Family Of 3 Open To New Opportunities!

Discussion in 'Communal Living' started by wildmoonflower, Jun 22, 2015.

1. wildmoonflower

wildmoonflower Members

Hi there!

My name is Erica, I'm 30, my boyfriend Travis is 35 and our daughter Harmony is almost 3. We currently live in a cramped little apartment in Youngstown, Ohio and are dying to get out of here, learn some new things and get back to nature!
    We are kind, honest, compassionate, loving people who put our daughter before everything. We love art, free thought, self expression and both have a very ridiculous, silly, "out there" sense of humor and are light hearted. We don't value material things (althought we do love garage sales, flea markets and similiar kinds of treasure hunting) and love being outdoors more then anything. We enjoy reading about science, mystery, philosophy, psychology, oddities and different cultures. We are vegetarians. We are athiests. We plan on homeschooling our child. Unfortunately, where we live (Youngstown, Ohio area), not a lot of people share the same ideals as us and people tend to look down on us for our individuality.
    Neither of us are strangers to hard work.
    Travis works in a laminate factory and has worked on farms, in other factories and on motorcycles most of his life. He is a musician (mainly bass guitar) and music nerd. He is very intelligent and is one of those guys who knows a little about everything and loves to learn new traits.
    I currently work from home and take care of Harmony while Travis is at work. I started a small business not long ago, www.funkymonkeygorillagrams.com , where I do "Gorilla Grams", Character Appearances and more (check the website, told you I have a silly sense of humor!). I also sell items on eBay. In the past, I've worked as a housekeeper for a family with 5 children, waitressed and worked at resturants and designed and silkscreened T-Shirts that I sold at music shows.
    I have done a lot of traveling, especially in my early 20's. I was a wanderer, flowerchild, hippie - call it what you will but wow was it fun! I experienced the commune life, rainbow gatherings and even lived on a traveling schoolbus for a few months. It lasted a few years on and off and was one of the best times of my life! I loved how everyone worked together and with so little, we accomplished so much! I have lived in many different states but came back to Youngstown (where I'm from originally) when I had my daughter.
    Now that she is a little older, we would like to relocate to somewhere more remote. We are open to many different options! We just want to get out this area. Commune life, working as farm hands, sharing land, etc. We want to live somewhere open with land, trees, water - away from a lot of people. We would love to have a large garden, chickens and other animals and living from the land as much as possible. We are open to learning new trades and collaborating on projects. Our daughter's health and happiness is our main concern. We are tired of raising her around pollution, negativity and materialism. If you have a job, home or opportunity that you think would fit us and feel that we share common traits, please contact me and let's chat! :)

-Erica

Attached Files:

2. Mama.Bear40

Mama.Bear40 Members

I wish I had the land to help. You and your family sound beautiful !! :) Keep putting out positive energy and I am sure you will find euphoria. I Understand many of your struggles, I use to have dreadlocks, I ended up cutting them because of strangers yelling( often while my son was with me) "hey,where can I find the ganja".People can be so cruel.
    Peace be with you

3. zz3

zz3 Members

Hi,
    I am an older small homestead farmer. I need a young family to share and help on my homestead. You will get a place to set up your camper, van, camp, or build a cabin. The site will be made permanent after a trial period to see if we are compatible. There is co-op water and electricity, poultry house and yard, Garden spot in cultivation, Pasture with a small barn with electric and water, set up to raise goats for meat or milk, commercial or self use. I have a tractor, some implements and tools. It is on a asphalt highway and has school bus service to a small town school a couple of miles away. There is an area of woods and wildlife. Homestead is located in the Ozark Mountains near national forest, and river, fishing lakes.
    You will contribute your labor and talent as co-manager custodian because I am getting to old to handle it all. I have a wife but no children.
    I can offer some assistance to travel and get set up. I am open to discuss / negotiate details. Sorry, illegal activity not allowed because of local laws and enforcement. I am open minded and a free thinker: beatnik, hippy, rainbow, etc.
    Peace and Love, zz3

4. apeymama

apeymama Supporter HipForums Supporter

Hi, Erica.

If you haven't already found a place to move to, I have a possible placement for you. I am part of a developing co-op in the hills of West Virginia. We have the wild and free life you are looking for and a place where you can homeschool your daughter. We are looking for people who can help us build our co-op. It is actually an old schoolhouse with 5 acres and lots of room to run, play, and garden. The founder/owner is a handy man who can fix, make, or build anything, but the place is big and needs a lot of work. His nephew and girlfriend also have a little girl, age 6. We would love to have another couple to help us get the place updated, repaired, and established. If you and your husband might be interested, let's chat about it and see if we find common ground!

Best,
    april

5. Sleeping Caterpillar

Sleeping Caterpillar Members

lol how is that cruel?

6. Mama.Bear40

Mama.Bear40 Members

Zz3
    Such a kind offer,its refreshing to find that there are other GOOD peolple out there. If you are still thinking of taking on helpers, PLEASE let me know. My family is a bit bigger and we probably dont have some of the skills the above Travis (wildmoonflower,s husband)has. My 18 year old son has been helping my uncle since he was 12 fixing houses,flooring,a/c units, so he is unique compared to most his age. We lived in communally most his young life.
    I know quite a bit about farming, horses,cooking,children, and have been looking into bee keeping.i am currently in n.c., but when my son finishes up high school in august, we are looking to move. I am a preschool teacher,and live my job, but dont have the time or money to grow much anymore. I miss it,the land, the air,food, and peace i find from living/working the land.If you would like to get to know us better here is my e mail, praze.jahh@gmail.com
    Have a beautiful day :)

7. Jungle-Ed

Jungle-Ed Members

It is always a pleasure to come across great, friendly, nice people. My kind of people.