Communal Summer Camp Land In Solon, Maine

Discussion in 'Massachusetts' started by Highwayman, Jun 29, 2015.

1. Highwayman

Highwayman Member

We are trying to start an alternative communal camp up in Solon, Maine. My friend John is an elderly hippie who does not own a computer or have email( I though I wa scool for not having social media, he rocks). He has this 6.5 acre parcel with abutting 3.5 acre land of river frontage that he put into conservation land so no one ever build on it. There is an outhouse there & no electricity. There are some coolers, cookware, rafts & truck tubes for fun on the river. We need like minded people to return this place to its former glory. In years past there have been upwards of 50 campers using this land together & rotating in & out for different weekends throughout the summer. There is a concrete pad site if he right core group of people wanted to erect a longterm year round communal living structure. Right now you will need to bring your tents, yurts, rvs, campers, etc. Please bring what ever excess stuff you have to contribute to the infrastructure thats there. If you have anything that you feel will contribute to the camp, bring it.

We envision communl cooking, meals & cleanup duties with nightly campfires and daily hacksack, frisbee, biking, swimming, fishing, biking & other outdoor fun. Bring your hula hoops, poi, musical instruments, drums, frisbees, hackysacks etc & have fun.

John is an elderly hippie who lives in Natick, Mass & as I said earlier doesnt own a computer, drive a car or have a drivers license. Hes gone to some rainbow gatherings & followed the dead. I am 38, completely sober & have a cell phone, computer & a few email addresses & forum identities but also dont drive or own a car. I have traveled around the US/CA pennyless while hopping freight trains & hitchhiking and attended burning man for the last few years & dropped in on an a rainbow gathering here or there. I have ridden a bicycle for the last 15 years. Rideshares back & forth from Boston & Portland would be awesome. Solon is 105 miles from Portland, ME. We are just the first 2 participants in this camp & yeah John actually owns the land but we wont be up there all summer. I would love to see a core group of users coming & going with there friends to make this a community. Please be participants & willing to contribute in a communal setting (there are plenty of KOAs around if you simply want a place to camp). We want to make friends.

There is no fee but all are expected to both contribute food/drink items & chores. This can be so much more than a party place & it will be children & family friendly as well. There will be a magic hat passed once in awhile to go towards the taxes on the land. Just be respectful to others & realize that just because others arent like you dont make them bad. All are welcome, except yuppies, lol. I dont expect everyone will be sober like me but please no hard drugs, fighting, stealing etc. Nudity happens, parties happen, love happens & life happens but it dont happen without you! Come participate & see where it all goes. No excessive planning, just come as you are with what you got & we will all make it work. Together.

Kevin
    617-388-7622
    dancingetard@aol.com
    https://squattheplanet.com/threads/private-camp-in-solon-maine-seeking-quality-visitors-for-utopian-communal-summer-camp.23475/