Attractiveness Of Gay Men / Lesbian Women

Discussion in 'People' started by Nerdanderthal, Jun 26, 2015.

1. Nerdanderthal

Nerdanderthal Members

This isn't meant to offend anyone but it's an easily identifiable aspect of homosexuality. It wouldn't be hard to set up a scientific study where various married people are rated on their physical attractiveness, and then plot the results categorized by gay / straight.

I think it's an infinitely accurate hypothesis that married gay women are much less traditionally attractive than their married straight counterparts. I also think it's likely that gay men are slightly more attractive than their married heterosexual counterparts, though I'm less sure of that assertion.

I'm more interested in people's thoughts on why strict lesbians are very rarely considered classically beautiful. Also, who is the most attractive woman you know of that has sworn off men?

EDIT: Concerning secondary sex characteristics, I think the data is off the charts. Girls with big round butts and nice tits simply don't become lesbians. There are some statuesque, thin women with nice facial features that might go gay, their estrogen levels appear to be quite low. So many gay guys though, scream high testosterone.

TL;DR, high estrogen levels makes becoming a lesbian all but impossible.

2. r0llinstoned

r0llinstoned Gute Nacht, süßer Prinz

One of my supervisors at work was hot as fuk.. like.. id drag my balls through glass to get a chance to see her tits. But shes a lesbian.

But generally I agree with you

3. I'minmyunderwear

I'minmyunderwear Newbie

i've worked with a couple incredibly hot lesbians.

it makes perfect sense that married straight women are hotter than married lesbians. a large percentage of women seem to have no life goals beyond getting married and having kids, which is really easy for an attractive straight woman to accomplish. gay women have some issues there. first, there's not as much of a selection for them, so even the attractive ones have to wait longer to find someone suitable. also, a lesbian is more likely than a straight woman to have experiences that turn her against marriage altogether, so even the cute ones that could marry if they wanted to, may not want to. and of course, legally marrying has traditionally been an issue for same sex couples.

so to summarize, most attractive straight women have great desire to marry and no problem doing so, whereas gay women may have less desire and more barriers to doing so.

1 person likes this.
  4. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

We're hot as fuck, jussayin'. ;)

2 people like this.
  5. r0llinstoned

r0llinstoned Gute Nacht, süßer Prinz

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YaG5SAw1n0c

6. Vanilla Gorilla

Vanilla Gorilla Go Ape

Its always been a bit of a laugh, you guys, and by you guys I mean the type OP is, will just simply not believe a girl is gay if she gives you wood.

So you are only talking about ones you are quite ok with openly believing are gay.

Totally freakin blinded to the others, even though often they are right under your nose

You will believe what you want to believe, and its not like they are really going to care

1 person likes this.
  7. GLENGLEN

GLENGLEN Banned

As I Discovered A Few Months Ago....[​IMG]

Cheers Glen.

1 person likes this.
  8. Nerdanderthal

Nerdanderthal Members

I will always go with the evidence, I never just believe what I want to believe, I'm perfectly aware of cognitive bias and the dangers of wishful thinking.

What I'm looking for here is any example of a high estrogen woman that doesn't fuck guys. I did a search for "hottest lesbian celebrities" or whatever and not only were they all bisexual save for one or two, they all had flat chests and stick figures. Go figure.

Every time you see a lesbian couple celebrating a gay marriage announcement, they don't mirror universal conceptions of womanly beauty. Show me an example of a high estrogen woman who's sworn off men, I really think they don't exist.

9. scratcho

scratcho Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

You mean they aren't quite good looking enough to get a man? Not enough estrogen to snag a man, so women it is? You research the oddest subjects.

I'm not sure it's real productive--I mean what does one do with this info?

10. Nerdanderthal

Nerdanderthal Members

I'm fascinated by Sacred Cows. Can't help myself.

Not even so much that they can't snag a man, more that high estrogen is going to make your mothering instincts kick in and you'll feel compelled to start a family with a manly man as your significant other. Without the high estrogen levels, the mothering instinct may or may not be acknowledged.

11. scratcho

scratcho Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

Well, I wouldn't know about that, since I've been graced with a penile member. (a cute little bugger at that.) Let's hope some women chime in here.

12. Nerdanderthal

Nerdanderthal Members

Let me further expound upon this theory.

Women are evolutionarily and biologically more connected with the idea that sex leads to family. We would hope that men buy into this idea, and the societies that promote that idea tend to be much more successful than the alternative, but we all know that for men, spray and pray is all too common. Therefore

High T, prototypical males want to FUCK

High E, prototypical females want a FAMILY

So prototypical males can easily fuck other prototypical males, but prototypical females can't traditionally raise a family with prototypical females. The mothering instinct is much more engrained than the fathering instinct.

Let's just keep rolling with this idea, if you gave lesbian women large doses of estrogen, I think all kinds of mothering instincts would well up unexpectedly. All of the sudden beards and deep voices and manly features might start to be really appealing.

13. Vanilla Gorilla

Vanilla Gorilla Go Ape

OK, I see where you are coming from

Empiricism, the idea basically that instinct does not exist. Instinct is merely a long chain of events that happen too fast for us to see, making something seem like innate behaviour.

There is no such thing as maternal instinct. Can just be broken down into a chain of chemical, hormonal, sexual responses

And there are too many hurdles when it comes to the true basis of human behaviour for you to ever see that point of view and move forward

The real reason your mother breast fed you, you got addicted to it via sex hormones in the breast milk, what hormones get fired into her brain when you look at her an smile and the real effect that has on her body

So looking at it just on Estrogen is a mistake

And again, its just your world view, there arent any Lesbians with big butts and "nice" boobs?, depends on the definition of nice? You have a very different world view to mine. Likely becuase you've never really mixed with any of them.

The statement :"Women are evolutionarily and biologically more connected with the idea that sex leads to family"

If it were true evolutionarily, mammals would not have evolved and thus neither humans, if half the population did devote all resources to "family"

If true biologically, well which one of the 10,000 biological functions are you talking about? or do all the cells in the body get together once a week and have a meeting?

The assumption that becuase a woman has kids, marries and lives with a man, means she cant be a lesbian is also false

14. rollingalong

rollingalong Banned

op's credibility is out the window after reading this little tidbit

15. Nerdanderthal

Nerdanderthal Members

Because homosexuality is 100% scripted from birth? It's entirely genetic, is that your take? We're all on a spectrum anyway, no one is 100% gay or straight. The most straight people have a few gay thoughts in their lifetime, moderately straight people might have a gay experience in their lifetime.

Let's simplify this to find some common ground. Can you guys imagine a study that examined the physical attractiveness of married gay men / women? It's easy enough to do a scientific study like that with big enough samples. What do you think the results would be? Everyone ranked on a 1-10 scale by a full body photo. Married Gay women average 4, married straight women 5? Married Gay men 6, married straight men 5? Perhaps you think it not important enough to do a study on, but there have been studies on even more trivial matters. I think political correctness would be the biggest impediment.

16. rollingalong

rollingalong Banned

I don't need a study to know there is plenty of smoking hot lesbians with huge cans and nice asses

many of which others would not fins attractive at all

this entire thread smells bad

17. Vanilla Gorilla

Vanilla Gorilla Go Ape

So you would choose a girl based on her attractiveness over a girl that would be way more fun in the bedroom?

What do you think the girls can summize from this?

Do you think you will always feel this way?