Cheap Ass Family Members

Discussion in 'All in the Family' started by msveryberry, Jul 20, 2015.

1. msveryberry

msveryberry Members

this is a rant.

I live with my husband and daughter on the first floor (we moved in a yr ago) and my husbands dad, non blood related secnd cousin lives upstairs with her two grown children - 18 & 21. Its hot as fck today and the only source of cool air is the central air system. Theyre so cheap the air ducts have probably not been cleaned since they bought the house 20 yrs ago, nevermind the filter because thats definitely never been changed. I turn on the central air in the morning and it is stilllll 80 degrees in the house in the evening. They come home around 10/11pm and leave the air on for a little bit. When it hits 1am or something like that they turn that shit off. it pisses me the fck off! I have a 9m old daughter whos sweating and wont sleep. its now 4am. I am pissssssedddd offfffff!! So I went upstairs and turned that shit back on. I need to get us a fcking air conditioner because this sharing bullshit is NOT working for me. THEY ARE SOOOOO CHEAPPPPPPP!!!! & my husbands cheap as fck too but when it comes to his own shit, he decides its a worthy purchase. Hes like its not hot, Im fine, you just have to relax. easy for him to say when hes not the one holding a sweating, fidgeting, crying baby trying to make her sleep among other baby duties and hes just playing fcking diablo. ugh I am so irritated.

I need to move the fck out. The worst thing about living with family members is living with family members. & his dad is so fcking annoying. Hes always bitching about something. And my mother in law is worst. She is full of shit. She goes on and on and on about nonsense!!! Even things that matter its like I have to sit through her complaining and her fucking bullshit. Shes pretty fucking cheap too. His whole family is cheap but when it comes to showing off, theyre all for it. I miss my family. They are not cheap at all. They will spend money to feel better and for a worthy reason. and there is AC in every single room of my parents house including the living room (which is huge and blasts throughout the first floor).

This downgrade has pissed me off to the next level.

2. r0llinstoned

r0llinstoned Gute Nacht, süßer Prinz

I once was working in a store and during summer one year the air conditioner broke for like 2 months. When they finally fixed it the workers said the theromstat was at 86 degrees. And it was about 105 degrees outside but we would have to go outside to get relief lol. it was aweful. I feel your pain. It sucks when ur sweating at like 3am uncomfortable as fuck

3. rollingalong

rollingalong Banned

great rant.....bad in laws.....I would start by youtubing the make of the air conditioner and seeing how incredibly easy it is....you wont even have to put the baby down.....

4. Meliai

Meliai Banned

I hate being hot but in all fairness you're living with them. Offer to pay to have the duct work cleaned yourself, or buy a window unit.

1 person likes this.
  5. SpacemanSpiff

SpacemanSpiff Visitor

yeah ,,sounds like they own the house so they have a right to do what they want

if youre paying rent check the contract

if you dont have a contract/lease then youre shit out of luck

6. deleted

deleted Visitor

go buy a window unit and keep your own room cool.

7. Mattekat

Mattekat Ice Queen of The North

Maybe they have to be cheap because everyone is living in their damned house. If a bunch of useless kids and their kids were living off of me I probably wouldn't turn on my air conditioner either. Also, they do turn it on, it sounds like they turn it off at night because normally it is a bit cooler at night. Most people do that, or at least turn it down at night, not only to save money but for the environment too.

There is a huge difference between cheap and poor. Cheap people wouldn't be letting everyone live with them. Would you like them to leave the air conditioner on all night and potentially miss a mortgage payment instead because they had a bigger electric bill? You could be on the streets right now, but you aren't, so I would get over it.

I'm sure it does suck when you have to deal with a baby and a lazy husband in the heat, but that was the most spoiled rant I have heard in a while. Go back home to mommy and daddy if you can't handle it.

1 person likes this.
  8. deleted

deleted Visitor

turning off the Ac will just make it run harder when it is turned on. I can listen to some peoples units outside and tell they have an over(load) on it. they never cycle off .. Its more reasonable to leave it on. whether the night is cooler or not. the level of humidity could make it uncomfortable even if the temperatures are low 70s upper 60s.
    Ac is not only cooling the home its removing moisture within the dwelling. if there are any window open allowing outside air in, it will run and run and run.. very bad for machine .

9. Ashalicious

Ashalicious Senior Member

Do you have any ice packs in the house? Can you wrap one in a towel and use it to cool your baby's skin? The soft, squishy ice packs might work best.

10. deleted

deleted Visitor

ice packs can cause cryogenic burns ..

11. Mattekat

She said wrap it in a towel. She wasn't suggesting putting it directly on the baby's skin...

12. deleted

deleted Visitor

[​IMG]

2 people like this.
  13. Wizardofodd

Wizardofodd Senior Member

My son is 20, he lives at home for free and doesn't complain to me about shit. He knows he has it good and he will gladly help me out with anything around here that I ask him to do.

That being said....I may be a little frugal but I'm not cheap and I have central AC for a reason! But having my daughter and one of my sons at home is one thing....having their SO's, kids, etc. is something totally different. They won't ask to do that. I like things to be a certain way and that is mellow and not crowded. I think my sons have reached the age that they understand how much shit I've had to deal with while raising them and they kind of feel bad about it. So now they're making it up to me. My daughter isn't to that age yet but she almost never pisses me off. She knows that she's my favorite person in the world and she's seen me come un-freaking-glued on those boys so many times when they were teenagers that she's just like....eh...he's always cool to me...I'm not going to do anything to piss him off.

14. msveryberry

msveryberry Members

First of all, we do pay rent. we pay $1000 for our floor plus his fathers room upstairs. Which I found out today the air is in fact "broken" because they have never cleaned the damn vents or the central air system that is planted outside the house. His cousins kids may be lazy but that doesnt mean everyone should suffer from heat when there is a usable appliance installed around the entire house. I feel bad for your children having to deal with your mindset.

some cheap people do things out of pride not kindness.

I have been spoiled with air conditioning since I was a kid, thanks to my loving parents. We didnt always have ac around the entire house, it was only in my parents room and my two sisters and i slept there with them because we had to share. I was fine with that. Things got better and we eventually got ac all around the house. I would love to go back to live with my mom and dad but the house isnt big enough for my new family; husband and daughter. Which is fine. As stated previously, we will purchase a window unit or move out when we can. Thank god.

Update: Today was also hot as fuck. I turned on the central air at 10am. It was 83degrees still around 4. We went outside to the yard and it was MUCH breezier than inside even though it was 94degrees. So spoiled or not, I personally LOVE to BLAST the shittttt out of my ac.

15. Wizardofodd

If you're paying $1000 a month to live there....expecting AC isn't unreasonable at all. I would probably move. I don't know where you live but I live in a pretty nice, almost brand new (remodeled) 2 story, 3 BR house with a big yard in a very nice neighborhood and my payment isn't anywhere close to $1000/mo. But I don't live in NYC or anywhere like that. I live in a very affordable part of the country.

16. Tyrsonswood

Tyrsonswood Senior Moment Lifetime Supporter

I hate AC...

17. Wizardofodd

Shocking! ;)

18. I'minmyunderwear

I'minmyunderwear Newbie

people are so fucking spoiled with their AC these days, it's like living in temperatures that everyone lived in for the entire duration of human history is suddenly physically impossible. open a window and buy a fan, jesus.

in my life, i've had AC for about 3 years. or maybe 6, i'm honestly not sure if my one apartment had it or not. point is, i've only used it 2 or 3 days ever. fresh air with air flow is much more comfortable anyway. close the curtains in the morning, turn on the window fan at night.

2 people like this.
  19. deleted

deleted Visitor

dirty vent would cause the A-coil to clog up with dust, eliminating air flow. simple task that most call a professional for. here's what you do.

watch a video.. enjoy.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JKMBto0ZVJk

1 person likes this.
  20. Mattekat

I don't have kids and if you want to clean it so you can use it why don't you?

Paying rent is a different story, so I do take back part of what I said. I am sorry about that. The cost of living must be really high where you are, or they are ripping you off, because 1000 seems like a lot to me.

I also had central air growing up in my parents house but when I moved I didnt miss it much. It's abut 36c here right now (I think that's like 98f) and I have no AC. Don't get me wrong, AC would be fucking awesome right now.

I would try the ice pack in a towel idea. I fell asleep cradling a cold beer can the other night and I slept like a baby. The ice pack should work even better! I would tie the ice pack into the towel with some string or yarn though, not just wrap it, so that your baby can't get into it or anything.