Have You Ever Been Offended

Discussion in 'People' started by Nerdanderthal, Jun 24, 2015.

1. Nerdanderthal

Nerdanderthal Members

or had your feelings hurt by a statement with no truth to it?

It strikes me that anything patently false, is easily dismissed. You can laugh off or trivialize any vaccuous statement, the only time a remark will eat you up inside and have you spend time thinking about it, is when it forces you to confront something which you know has merit.

2. I'minmyunderwear

I'minmyunderwear Newbie

i don't specifically remember such a situation occurring, but i can see a couple ways it could happen. for one, if everyone believes the lie, it might kind of hurt. or, if someone you trusted is spreading lies about you, that would also probably hurt.

2 people like this.
  3. Nerdanderthal

Nerdanderthal Members

Yeah rumors are a different animal. It gets tedious to try to categorize this stuff, but I might argue that it's not the statement that hurt but the lowered social status or opinion held by others due to the lie. I was having this chat with a friend and they brought up rumors as well.

4. thedope

thedope glad attention Lifetime Supporter

Are you offended by things that are true?

5. Nerdanderthal

Nerdanderthal Members

Never. I am more or less invulnerable to taking offense. I invite the opportunity to expose any cognitive dissonance in my head. Any hurt feelings on my part, is just an opportunity to fully accept any of my immutable faults. I like it when people try to hurt my feelings, it is almost always an opportunity to laugh at the stupidity of the statement or if it does hit home, it's a learning opportunity.

2 people like this.
  6. Moonglow181

Moonglow181 Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

No...offended is not the word i word use.

more like disgusted, put off, hurt, angry......etc...depending on what....

7. Nerdanderthal

Nerdanderthal Members

Try to see it like this, you have two beneficial options. Humored, or enlightened.

8. Vanilla Gorilla

Vanilla Gorilla Go Ape

I'm offended right now

3 minutes with this thread, no funny one liners, no dick pics

2 people like this.
  9. Moonglow181

depends on my mood, i guess. i can be very humorous and I do laugh easily, but I am also very serious minded....It is just the way i am.....can a tiger change its stripes?

10. AceK

AceK Scientia Potentia Est

i tend not to place much value into the remarks made by persons lacking intellect.

1 person likes this.
  11. scratcho

scratcho Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

I get offended if false info is stated or inferred concerning an opinion of mine. But not much, really. Bottom line---so it goes.

12. Moonglow181

maybe those things hurt your sensibilities......so you had to confront them or it would eat you alive inside?

13. I'minmyunderwear

I'minmyunderwear Newbie

3 minutes? you are an incredibly meticulous reader.

2 people like this.
  14. deleted

deleted Visitor

Im offended that titless redneck **** miley cyrus is supported by our economic system..

2 people like this.
  15. r0llinstoned

r0llinstoned Gute Nacht, süßer Prinz

I get offended by how easily offended some people/groups get.

16. Meliai

Meliai Banned

I dont ever really get offended. I can actually only remember one time I've felt really offended. People annoy me all the time with the dumb shit they say but I wouldn't say that's the same thing as being offended.

17. I honestly can't tell when people are trying to offend me anymore. It seems like I'm constantly being misunderstood, so much so that I really think I'm mishearing things when I consider the possibility that someone meant me offense. I generally like people, so it all works out. The times when I think maybe someone meant me offense I find pretty amusing, even if they are just imaginary, and learn things from them.

It's kind of a fun challenge to see yourself through the eyes of others. Like, I'm a cashier at work, and today some lady looked at me like I was some total dope, and that gave me a good chuckle. I guess to not take offense you just have to be genuinely happy with your life. If I had plans and schemes these kinds of things would probably bother me.

1 person likes this.
  18. natural philosophy

natural philosophy bitchass sexual chocolate

fuck no.

Taking offense is a sign of a weak character.

*edit* maybe when i was a kid before my testicles dropped but not since then.

19. Moonglow181

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  20. rollingalong

rollingalong Banned

of·fend·ed

/əˈfendid/

adjective

adjective: offended

resentful or annoyed, typically as a result of a perceived insult.
    "she sounded slightly offended"

synonyms: upset, insulted, affronted, aggrieved, displeased, hurt, wounded, disgruntled, put out, annoyed, angry, cross, exasperated, indignant, irritated, piqued, vexed, irked, stung, galled, nettled, resentful, in a huff, huffy, in high dudgeon;

I think each and every one of you that claims to be NEVER offended is completely full of shit

look at those synonyms and answer again

you all offend me :)

2 people like this.