Meet Kristoffer Lewandowski

Discussion in 'Cannabis Activism' started by DdC, Jun 28, 2015.

1. DdC

DdC Member

This is Kristoffer Lewandowski -- husband & father of three, former Marine, war veteran, rated 100% service-connected and facing life in prison for growing six marijuana plants in Oklahoma. Our system is imprisoning a man who fought for our country because he was self-medicating with a plant. This should upset you.

Please contact Oklahoma Governor Mary Fallin and ask her to pardon Kris!

Oklahoma State Capitol
    2300 N. Lincoln Blvd., Room 212
    Oklahoma City, OK 73105
    Local: (405) 521-2342
    Fax: (405) 521-3353

Free KRIS Community Facebook
    Meet Kristoffer Lewandowski; husband & father of three, former Marine, war veteran and facing life in prison for growing six marijuana plants.

[​IMG]

Oklahoma has been notorious anti-pot draconian sentencing all along. Will Foster, Oklahoma medical marijuana patient who was sentenced to 93 years in prison for keeping a small cultivation room in his basement, was released on parole April 26, 2001. James Geddes got sentenced to 150 years, reduced to 90 years for 5 PLANTS! Thanks to all the letters and hard work that showed community support for his case, along with his own hard work and that of his attorneys, James has been given a parole date in the Summer of 2003.

Petitioning Governor Mary Fallin
    WAR VETERAN FACES LIFE SENTENCE FOR POT

Pardon Kris!

[​IMG]

Veterans for Dr Sue Sisley MD & PTSD Research Facebook

Prominent Pot Researcher Blocked from Giving Lecture at Phoenix VA

Passing I-1372

“A Soldier’s Memoir”

Freedom to Choose
    War veteran, 100% service-connected PTSD and facing life in prison for weed. Our system is imprisoning a man who fought for our country because he's helping himself be a stable member of society.

[​IMG]

Veterans for Compassionate Care Lounge
    Senate Medical Marijuana bill March 10, 2015

National Cannabis Patients Wall

[​IMG]

Female veterans' suicide rates 'obscenely high,' says expert

Cannabis catch-22
    PTSD patients could be dropped from state's medical program
    Nat Dean, shown with her assistance dog, Tommy, at their home in Santa Fe on Friday, developed chronic pain and post-traumatic stress disorder from injuries she sustained in a car crash in 1984. At one point, she was taking 27 different medications to ease her symptoms. She says the cannabis she uses through the state’s Medical Cannabis Program is an alternative tool that helps her more than all of her previous medications combined.

Ganja 4 PTSD & Depression
    * Veterans for Medical Marijuana Access
    * Military Veterans Say Pot Eases PTSD
    * Veterans Form Pro-Legal Marijuana Group
    * On Afghan War 11th Anniversary
    * VA prescribes/opposes addictive drugs for PTSD
    * Why U.S. Vets Are Fighting for Medical Marijuana
    * PTSD Sufferers Qualify for Medical Marijuana
    * Republican State Senator Kimberly Yee blocks PTSD study
    * 300000 Iraq & Afghan Vets Suffer PTSD & Depression
    * PTSD People and Passive Aggressive People… a toxic mix

Cannabis, the Importance of Forgetting

Many Veterans are the Enemy of the D.E.A.th War

The Heartlessness of Dying for Prohibition

[​IMG]

2. ElEyeJaw

ElEyeJaw Banned

How many prior offenses did he have? Seems a bit much to swallow, even for Oklahoma, that someone would get a life sentence for their first offense, even for cultivation. For example I read something in High Times magazine a number of years ago, that a man got ninety nine years for six seedlings, but he had two prior pot offenses on his record. Not that those are not excessive sentences, but it doens't make sense someone would get such a stuff sentence their first offense.

3. rollingalong

rollingalong Banned

thank you for posting this.....done

1 person likes this.
  4. rollingalong

rollingalong Banned

you serious?....dude...I could fucking murder my wife in Canada and get less time in jail ..

it doesn't matter what he did before he was busted...things down there are backward with a bunch backward assholes ramming laws down peoples throats because they wont leave 1959
    and join 2015

2 people like this.
  5. deleted

deleted Visitor

bump.

1 person likes this.
  6. AceK

AceK Scientia Potentia Est

word. hearing about some of this shit makes my blood boil

they want to take a good mans life away from him and his family forever for growing a plant that naturally grows if you give it water and sunlight? how is this making the world a better place? is this even "justice" by definition?

the supreme courts recent ruling on same sex marriage is greatly pleasing to me because seriously some of these states just should not be permitted to continue to be the way they are. i wonder where the USA might be today if we didnt have shit like this to contend with. no no, cant make too much progress and not too fast else somebody get their panties in a bunch. but wtf is the point to delay progress? its inevitable so best to get on with it and as quickly as possible i think.

7. rollingalong

rollingalong Banned

not to mention how much money that state will spend to keep buddy in jail?

it doesn't make sense.....

it is offensive

8. DdC

DdC Member

9. rollingalong

rollingalong Banned

I received an email from change.org that this dudes federal charges were dropped.....I will try and get a link because apparently the media hasn't reported it

10. deleted

deleted Visitor

maybe its in this news somewhere.

11. DdC

DdC Member

UPDATE: Charges Dropped

Charges Dropped Against Okla. Veteran Treating His PTSD With Marijuana

UPDATE: After Kristoffer Lewandowski was violently extradited from California to Oklahoma, felony charges were dropped amid intense pressure from social networks and independent media.

[​IMG]

UPDATE July 15, 2015: While he could still face charges in a military court, U.S. Marine Corps veteran Kristoffer Lewandowski no longer faces potential life imprisonment under multiple felony charges for possession of marijuana, which his wife insists he was growing to treat severe post-traumatic stress disorder.

According to the Free Kris Facebook page, Lewandowski was extradited from California to Oklahoma on July 9. Four other inmates being transferred alongside the veteran were injured during an accident that supporters called an act of deliberate violence. But good news came on Wednesday, when Ricardo Pereyda, an organizer from the Weed For Warriors project, announced victory on a Change.org petition: “Kris has been released from jail, all felony charges have been dropped, and the remaining charges will be transferred to veterans court. It’s thanks to the outpouring of support from people like you that this was able to happen.”

Lewandowski’s story went viral thanks to widespread coverage in independent media, including MintPress News, which led to almost 20,000 signatures on the petition demanding his freedom. Another post on Facebook credited the assistance of Kansas lawyer Sarah Swain, who drove to Oklahoma to defend the veteran pro-bono. continued

[​IMG]

The Most Outrageous Marijuana Sentences

Ganja 4 PTSD & Depression
    ☮ Maine PTSD Sufferers Qualify for Medical Marijuana
    ☮ Republican State Senator Kimberly Yee blocks PTSD study
    ☮ Why are Soldiers Dying in Their Sleep?
    ☮ Veterans for Medical Marijuana Access
    ☮ Military Veterans Say Pot Eases PTSD
    ☮ Veterans Form Pro-Legal Marijuana Group
    ☮ VA prescribes/opposes addictive drugs for PTSD
    ☮ Why U.S. Vets Are Fighting for Medical Marijuana
    ☮ Cannabis, the Importance of Forgetting
    ☮ Many Veterans are the Enemy in the D.E.A.th War

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  12. DdC

DdC Member

Man Who Was Serving Life In Prison For Marijuana To Be Set Free

Jeff Mizanskey's last crime involved just six pounds of pot.

A 61-year-old Missouri man who was serving life in prison for nonviolent marijuana offenses, will be set free in a matter of days, his attorney confirmed Monday to The Huffington Post.

"We were notified today that he will be granted parole and be released within '10 to 25 days,'" lawyer Dan Viets said about the Missouri Department of Corrections' decision.

Mizanskey had met with the parole board just last Thursday. continued

[​IMG]

13. soulcompromise

soulcompromise Member HipForums Supporter

I think this situation is appreciable particularly when the individual didn't realize what they were doing was a serious offense. My understanding of is that Nevada is particularly stiff on Marijuana. I have actually gone from California to Nevada for concerts and thought about how crazy some people are to smoke at these events. It's such a bummer to be busted and especially lame if you didn't see it coming.

14. DdC

DdC Member

The only thing especially lame is the law.

Pot Turns Man Into Bat

William C. Woodward, chief counselor for the American Medical Association, lobbied against the (Marihuana Tax) act, saying, "The American Medical Association knows of no evidence that marijuana is a dangerous drug."

The only testimony that supported Anslinger's claims came from a Temple University pharmacologist who claimed to have injected a cannabis extract into the brains of 300 dogs, one of whom later died. After the law passed, the pharmacologist, James C. Munch, went on the narcotics bureau payroll as its "official expert" on marijuana.

Although he was later reprimanded by the bureau for testifying in court that he had once used the drug himself--he evidently told a jury in New York that, "After two puffs from a marijuana cigarette, I was turned into a bat"

--Munch still served as the bureau's pot expert until 1962.

[​IMG]

NRA Slavery: Another Fine Product Still Made in the USA

[​IMG]

[​IMG]