Light Meat, Or Dark Meat?

Discussion in 'The Hip Polls' started by OnaQuestfortheD, Jul 18, 2015.

1. Mattekat

Mattekat Ice Queen of The North

Yep. That's about right.

Also meliai, I agree; black skinned people, to the point of almost looking blue, are soooooo hot!

2. Jenny40

Jenny40 Members

You know what they say about people who use aimed insults in discussions... And you should never use the same one twice in the same discussion if you need to resort to them.

On the contrary, I am not offended at the remarks, I'm just fed up of seeing information posted as fact, when it is indeed not so.

Here is an example from you.

"Yes, European beauty standards happened because there were mostly white ladies there for a long time, but this isn't the case anymore"

Well, only 4% of the EU population is non-European. That leaves 96%. I think that constitutes 'mostly'. And I believe something like only 14% are historically from ethnic minorities. I guess 86% constitutes 'mostly' too.

And then you fail to address my comment that read : What about other areas of the world? Do you think beauty ideals reflect the majority of the population 'look"? Did it not suit your argument to mention that?

What I am saying is that this beauty ideal is not a phenomenon of Europe (or North America). The beauty ideal around the world is subject to so many factors and to single out racism is just plain silly. That is not to say racism does not exist, of course it does, but to use it as a blanket term (and not just in this context), is in my personal opinion, just plain lazy.

I work for a large ad agency. Our clients span the globe. We are acutely aware of how regional differences shape our work and end piece.

3. Mattekat

Many other areas of the world actually ascribe to the europesn standard of beauty, and thats what they call it there too. In Asia where they get eyelid surgery it is to look more like the European standard of beauty. Same for skin bleaching almost anywhere. I am just stating facts. Congrats on your ad agency but that doesn't make you an expert on this shit. I majored in anthropology and minored in sociology, so im not just pulling things out of my ass here.

I never said there weren't other factors in beauty standards, but the European standard of beauty is something women around the world see and it is kind of racist. No one said it was only racist and nothing else.

And in europe (not just the eu) it seems that minorities make up about 14% of the population. That is a significant number of women who get told by the media that they don't look right somehow. At least to me it is.

Also panties in a bunch is not a huge insult or anything. You seriously need to get over yourself.

4. Meliai

Meliai Banned

wait, jenny you're in advertising and you don't understand how the white standard of beauty is pushed on people of other cultures and ethnicities?

5. Meliai

Meliai Banned

pick up a vogue magazine and flip through the ads sometimes.

6. Mattekat

The problem is that ad agencies push this standard of beauty without even realising it. Maybe some realize it, but the one jenny works for clearly doesnt. All their research on how to market to different people is based on what will sell, not what is good to sell or good for society as a whole.

7. Jenny40

Jenny40 Members

"Many other areas of the world actually ascribe to the europesn standard of beauty, and thats what they call it there too. In Asia where they get eyelid surgery it is to look more like the European standard of beauty".

Where is your research to backup this idea that European standards are being, in effect, 'forced' on the peoples of the world? And don't post some link to another CNN news report as proof. It was just another media story. For every one you pull out about Europe, I can pull two for North America, or some other region of the world. If you are indeed a major in anthropology you'll be aware of the need for the rigours of good cited research.

"I majored in anthropology and minored in sociology, so im not just pulling things out of my ass here".

To be honest, you could have majored out of the best Ivy League as top of year. That unfortunately proves nothing. I have interviewed people with impressive CV's, who turned out to be, well let's say, duds in real life.

"I never said there weren't other factors in beauty standards, but the European standard of beauty is something women around the world see and it is kind of racist".

Ah, so you see a 'beauty ideal' and it therefore makes it racist. Or kind of racist. What is kind of racist? Kind of racist doesn't exist does it. You either are, or you're not. There is no kind of - and that from someone who has a minor in sociology! Really. Is it racist if the (generally) women actually like what they see? What if they want to look that way for no other reason than they actually like how they will look? Now, don't get me wrong, I am totally against people having cosmetic surgery or doing anything to change their natural look (disfigurement issues aside). Like I said, it is nothing short of lazy to clump it together under the banner of racism. It is what the media like to do to sell their 'news' content, and people sadly lap it up like it is the total truth and never take the time to look beyond Fox, CNN et al.

"No one said it was only racist and nothing else".

Well, yes they did, and it is what prompted my reply to their post in the first place. Nothing other than that.

"And in europe (not just the eu) it seems that minorities make up about 14% of the population. That is a significant number of women who get told by the media that they don't look right somehow. At least to me it is".

That is an interesting change of direction. Do you work for a media outlet, because that is one of the oldest tricks in the book :)) You actually said that in earlier times Europe was mostly Caucasian, but now that is not the case. I say 86% is still 'mostly' Caucasian. That is a fact, not something dished up by CNN.

"Also panties in a bunch is not a huge insult or anything. You seriously need to get over yourself".

I'm really sorry to disappoint you, but I am really not having knicker twist problems at all :)) I think you're probably still a bit young. As you get older and mature a little, you will understand that knickers and twisting are little digs that really are quite meaningless in an adult discussion.

8. Mattekat

I already told you I'm tired of doing your research for you. You haven't backed any of the shit you have said up either, so no finger pointing lady. It's clear you are determined to oppose this no matter what the evidence or who agrees with me, so that's cool. You're silly. And if it's so meaningless I adult conversation why did it bother you so much?

9. Meliai

Meliai Banned

jenny stop being obtuse and just google Asian eyelid surgery or African American skin bleaching or hair relaxation.....oorrrrrr just visit a natural hair forum for black women and see first hand accounts of how black women feel the white beauty ideal is pushed upon them.

10. Mattekat

I'll try one more stab at explaining it, then I'm out. Let's make this much much much simpler. European standard of beauty means skinny white lady, not because Europeans are pushing this forcibly on anyone, but because around the world a skinny white lady HAS become the the standard of beauty and skinny white ladies originally came from europe. It's like saying I want a "European look", not Europeans are making me want to look like this.

White people came from europe originally. this is pretty much all the European standard of beauty means.

11. Jenny40

Jenny40 Members

So, I was right all along. It isn't racist at all.

12. Mattekat

Lmao. It is, Europeans arent. Well not all of them anyways.

1 person likes this.
  13. Mattekat

You are missing the point so very much. It's hard to tell if you are trolling at this point or not. I'm out though, like I said. There is clearly no point in furthering this.

14. ElEyeJaw

ElEyeJaw Banned

Who says it's about racism? If you ask people all over the world? You'd get a LOT of willing confessions about how they think fairer complected women are prettier, which is why overseas, the price of white prostitutes fetches higher prices. I'd say there is something objective about that. A lot of white women get talked into going over to Middle Eastern countries and letting the well to do men over there defile them in ways I'd rather not go into detail about. To me that suggests there is something equally ugly about these women in question, as well as the men who offer financial incentives for such. As far as black women bleaching their skin goes, Jay Z's flake of a wife is known to do this, while going around claiming to be proud of being black, she's obviously conflicted.

15. Laci

Laci Members

Mmm, being pansexual, it's not about the physical traits such as race, it's about their personality more for me.

Mia Khalifa has a special place in my heart, as do a lot of arab-Lebanese women. I definitely have a soft spot for a short thick latina.

I've found myself physically attracted to a few african american, african, or black individuals, but not often. Just not my cup of tea.

What I look for in a potential female would be a great personality, but physically I like a girl who is a healthy weight, thick thighs with a nice round butt, C+ breasts, and a pretty face. Nice hair is an absolute.

In a male, I look for someone who is 5'10-6+ feet. I'm not really into muscles. I like a guy who has tattoos, perhaps a piercing or two, and especially a beard. I like guys who dress in a dapper-mature way, that's a huge turn-on.

1 person likes this.
  16. Mattekat

Edit: I don't know what happened. Suddenly I quoted everything by accident.

17. themnax

themnax Senior Member

as long as it isn't glow in the dark meat.

18. *Mia*

*Mia* Members

I'm equally attracted to people with different skin color.

19. luv88

luv88 Members

Lol! Actually I think, so do I)

20. magickman

magickman Supporters HipForums Supporter

I've always preferred dark meat.