Texting In Public/with People

Discussion in 'The Whiners' started by Laci, Jun 27, 2015.

1. Laci

Laci Members

GOD this drives me nuts. I absolutely cannot stand it when people text/talk on the phone while they're in restaurants, in line at the grocery store, etc etc etc. Even more annoying is when a friend invites you over to hang out, and they spend the entire time on their phone instead of interacting with the person in the same room as them.
    *shakes head*

1 person likes this.
  2. Tyrsonswood

Tyrsonswood Senior Moment Lifetime Supporter

Yeah... They should do that when they are driving their cars.....

Wait!

3. beagles 'n' lox

beagles 'n' lox Typing Challened

Wait, I text in line at the grocery store often. Usually I'm complaining about the idiots in front of me or the dick behind me who keeps ramming me with their cart.

4. I'minmyunderwear

I'minmyunderwear Newbie

in a restaurant waiting for food or standing in line waiting your turn seem like ideal times to text.

5. AceK

AceK Scientia Potentia Est

yeah, shit drives me crazy too.

6. rollingalong

rollingalong Banned

not your business where I text....if your friends ignore you and choose to text at your house then that's kind of on you

7. SpacemanSpiff

SpacemanSpiff Visitor

texting doesnt bother me at all..mostly because it doesnt affect my space

violating my earspace with your retarded phone conversations is a different story though and will make me want to punch you in the throat.,,,or push my shopping cart into the back of your ankle :)

2 people like this.
  8. beagles 'n' lox

I'm at home in the living room. Is ok that I texted my wife, who is the kitchen, asking her to bring me a beer?

9. Moonglow181

Moonglow181 Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

"violating my earspace"...i like that spaceman....see, no hard feelings ever....:)
    funny,beagles...
    i ran out of likes for the day so have to say what i like out loud now.

10. Moonglow181

Moonglow181 Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

yeah, and text or talk on your cell phones while you are driving, too, and perhaps cause an accident that kills someone else because you did not have your full attention on your driving or the road...i...hate that...i do not care what anyone wants to do, who they text, etc...on their own time and not endangering someone else's life.

11. Vanilla Gorilla

Vanilla Gorilla Go Ape

Really annoying on the roads now.

Seems like every 2nd red light you have to honk the car in front cos they are on their phones

1 person likes this.
  12. Gongshaman

Gongshaman Modus Lascivious

The most bizarre thing happened to me recently. I happened to see a friend of mine at the store and she invited me to her house for coffee and a bowl, but it wasn't long before she was glued to her phone on facebook and I ended up talking to her teen-age daughter the entire time, who at one point even said to her mother;
    "Why don't you put the phone down for two seconds and be sociable, mom...jeeze!

Weird, lol

4 people like this.
  13. Vanilla Gorilla

Vanilla Gorilla Go Ape

LOL, that part would suck being a teen nowadays, your parents can video call you whenever they want

14. Pieceofmyheart

Pieceofmyheart Grumpy old bitch HipForums Supporter

I see it all the time. A group of people at a restaurant or bar sitting together at a table...and they are all on their phones. If I'm with a friend....and they will not put their phone down, I have been known to leave without saying a word.....just get up and leave.

So many people in the "position" of using playing on the phone with their head down. At some point the body will rebel with neck and shoulder pain.

Put your fucking phone down and look at the world an people around you.

What about dumbass people who record a concert with their phone instead of enjoying it while they are there? And the stupid....constant selfies!

end rant

1 person likes this.
  15. beagles 'n' lox

16. Meliai

Meliai Banned

I went to a concert the other night with my 21 year old coworker and instead of watching the concert she took pictures of herself and uploaded them to snap chat all night. Then I look out at the audience and realize almost every other person had their phone out recording or taking pictures. Wtf people. This was the first concert I've been to in like 4 years besides local shows...4 years ago smart phones were just taking off and you would see a few with their phones out but not half the audience. It was kind of a culture shock.

that same coworker and I went to some botanical gardens one day on our lunch break to walk around and she was on her phone the whole time then too. So annoying.

3 people like this.
  17. deleted

deleted Visitor

my text are something like this:

Ok
    yes
    no
    later
    :)
    :(

I cant write books like some people can..

18. rollingalong

rollingalong Banned

I have no problem telling people I am with that they are being a dick in some way...

try this

''put your fucking phone away because it is embarrassing to be with you right now and if you don't I am leaving......dick''

19. rollingalong

rollingalong Banned

also....if absolutely needed I will say ''excuse me a moment''

or

''I;m sorry I need a minute''

those are called manners

20. Mattekat

Mattekat Ice Queen of The North

I hate this too. My friends and I have a rule when we go to dinner so that this doesn't happen. We all put our phones in the pile on the table during dinner and if anyone touches theirs, they have to pay for everyone's dinner.

2 people like this.