't have to be paranoid if you are prepared. Anyway--sorry she's gone.

1 person likes this.