I Want To Punch My Mother In The Face

Discussion in 'All in the Family' started by OnaQuestfortheD, Jul 13, 2015.

1. OnaQuestfortheD

OnaQuestfortheD Neither Hip nor For 'em

Yeah, yeah, it's an old cliche that you've all probably heard a billion times by now: "All my mother does is nag, nag, nag!" But I'm not just being a whiny spoiled brat here. This woman I must live with, who happens to be my mother, is the most intolerable human being I have ever met. She always has to get on my fucking case about shit, and the ways she goes about "motivating" me to be productive are as irrational as they come. Take, for example, my endless search for a job, that has yielded NOTHING in the past few years since I quit working at a hell-on-earth giant retail company. I understand that getting a job is imperative to bettering my life, and taking responsibility as an adult. But this bitch, she always has to treat me like I'm some kind of retard. She belittles and insults me for all the years of failed attempts at getting a job, despite the fact that I've applied to HUNDREDS of different places, and it's not my fault that no one is hiring. When I try to express how getting a job isn't as easy as a snap of the fingers, she starts SCREAMING at me at the top of her lungs. I don't know how her parents raised her, to make her think that shouting at people is how to solve all of her problems, but that's how this bitch's warped mind seems to think things work. She does more than simply nag; she insults, she condescends, and when she doesn't get her way, she reasons that it's simply because her voice isn't raised loud enough. Trying to live with someone like that... is a heavy burden on my sanity. I can't reason with her, she refuses to see things from my perspective, or even talk rationally with me. She's ALWAYS right, and all her screaming only breaks my nerves and before I know it I'm shouting right back at her. We can't afford family counseling, and even if we could, I'm convinced that she wouldn't agree to it, because that would imply that she isn't PERFECT in every way. I just don't know how much longer I can last before I strangle this bitch to death, mother or not... >_<
    Just know, that I never wanted any of this. I want to support her, as she has supported me my whole life. But I cannot live like this. It's too much for me to deal with anymore.

2. scratcho

scratcho Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

What happens to you is not as important as how you react to it. Some "events" in life need to be shed like water off a ducks back simply because they are not healthy for anyone involved. You have described her behavior as you see it. Get yourself gone and live your life as you wish and let her do the same. Life is too short to be as mad as you are. On the other hand--life is too long to be as mad as you are.

3. rollingalong

rollingalong Banned

you've been out of a job for years?

you live at home

i'd say its you who deserves a punch in the face.....no one believes that garbage about nobody hiring....you live in jersey and not some rural farm state where there isn't industry with a natural turnover of jobs

who fuckin cares you don't love working at a corporate giant

suck it up junior...you are failing big time

you are lucky mommy hasn't thrown you out on the curb

even retarded people can get jobs

4. Ashalicious

Ashalicious Senior Member

Have you ever put yourself in your mothers shoes, and thought "Hey, maybe my mom is frustrated for having to look after my 26 year old dead-beat ass?".

Give the poor woman a break. You're 26 and she is still supporting you. If that was the case for me, I know for a fucking fact my mom would be on my case ALL THE TIME. Hell, I had to move home when I was 27 for a little while, and even though I WAS working full time, my mom was still on my case a bit.

From what I know about you, you just expect things to be handed to you when in reality, you need a full on attitude adjustment.

And you've also suggested that you don't actually WANT to work, so don't give me this "I cant find a job anywhere" hogwash.

5. NoxiousGas

NoxiousGas Old Fart

:bigcry:

1 person likes this.
  6. deleted

deleted Visitor

I hear Trump Plaza is hiring....

7. audrey_the_endotherm

audrey_the_endotherm Members

Are you really 26, and this is how you talk about your mother? I expect a post like this from a 13 year old. I am on mom's side with this one, and I don't think she's tough enough with you. She needs to throw you out so you can experience how life is without mommy's love and support.

8. OnaQuestfortheD

Wow, and here I thought the members of these forums would be kind and compassionate. Because insults and mocking are REALLY going to help me, right? I'm really disappointed in most of you. At least scratcho is able to give real insightful advice without acting like a complete douchebag. And orison, I'll look into Trump Plaza. Thank you. :)

9. deleted

deleted Visitor

They are tough love people...

Its not like they dont care..

10. Ashalicious

You think I'm going to be compassionate after the things you said about your MOTHER? Sorry, in my family, the motto always was "You only have ONE mother, so you better take care of her".

3 people like this.
  11. Laci

Laci Members

We are tough-love people. We'll offer you advice, but we're going to be honest.

I've given you several resources before this, have you looked into them or put in the effort to contact them? You're from Jersey, there's got to be SOMEONE hiring whether it's at McDonalds, a shopping mall, etc. You're 26, it's time to find a job (whether you like it or not, but hopefully one you come to like) and buck up and deal with it. Very few people truly love their job. If you're 26 and still living at home, you definitely want to broaden your horizons.

Go to college, take some more classes on marketable skills, find a job (gas stations, grocery stores, malls, etc etc etc), and then find a passion. But please, please, please, do not speak of your mother in that way. She may yell, scream, and nag, but she's your mom and she brought you into this Earth. If that alone doesn't give you some respect for her, I don't know what will.

Go to the Job Corp website, give them a call and say, "Hey, I'm 26 and looking for a program similar to this since I'm too old for this program, can you help me find resources?"

If you look for resources, they are out there. You just have to be willing to look.

12. Karen_J

Karen_J Visitor

There may not be any good jobs out there, but there are always bad jobs available. You may need to take one that's a lot worse than the one you quit.

Maybe a few nights in a homeless shelter would help you with your priorities.

You and I should be happy that we got good ones. Not all are deserving of respect. My mother-in-law is one of those moms who doesn't meet the minimum standard.

So, I'm siding against both sides in the OP's dispute. There seems to be plenty of blame to go around.

3 people like this.
  13. OnaQuestfortheD

Laci, I did fill out some sort of application form online for Job Corps a few days ago, it said I'd be contacted by them soon. Still waiting on that. Karen, thank you for pointing out that not all "mothers" are good ones! So many people just spout these same old cliches, "Always respect your mother", when they don't know SHIT about how some mothers treat their own children! I may not have it as bad as some kids do with their moms, but I imagine I could also have it better, too... I just want my mom to care about how I feel, is that so much to ask?

1 person likes this.
  14. Karen_J

Karen_J Visitor

Oh god, I could write pages about things that my husband's mother has done to mistreat him for no good reason; just the stuff that I've seen myself. Growing up in a more average, normal home, I had no clue about such things. And some have had it a lot worse than him, having parents with very serious mental and emotional disorders, and/or criminal behavior.

But, I was dead serious about lowering your standards. You've been out of work too long. Night shifts, dirty jobs, dangerous jobs... Who do you think does that kind of work? People who can't find anything better.

You might be surprised to find out how many successful older people have gone through times when they had to work long hours at a low paying job that they hated. It isn't uncommon. It's not a life sentence.

2 people like this.
  15. rollingalong

rollingalong Banned

op thought we were kind and compassionate and that we would all agree that mommy needs a punch in the face?........he should have posted this in he mother beating forum

1 person likes this.
  16. Ashalicious

The fact that his mother is still supporting his ass at 26 when he treats her like shit gives me a pretty good indication of what kind of person she is.

2 people like this.
  17. NoxiousGas

NoxiousGas Old Fart

Yeah, Fuck the ****!!
    You should just go and take a baseball bat to her skull right now and then she will never nag you again!!!!!
    Who does that stupid whore think she is after all expecting a full grown adult to at least pull their own weight!
    You are a man after all and she has absolutely no right at all to expect you to act like one!
    Stupid slag bitch!

is that more to your liking?

18. Karen_J

Karen_J Visitor

Maybe you're right. The only aspect of your post I disagreed with was the generalization. Fortunately, most of us don't know what it's like to have a bad mom.

With this mom, we've only heard one side of the story.

You don't need a job after you get sentenced to life without parole.

I'd still like to see this guy spend a week in a homeless shelter.

19. Ashalicious

You're totally right. This thread did remind me yet again how lucky I am to have not only an amazing mom, but an amazing mother in law.

20. Vanilla Gorilla

Vanilla Gorilla Go Ape

Hmmmmm I thought so.

If you want to know why you are having trouble with the whole gay thing.

Its becuase there is something way too freudian going on with you and your mother.

In real life, the way you carry yourself, the way you treat anyone that owns a vagina, it will be immediately obvious even if your mother is not around or they've never met her, or they've never seen you two together.

Not that they even need that, as i'm sure you'd always bring her up and start complaining about her in conversation too quickly, always a huge red flag

Time to grow a pair, move out, cut the cord