How Do Your Soles Look?

Discussion in 'Barefoot' started by barefootrunner, Jul 27, 2015.

1. barefootrunner

barefootrunner Members

I've noticed, that many barefooters are more than ok if there feet get dirty over time. But there are also quit a few barefooters with lily white soles and are perfectly happy with them.

Myself, i love seeing my feet showing the wear and tear of everyday use. Its just part of being barefoot and it happens when being outside alot. My black soles, shows how much fun i had that day and are looking completely natural to me.

What are your thoughts, pale and shiny or black and dirty? (Or something else :)

1 person likes this.
  2. bft4evr

bft4evr Senior Member

When I'm out and about its quite alright if they get dirty. Its bound to happen. But once I get home I wash them, I don't like tracking all that dirt around the house.

3. Barefoot Guy

Barefoot Guy Member

I let my feet be as they are. If they get filthy black (which they usually are) from barefooting about the streets, stores, etc. they stay that way. Every person's skin is different in how it reacts/adapts to the environment to which it is exposed. Some stay black, others not so much. Some get calloused, others uniformly tough like leather and some stay soft and all can easily withstand heat, gravel, glass shards, etc. I've dated barefoot women who've had all three types of soles.

4. Shakti_Om

Shakti_Om Local Pixie

I don't really think about it. White, dirty, doesn't matter as long as I don't have to wear the damned shoes :)

Shayla x

2 people like this.
  5. Mattekat

Mattekat Ice Queen of The North

I love when my feet get dirty!

DirtyFeetlover likes this.
  6. deleted

deleted Visitor

dog hair furry, black and tan oily, grassy, sandy, saw-dusty......

7. xenxan

xenxan Visitor

Natural dirty is cool. Although I am not a fan of Shop or public toilet "dirty." I cringe when my feet hit the store floors,it is an unnatural feeling. There is time for barefeet and sometimes you just have to wear some sorta covering

8. Vanilla Gorilla

Vanilla Gorilla Go Ape

Seriously is this really a thing?

You dont think there is some underlying foot fetish driving this whole thing?

Who cares what the soles of peoples feet look like

9. Mattekat

Definitely no foot fetishes here. I had a horrible foot phobia most of my life (the thought of bare feet used to make me physically ill) and still reallllllllly don't like other people's feet. I have been enjoying barefooting though, for health reasons mostly, and now that I'm doing it I think it's cool when my feet are dirty at the end of the day. You can sort of tell where I've been when you look at them.

1 person likes this.
  10. Ashalicious

Ashalicious Senior Member

I've got a nice case of summer foot right now. A bit of dirt, lots of callouses. I got a pedicure a few weeks ago so my nails look nice though.

1 person likes this.
  11. M_Ranko

M_Ranko Straight edge xXx

Outdoors, dirt is not much of an issue, because it's pretty much unavoidable anyway that your feet get filthy. But I definitely prefer to keep mine clean. A lot of the things that I step on I do not wanna drag inside the house. Walking on snow is pretty rewarding in that sense. It saves you the trouble of foot wash, when all that sticks to your feet just melts right off.

12. I'minmyunderwear

I'minmyunderwear Newbie

i can't imagine where you're going that you can tell that. when my soles get dirty, they turn black. period. it doesn't matter where i walk that dirty my feet, they end up black no matter what.

right now they're a pleasant flesh color though. i took a shower earlier and i've been inside since then, so they've stayed nice and clean.

13. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

I shower and bathe on the daily so I think my feet are quite clean. :)

14. Mattekat

Mine don't get black all the time sometimes they are brown, sometimes they are grey from dusty, rocky places, sometimes they are black (but not as often), sometimes they have green grass smudges on them and sometimes they are speckled with sticky tar-like bits.

1 person likes this.
  15. barefootrunner

barefootrunner Members

Different views all together, and also for the cleaning perspective.
    Just for the record, it's not a fetish for me. It is however a part of being barefoot i enjoy, same as i enjoy feeling all those different undergrounds.
    Since i walk so much without shoes, my own soles are seldom 'clean'.
    When i spend some time on the beach a couple weeks back, i was suprised to see my feet, perfectly clean! It just didn't looked...right.

16. rol the sole

rol the sole Member

I must admit I like it when my soles get black but it doesn't happen all of the time. Sometimes I can be out for half an hour and they are filthy. Other times I can be out for 10 hours and they are quite clean - a light brown or grey. Warm days my feet tend to get dirty very quickly - I suppose the sweat from your soles picks up the dirt. Interesting shops,especially supermarkets, which are supposed to be clean arn't. Wander round a supermarket for 10mins and your soles will be black.
    Clean or dirty - doesn't matter as long as I don't have anything on them.

2 people like this.
  17. charlie35

charlie35 Member

I WANT to agree with those who can't believe this is an issue. As long is one is free of the dreaded shoes, who cares! However, if I'm honest I love having black soles as a badge of honour, and get annoyed when a few minutes on wet grass restores them to pristine clean condition.

3 people like this.
  18. I'minmyunderwear

I'minmyunderwear Newbie

i suppose black soles are better than a black soul...

19. barefootrunner

barefootrunner Members

I agree with you Charlie35, it shouldn't matter how your soles or feet for that matter look. But it does and i'm interested in the why :)
    It's not the same for everybody. But it is noticed, that people who do like their soles to be dark, it is also a badge of honour like you said.
    Your feet showing that you're a true barefooter can be a pretty sight. And for me also a perfectly naturally sight. I really dislike those pristine soles. But not carrying shoes is the main thing of course ;)

3 people like this.
  20. Karen_J

Karen_J Visitor

It varies quite a bit and I usually don't care at all, as long as the dirt stays on the bottom, where it belongs.

Nearly all my shoes have a dark footprint inside, which a few other women have noticed and questioned.

3 people like this.