Have You Ever Been Offended

Discussion in 'People' started by Nerdanderthal, Jun 24, 2015.

1. FireflyInTheDark

FireflyInTheDark Sell-out with a Heart of Gold

Yes. I met my then-boyfriend at a Dunkin Donuts and we happened to make out a little in the front seat in the parking lot. We were just kissing, nothing heavy. We were just happy to see each other after a long day. The manager, a middle-aged, miserable-looking woman, came out and tapped on his window and told us to take it to the hotel across the street. He laughed it off, but I have never been so pissed. She said that with the intention of making us feel cheap and dirty. He tried to calm me down and told me it was clearly because she hated her own life, but I almost got out of the car and screamed her down. There was no reason for that. I don't know why people have to tear others down to make themselves feel better. I was having an awful day and just wanted to steal a few minutes of happiness. I did not kiss my boyfriend with the intention of making her feel bad about herself, and I was not corrupting the teenagers that worked for her. She saw two people happy and felt the need to bully them, and I found that to be utter bullshit. I still regret not saying something, but bf wanted to just drop it, so we left. Still pisses me off thinking about it. Hate bullies.

2. thedope

thedope glad attention Lifetime Supporter

I do admit to being sort of shitty but my bowels function properly.

Resentful, never.

1 person likes this.
  3. thedope

thedope glad attention Lifetime Supporter

slow to respond

4. Sleeping Caterpillar

Sleeping Caterpillar Members

I can't find the clip :/ but Bill Burr has a great response to this

As his role as a comedian, he made the observation that people will laugh at any thing until the jokes on them.

The fat group never defends the lesbian group or vis versa, people are so self-centered in what they take offense in.

In the end, it's all just a joke, and they need to sit down, shut up, and laugh.

5. rollingalong

rollingalong Banned

this thread , by design , is intended to put down every black person offended by the confederate flag...

they are all over the media saying ''that flag is offensive'' and op...who is goddamned clever....decided this is a good time to talk about how weak someone is who can be ''offended''

you a very smart dude with lots of 3 dollar words.....they aren't worth the paper they are written on[saying]

same thing with his lesbians are homely bullshit thread....clever but shitty

6. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

I don't get easily offended. You'd have to take a good crack at my family maybe for me to take anything too seriously. I use the "burden" speech a lot because it's a great speech to give somebody if they've got a problem with you, you tell the that's their burden. Because it is. And whether they agree with it or not they will take a look at themselves or the situation and go over it in their head and then most likely realise that I'm right, I don't need to take what a random person on the internet says with any seriousness and any problem they have is exact that, theirs.

And I'm not really different in real life either. I've copped enough bullying and stuff from where I'm from to my sexuality all through school to take to heart what anybody says about me anymore. It's just all fluff and Childs play and like I said, it's somebody else's burden and concern, not mine to deal with but hey, if I'm working you up into a temper tantrum, I'm gone laugh at that shit. :D

7. rollingalong

rollingalong Banned

1 person likes this.
  8. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

Well tbh, I don't even know what y'all goin' on 'bout. :d

9. Dude111

Dude111 An Awesome Dude HipForums Supporter

I dont give a fuck WHAT ANYTHING THINKS,I thankfully have my own mind and do what feels right to me!

1 person likes this.
  10. Metal Groomp

Metal Groomp Members

I don't get offended as much as I use to anymore. Back then, I found any and all things offensive and it's like everyone was out there to make me feel offended. Then one day, I decided to maybe lighten up a bit and stop being so offended by even the littlest of things and you know what? My life has gotten SO much better that I don't even regret it one bit and the quality of my life has improved so much. I'm actually happy now and I feel like nothing can offend me as much anymore.

11. Eerily

Eerily Members

You just decided?

12. Logan 5

Logan 5 Confessed gynephile Lifetime Supporter

Grievance filed.

13. Eerily

Eerily Members

What??!!!

1 person likes this.
  14. Ashalicious

Ashalicious Senior Member

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QaySSRJp79M

15. Mattekat

Mattekat Ice Queen of The North

I'm not normally offended by much, but today I asked one of the guys I work with to help me clean up after breakfast and do the dishes. He told me that was a girls job and walked away. I'm kinda pissed off, especially because I cooked breakfast today and all the household chores are supposed to be shared. That's part of the deal of getting to live here.

I'm not sure if I'm offended or just pissed though...

1 person likes this.
  16. Jenny40

Jenny40 Members

17. tallend

tallend Members

I think we totally do - of course I think everyone knows a story about being offended at some point. Just sayin.

18. Piney

Piney Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

Microagressions...... in the news lately

19. Eerily

Eerily Members

Mattekat was offended for a good reason, it involved the internal struggle for hierarchy involved in all group dynamics, and in that case specifically part of the struggle involved was who would sacrifice the most of their time for the welfare of the group.

But, there's no good reason to be offended by something in the news, unless one is highly active in the whatever issue is being reported on. And I don't just mean voting or making a post about it occasionally online. The news can make one worry, sad, happy, even angry, but to be personally offended or even to feel better about oneself because of what's in the news is an obvious sign of lack of pride in oneself as an individual (as opposed to a member of groups and societies) and lack of acceptance of the world.

20. Eerily

Eerily Members