Jehovah's Promise Of A Paradise Earth

Discussion in 'Sanctuary' started by thefutureawaits, Jul 13, 2015.

1. Pieceofmyheart

Pieceofmyheart Grumpy old bitch HipForums Supporter

All I am going to say....for now, lol. When someone does not have the same faith you do, and when you say something that comes from your faith. People with no faith seem to get angry. Like posts on here, if someone mentions their Christianity or whatever....people have to make smart ass comments, poke fun...be nasty. Why is that? It's an odd phenomenon for sure.

If you have no faith....ok...but you do not have to put those down that do. I am quite sure there are things you buy into and believe about your life, this earth...that others would find absurd also. Actually I have seen threads by people that I though was pure nonsense...yes even by those who feel such anger and hatred to anything "religious".

Why not live and let live...and respect others even if they are different than you?

2 people like this.
  2. Asmodean

Asmodean Slo motion rider

I completely agree ^

It is just so that he made posts that made me reach the conclusion he is most likely trolling. Like he had accounts where he posted as a completely different person (def. not a jehova's withness). Just because I do not dig certain parts of the JW doctrine at all, does not change that I take it very seriously that others stigmatize them or even go out of their way to act like them. I mean they get bad rep enough (most often by people who don't know much about them in the first place). When someone poses as one and consistently focusses on this prophecy that is certain the majority on here have a negative stance against I just feel like pointing out what he seems to be doing.

Anyway, check the last post he made (in another thread) before he posted in this one again (which is technically his full right of course). He also went out of his way to PM me when he left to say it was final. Now he's doing the same thing allover again. So I hope you understand where I'm coming from with my former reaction :)

People that refuse to acknowledge and/or see anything positive at all in religions are of course kind of extremist (at least in thought) and biased themselves.

3. Pieceofmyheart

^^^ I don't know anything about that.

"People that refuse to acknowledge and/or see anything positive at all in religions are of course kind of extremist (at least in thought) and biased themselves." EXACTLY!!

I do however see exactly what I said. And it does seem to be most of the same folks that are so angry about anyone's faith that I can feel it their anger/fear through the computer. I don't agree with a whole lot of things people post on here, but I generally do not poke fun at their lifestyles they way they do those of faith. It is simply disrespectful, hateful and shows me they are very fearful of something.

Why would someone's else's faith disturb you so much? How do you like it when someone puts your core beliefs about your life down in such a hate filled way instead of trying to understand where you are coming from?

Here's just a few examples:

I am not vegetarian, but I most certainly am an animal lover. I find strict veggies ridiculous, their premise stupid and uneducated. But I do not make hateful posts in their meatless threads. If they feel that way, they feel that way. I also do not call their cookbooks silly names.

I do not believe in free sex, threesomes, orgies or those in a relationship not being monogamous. But there are a lot of folks here that do. I may post that's not for me...but I do not put them down, call them ignorant or nasty names.

I am not gay. But I do not call gays names, put them down or think bad about them. I also would not call them names, make fun of their lifestyle or disrespect their decisions.

So, why can't you do the same?

4. Asmodean

Most people for who this counts seem to equate any kind of faith with blind faith. This while the specific addition blind already makes clear that it is not the only kind of faith out there :p I can see the issue people have with blind faith but they often wrongly project it on a generalized group, even when it is based on a real life example. Faith is closely connected to trust and hope and it is often not acted upon in such an unreasonable way as anti faith people like to portray it.

5. Pieceofmyheart

BTW, Asmo...I wasn't meaning YOU when I posted, "Why would someone's else's faith disturb you so much?" I mean those who seem to be so disturbed by it.

6. Asmodean

Didn't took that part personally :) As I am clearly not disturbed by faith (in general) and people who have it. I just like to explain myself... often overly or without other people asking for it :p

1 person likes this.
  7. Pieceofmyheart

There are several ignorant, hate filled posts in this thread.....

8. NoxiousGas

NoxiousGas Old Fart

@ thefutureawaits

Who/what is Jesus?

9. Pieceofmyheart

Who/what are you? me? any of these creatures we call human beings?

10. Asmodean

He's asking it with a particular reason. I would not go out of my way to defend this OP Piece. Or to use him as an example of a victim of religious (or any other kind of) intolerance.

Because of my personal conviction about the OP I am strongly inclined to believe this post:

is just made to trigger a-sympathetic reactions (I am aware I am one of the main persons who is giving him what he wants atm, which is negative attention :p). It is insincere. A troll post. Even if someone would sincerely believe that statement they would not come back after months to post just that in order to bring a point or message across. Think about it. He's stigmatizing people by posing as one of them. Even a JW would realize this is not a constructive approach to garner interest in their religion (which is after all their main reason for coming to people and evangelize: to share 'the good message').
    Jehovah's witnessess are not retarded. They know how to bring a message across.

If I was talking to a real JW I would share my thoughts on the exact content of that quote. Now I don't see the point.

11. NoxiousGas

NoxiousGas Old Fart

yes, there is a very specific reason I ask this and it is one way to send JW's running from your front porch.
    if I get a reply from the OP, I will elaborate.

12. Asmodean

Best way to get a JW from your front porch is of course to simply ask them to leave ;)

13. Pieceofmyheart

Yep...just say I appreciate your convictions but I am really not interested, I have convictions of my own. Have a wonderful day. Then shut the door. Easy peasy. Funny but even JW are human beings....imagine that!

14. Asmodean

I had a JW in my class when I studied for becoming a history teacher. I hope he got his degree because he showed to be an excellent high school history teacher (unlike myself, I lack patience and authority :p), he was especially good at storytelling while really keeping those nasty teens' attention :D. I feel very lucky with my diverse experiences with different kinds of religious people. Others who seems to have a onesided experience with religious folks unfortunately come to the weirdest conclusions about religious folks in general.

1 person likes this.
  15. BlackBillBlake

BlackBillBlake resigned HipForums Supporter

Weirdly co-incidental that I had them round knocking just a couple of days ago (yes, I was polite in my dismissal of them). I've lived here now for about 2 years, and it's never happened before.

Even more curious, the very next day the local vicar knocked to ask if I'd like the local Anglican church to pray for me. Again, a first.

Again, I was polite and took the card to write my prayer intentions on. Turns out, you can also ask them to pray on their website, so I asked them to pray for peace on earth.
    I expect they do that already. And much as I have to admire the effort, I doubt much in the way of quick results will come.

16. Asmodean

I am certain praying for peace on earth on itself doesn't hurt the cause :p

17. Gongshaman

Gongshaman Modus Lascivious

I know, right? I always felt sorry for the JW kids I went to elementary school with. They had to put their heads down between their arms on the desk during any events like Christmas, Easter, St Paddys day, or any other silly holiday we might be celebrating in no other way except making craftpaper ornaments or what-not and having koolaid and cookies. I was told they weren't allowed to participate because of their religious beliefs. That was obviously really great for building a healthy academic social life {rolls eyes} Not surprisingly, later in Highscool a lot of the JW (and Mormon) kids, the ones that weren't complete anti-social introverts anyway, ended up being some of the worst over-the-top drug and alcohol abusers as well.

To each their own? Pfft, I call that shit child abuse.

18. Gongshaman

Gongshaman Modus Lascivious

Neither does playing tiddly-winks for peace on earth...:-b

19. BlackBillBlake

I suppose if everyone did it at the same time, the goal would be achieved at least for a few minutes.

1 person likes this.
  20. BlackBillBlake

Same would hold true there.